Sunday Games 01/12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sunday Games 01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
HuskyFan1125 said:
Missouri up 20-12 on Kentucky in Lexington!
. Other than giving UK credit for beating Baylor, can we please jettison the notion, a la Georgia, the Kentucky is actually any good? The emperor has no clothes. None.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
. Other than giving UK credit for beating Baylor, can we please jettison the notion, a la Georgia, the Kentucky is actually any good? The emperor has no clothes. None.

True, very true!

But I cant stomach to watch Tennessee.

So I will gladly provide commentary on the Wildcats...no matter how bad :eek:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think I have figured out Kentucky!

I think!!!

With the type of defense the Wildcats play, Mitchell is always rotating players in for the "40 minutes of dread".

I think that hurts the offense. Why? The players cant get into any kind of offense flow because there are so many different players in and out of lineup. If I am a PG, its hard to bring the ball down the floor and look for offense when 8/10 times I am looking at 4 different players.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
KY will most likely win this game, and two of their 3 losses are to top 10 teams, plus not that many teams have also beaten two top 10 teams (you kind of forgot to mention Louisville there). So until the candidates for teams that are "any good" gets filled out with more dazzling candidates, I would still keep a team with two top 10 wins in that list.

Mizzoo on the other hand does not fit that description, as they are projected to finish 5-11 in a weaker SEC.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hence why it amazes me people are so worried about Sims and Baylor. Or think it'll be a tight game. Did UCONN have trouble with Ogwumike and Stanford or Thomas and Maryland???

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just thinking - there seem to be more top teams that are one trick wonders this year than usual -
Stanford - CO
PSU - Lucas
Baylor - Sims
Are there others?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
But, but, but..... the SEC is the best conference in women's bb!!

(I guess they are so good they just keep beating each other.)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Vandy just went on an 8-0 run to take a 55-50 lead on Tennessee.

How much did we beat Vanderbilt by in last year's tournament?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Tennessee is going down to Vanderbilt. They are not going to be happy over on the checkered board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These are the kinda rivalries I love the most... teams dont like each other... fanbases dont like each other.... and both schools are in the same state.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I wonder if Vanderbilt will be ranked after this...they have three losses, to South Carolina, Duke and Marquette, but just beat the number 8 team in the country.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I haven't seen a ton of basketball this season...but Tennessee just looked bad. No ability to stop Vanderbilt's guards, minimal emphasis to feed the posts (Graves/Harrison/Russell) and poor shooting/decision making by Simmons. For playing 4 years of college basketball, Meighan Simmons has never learned how to share the basketball. Down the stretch she shot the ball whenever she had touched it (even when there was a better shooter/better option available) and doesn't look like she has improved her decision making at all.

Bashaara Graves...what happened to her this year? At this point last season she was regarded as the best freshman in the nation. Nobody would consider her anywhere near Loyd/Stewart at this point.

Maybe this was just a bad showing for Tennessee, but considering how much talent they have in the post, I don't understand why their trio of talented posts (Harrison/Russell/Graves) only took 13 shots (hitting 8 of them) while Simmons was able to launch 21 (and only manage to hit 8)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lady Vols probably win this game if Izzy Harrison doesn't foul out. She only played approx 10 minutes and this year she's been their best player. As the announcer said, didn't understand why Lady Vols don't use their superior size more.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols, from what I've seen, are not very well coached. Simmons hasn't gotten any better in her four years, they had another player get a technical today (Burdick, I think, to go along with Simmons' last week). When was the last time you saw a UConn player get a technical foul?

ETA: It was Harrison who got the technical, not Burdick.

Reaction Score
why let simmons launch all the shots at the expense of inside touches? because UT coaching staff is in favor of that..... I say that because if they were not in favor of Meighan jacking it up as an offensive strategy, they would CLEARLY have her on the pine..... I used to scratch my head and ask why, but after a while I figured out that they (HCHW and assts) give MS full reign..... and of course MS is too much a loose cannon, too undisciplined to lead the LVs to any degree of promise...... UT will be fortunate to have her gone next year. A lot of passion, and lot of activity, but little else.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hence why it amazes me people are so worried about Sims and Baylor. Or think it'll be a tight game. Did UCONN have trouble with Ogwumike and Stanford or Thomas and Maryland???
I'm probably worrying irrationally, but Sims is a guard, so she'll have the ball in her hands, and may be better than Thomas or Ogwumike. We'll see. I hope our defenders shut her down, but I agree with Geno that she's really, really good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just thinking - there seem to be more top teams that are one trick wonders this year than usual -
Stanford - CO
PSU - Lucas
Baylor - Sims
Are there others?
Louisville - Shoni Shimmel

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bashaara Graves...what happened to her this year? At this point last season she was regarded as the best freshman in the nation. Nobody would consider her anywhere near Loyd/Stewart at this point.

Good question. She doesn't look to be 100% right now but I agree that she hasn't been as productive/effective even before the calf injury. It doesn't look like she's added to her game since last year. She'll always rebound well and get her share of points that way, but she's predictable with the ball in the half court offense.

BTW, this is the second game in which a LV has lost her composure and earned a technical.

Reaction Score
If you lose to Stanford OK, Notre Dame,as they will next week, OK,but LSU and Vandy are not exactly juggernauts...... 10 pt lead in 2nd half and LVs let Vandy guards tear them up..... not a happy time in KVille

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols, from what I've seen, are not very well coached. Simmons hasn't gotten any better in her four years, they had another player get a technical today (Burdick, I think, to go along with Simmons' last week). When was the last time you saw a UConn player get a technical foul?

ETA: It was Harrison who got the technical, not Burdick.
This was very typical Simmons game for UTenn, and they still could have been in the running to win this game except that she got 1 FTA, which she missed. Shooting less than 40% for the game was not good, but you can't blame this one one on Meighan who led the team with 19 points. Massengale was the disaster, and she's usually pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom