Sunday (3/10) games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/10) games

Reaction Score
Which I believe some people would consider taunting

That one was no different from The Tierra McCowan block that they constantly show the block for. She literally didn't an excellent job on defense and blocked the POY. That was nit picking, that wouldn't have been called a T in the men's game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCF and Cincinnati tied up at halftime.

Can’t be emphasized enough how important this game is for UCF’s odds of an at large bid. Their RPI is high but their resume is feather light, with Quinnipiac and Villanova as the closest thing they have to quality wins. And Nova’s loss today just dropped them outside the top 50.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That one was no different from The Tierra McCowan block that they constantly show the block for. She literally didn't an excellent job on defense and blocked the POY. That was nit picking, that wouldn't have been called a T in the men's game.
Sorry I have no idea what play you are referring to concerning Teaira but in the Iowa State/Texas game, I think blocking a shot, then standing over the fallen player and staring at her would/should be called taunting 99% of the time.
The only thing that would have made it more obvious was if she reached out to help her up and then pulled her hand back.
Players are taught to block the shot and then get ready for the next play.

Oh, I agree about the men's game where that "behavior" is the norm and why I haven't watched a men's game in 20+ years, college or the Not Basketball Anymore.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Would Iowa rather be in Greensboro or Chicago? They might want to start tanking now

#tank4chicago ???

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've watched a bit of Iowa this year, they're entertaining. Gustafson is outstanding of course. I also find myself appreciating Doyle and Stewart, nice complimentary players.

Iowa pulling away, up 15 w/ about 6 minutes left. Gustafson has 43 points and counting.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maryland tied it early in 3Q but it’s been all Iowa since then, now up 14 with 4 minutes to play.

Gustafson has 45 (!!).

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Would Iowa rather be in Greensboro or Chicago? They might want to start tanking now

#tank4chicago ???
I don’t think it matters much. Iowa already got crushed by ND, might as well try their luck with Baylor on a neutral court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UCF and Cincinnati tied up at halftime.

Can’t be emphasized enough how important this game is for UCF’s odds of an at large bid. Their RPI is high but their resume is feather light, with Quinnipiac and Villanova as the closest thing they have to quality wins. And Nova’s loss today just dropped them outside the top 50.

UCF starting to seperate with a few 3pt shots. 55-47 with 6 minutes left. Kiki Wright having a good game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCF starting to seperate with a few 3pt shots. 55-47 with 6 minutes left. Kiki Wright having a good game.
That seems like a big lead in a UCF game but Cincinnati has some shooters, not out of it yet.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Unclear.

Aborwawa blocked Carleton's shot. Then T called.
Refs claimed taunting, but seemed marginal at best.
Horns fought hard tying it at 64-64 on a 3-pointer by Destiny Littleton with like 3 minutes left. But, after a block by Mide Aborowa on Carlton under the ISU basket, they called her for a technical for simply remaining standing where she made the block, and stared at Carlton who was on the floor. She didn't say a word, as confirmed by Coach Aston on the post-game after her discussion with the ref. Resulted in a 4-point possession for ISU. That was that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I spot Adam Amin and Kara Lawson!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don’t think it matters much. Iowa already got crushed by ND, might as well try their luck with Baylor on a neutral court.

If they make it that far :cool:

Reaction Score
Did I hear that right? Vic bragging about McCowan's 2.67 GPA? Is a B- really something to boast about?

For her it is! She has been a chore to coach for 4 years, off the court. She almost left school a couple of times to quit and go home her freshman year. She is a kid that will graduate from college when alot of people close to the program didn't think she'd last long.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That seems like a big lead in a UCF game but Cincinnati has some shooters, not out of it yet.

I think UCF has the better athletes across the board and especially in the post. That should help. 61-53 with 3' left. Just glad they are being worked hard by Cinn.

Reaction Score
Sorry I have no idea what play you are referring to concerning Teaira but in the Iowa State/Texas game, I think blocking a shot, then standing over the fallen player and staring at her would/should be called taunting 99% of the time.
The only thing that would have made it more obvious was if she reached out to help her up and then pulled her hand back.

Oh, I agree about the men's game where that "behavior" is the norm and why I haven't watched a men's game in 20+ years, college or the Not Basketball Anymore.

She wasn't standing over her.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Iowa Big Ten tourney champs; soundly defeats Maryland, 90-74. And that Megan kid? Not too bad either. Tourney MOP, as it turns out. 45 points? Wowzers!

D7F53C41-7268-4B72-805D-33F86C4F15D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For her it is! She has been a chore to coach for 4 years, off the court. She almost left school a couple of times to quit and go home her freshman year. She is a kid that will graduate from college when alot of people close to the program didn't think she'd last long.

And that's the biggest win of all.

Reaction Score

That might be true your description bore any semblance to the reality . Mide was 7-8 feet away from Carlton. The ref appeared reacting to the energy in the room and not the action on the floor. Mide did not move towards Carlton, did not lean over and the ref was not in a position to confirm whether her eyes were even directed at Carlton. It was a terrible call.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stanford out to an 8-0 lead. Thought I would write quickly before OU storms back. ;)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for @triaddukefan to talk about how much Stanford is struggling! They seem to possess the ability to reverse jinx teams!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom