Sunday (3/10) games | The Boneyard

Sunday (3/10) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Championship games on ESPN2:
ACC: Notre Dame (1) vs. Louisville (2) (12pm ET)
SEC: Mississippi St (1) vs. Arkansas (10) (2pm)
Big Ten: Maryland (1) vs. Iowa (2) (6pm)
Pac-12: Oregon (1) vs. Stanford (2) (8pm)

Other championship games:
A-10: VCU (1) vs. Fordham (2) (12pm ET, ESPNU)
SoCon: Mercer (1) vs. Furman (2) (12pm, ESPN+)

Big 12 semifinals (on FS1)
Baylor (1) vs. Kansas St (4) (3pm ET)
Iowa St (2) vs. Texas (3) (5:30pm)

AAC semifinals
UConn (1) vs. USF (5) (4pm, ESPN2)
UCF (2) vs. Cincinnati (3) (6:30, ESPNU)

Big East quarterfinals (on FS2)
Marquette (1) vs. St. John's (9) (1pm ET)
Georgetown (4) vs. Villanova (5) (3:30pm)
DePaul (2) vs. Providence (7) (7pm)
Butler (3) vs. Creighton (6) (9:30pm)

Other conference tournaments in action:
MAAC, America East, Summit, Mountain West

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Thanks for this, Plebe. Interesting that for all the talk of parity this season, all the major conference tournaments are looking likely to end up as 1 vs. 2 finals but for the SEC, which has always been something of a clusterfluff below clearly-better Miss. St.

If parity simply means "UConn isn't the runaway favorite," then I'm not sure the term is all that meaningful; in my mind, as in most seasons, there's about 4-6 teams with a credible shot at the title, and they're all 1 or 2 seeds playing for a championship over the next 36 hours... And isn't that basically most seasons but for a few of the peak Stewwie and Maya years?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
@Plebe

Misprint.

UCF (2) vs. Cincinnati (3) (ESPN2 8pm)

UCF (2) vs. Cincinnati (3) (6:30 ESPNU)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Settled in at the coliseum for my 10th and final game of the week. Hope it's a great game... I predict the crowd will slightly favor Louisville again this year. On a unrelated note.. They were handing out Bojangles (kinda like Popeye's) gift cards to the first 1000 fans in the arena. They could be worth anywhere from 1 to 100 dollars.. Glad to say I snagged one, let's just say if it ends up being worth 100 dollars.. U probably won't see me post for about a week :D

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Settled in at the coliseum for my 10th and final game of the week. Hope it's a great game... I predict the crowd will slightly favor Louisville again this year. On a unrelated note.. They were handing out Bojangles (kinda like Popeye's) gift cards to the first 1000 fans in the arena. They could be worth anywhere from 1 to 100 dollars.. Glad to say I snagged one, let's just say if it ends up being worth 100 dollars.. U probably won't see me post for about a week :D

Bo has some GOOD chicken. We've had some open and close in Mississippi. Not sure why they seem to struggle here.

Course, fried food is not difficult to find in this state.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dee Katner is in the building. Not sure what that means in terms of officiating. Mr Mabrey is back again.. Along with the youngest of the Mabrey sister. I spot a Maryland fan... Guess he got lost on the way to Indianapolis :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bo has some GOOD chicken. We've had some open and close in Mississippi. Not sure why they seem to struggle here.

Course, fried food is not difficult to find in this state.

I'll be heading there right after the post game award ceremony and net cutting. 3 piece. Dirty rice.. A biscuit.. And of course.. Sweet tea

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Darn. Just when coach muffet walked out by the. Louisville bench to shake hands.. Somebody stood up and blocked my view. I'm not sure if Walz stood up or not. He was sitting down

Reaction Score
Not sure who I want to win, just hope it is competitive!

Reaction Score
Thanks for this, Plebe. Interesting that for all the talk of parity this season, all the major conference tournaments are looking likely to end up as 1 vs. 2 finals but for the SEC, which has always been something of a clusterfluff below clearly-better Miss. St.

If parity simply means "UConn isn't the runaway favorite," then I'm not sure the term is all that meaningful; in my mind, as in most seasons, there's about 4-6 teams with a credible shot at the title, and they're all 1 or 2 seeds playing for a championship over the next 36 hours... And isn't that basically most seasons but for a few of the peak Stewwie and Maya years?
You make a good point. However, it strikes me that during this season there have been more dramatic upsets than usual. Miami had a few. Washington ( an 11 seed ) just beat Oregon State to get to the Pac 12 finals. Arkansas over South Carolina, to me, was a shocker. Notre Dame lost a couple of games I never would have imagined. And, of course, UCONN proved beatable. At the national championship level, I would bet my money that you will be proven correct. But there will be some great games along the way. Of which there were very few in the past. My interest in many of these conference tournament games is much higher than in past seasons, which is a sign ( to me ) that the games are more competitive than ever, and that the outcome is not assured.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Soccer is delaying the start of the ND/ Louisville game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It's Bo time!!!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Louisville really missing Arica Carter, especially on defense. Notre Dame's offense is just humming.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am okay with ND winning as long as Arike and Mabrey have sub par games. :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Fuehring takes an awkward step on a rebound and collapses in a heap and then is helped off the floor. Possibly a knee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville really missing Arica Carter, especially on defense. Notre Dame's offense is just humming.

Did they say what was wrong with her? And now #3 will be out for the rest of the game as well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Did they say what was wrong with her? And now #3 will be out for the rest of the game as well.
All I've heard them say is "out with an injury."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fuehring takes an awkward step on a rebound and collapses in a heap and then is helped off the floor. Possibly a knee.

OMG. :mad:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I think they said leg injury for Carter. Didn't sound serious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom