Stone retweeting a lot about Wisconsin | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stone retweeting a lot about Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OTE="intlzncster, post: 1088068, member: 56"]Actually that's funny[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he didn't tweet this one.

BWPGe.jpeg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One and done players aren't all 'one thing'. This like some sheltered white person asking a black guy for advice on 'what black people think about so and so'.

Believe it or not, some one and doners actually like to work hard and grind it out (ie take the stairs). Others are headcases. Stone sounds like the former and hopefully he picks UCONN for that reason.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Duke has had three one-and-dones since the 2010-11 season and during that time the Blue Devils are 2-3 in the NCAA Tournament with those players

No need for the teenage reply--I think there is some reasonable validity to what I said.

Those one and done players were largely the reason Duke was decent during those years. It was the other players that were the problem.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Maybe not directly, but he certainly was the fuse to the AO Tnt. And that is the risk of a 1 and done. You open the door for a guy who has been waiting his turn to drop down in the hierarchy to a freshman. It can splinter a team.

Yes, but UCONN doesn't want guys who feel this way. I know you can't always help it at times, but they're trying to build a program devoid of these guys (see Omar last year).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You do want to get the best players that fit your system. I'm sure KO is on that. But in our rather successful history, our championships and our other great seasons have ALL been built on players who have stayed 3 and 4 years. Kentucky has a model where they end up getting 6-7 of these guys at a time and usually have 2-3 top notch guys who do stay. I do not see us like that--nor would I want our program to turn into that. I like what weve had over the years. You get to watch the players and teams grow and develop. I can see using a player to augment a year is fine--if that is what we are doing here--thats cool. But I would not want us to change our system and getting guys like Bridah Napier Boatright etc and winning big... is so awesome. It's really what has made Uconn a unique team for the ages.

Again, all one and done guys are not the same. There's no all encompassing statement or directive that requires their inclusion be an automatic detriment to a team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
OTE="intlzncster, post: 1088068, member: 56"]Actually that's funny

I'm glad he didn't tweet this one.

View attachment 7111 [/QUOTE]

Why, you don't want players begging to coming to UCONN? Never underestimate the power of randy coeds to sway a young man's decision. Schools in the south don't have 'hostesses' for nothing.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Again, all one and done guys are not the same. There's no all encompassing statement or directive that requires their inclusion be an automatic detriment to a team.
Yes and no Izzy. What all 1 and done's have in common, universally, is that you don't know exactly how they will gel no matter who they are and their mindset. To some degree you don't know know this for all players and teams, but it strikes me as easier to develop a chemistry from your core over the course of 2-3 years evaluate where your strengths and weakness are, and then go get role players to mask your deficiencies. I don't think its coincidence that outside of the 2011 anomaly (praise the gods for it) UConn's final four runs have been on 5 year cycles.

I don't think we'll ever be UK line changing 7-10 5 stars and I'm glad for that. Given that we wont be, I think you have to be very careful how you blend these guys in. Otherwise you run the risk of your pieces not ripening at the same time.

Reaction Score
Don't think anyone answered your post. Those are tweets from anyone (not necessarily followers) TO Diamond Stone re anything. The tweets won't show up on his feed, unless he 'retweets' them. Which basically means he forwards them to himself (sometimes with commentary) and they appear on his feed. When people do this, everyone thinks the person agrees wholeheartedly with what was said, which is usually the case. However, people retweet idiotic statements too, just to laugh at them. In this case, Diamond seems to retweet everything, so his retweeting of Wisconsin supporters doesn't necessarily mean anything. That was long winded.
Thanks for explaining that. It seems that not much is learned from following Twitter so why bother following this crap.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Don't think anyone answered your post. Those are tweets from anyone (not necessarily followers) TO Diamond Stone re anything. The tweets won't show up on his feed, unless he 'retweets' them. Which basically means he forwards them to himself (sometimes with commentary) and they appear on his feed. When people do this, everyone thinks the person agrees wholeheartedly with what was said, which is usually the case. However, people retweet idiotic statements too, just to laugh at them. In this case, Diamond seems to retweet everything, so his retweeting of Wisconsin supporters doesn't necessarily mean anything. That was long winded.
Consider yourself retweeted BY style!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thanks for explaining that. It seems that not much is learned from following Twitter so why bother following this crap.

As far as I can determine:

1. Useful news feed if you set it up right. More useful than rss.
2. Watch celebrities make arses of themselves and the occasional trainwreck.
3. Following comedians for humor
4. Chick's who like to post scandalous pictures of themselves.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
it is a man up violation
Having a consistent stream of one and done guys is incredible for program marketing and notoriety. The more big stars we send to the NBA, the more we'll recruit. The other key element in having more nationally watched players is that we increase our fan base in other states. Kids love the big time names and that is great for UConn. More merchandise sales and more value in media deals. I'll take every 5 star I can get for that alone.

This is heresy ...... blasphemy. While I think Stone would be great because he is the right kind of player - attitude and character wise, I am not hoping he's one-and-done. Drop the inferiority complex people. One and dones are not desirable. I personally like watching players for at least three years. I am not into rent-a-boy to watch him become a man in the NBA. I like watching players like Adrien, Price, Kemba, Shabazz mature and develope. I am not a Uconn fan to see it build a brand or gain notoriety or snatch big recruits. JC was a blue collar coach and our boys consistently out work, out hustle, out defend, and win more then the rest of college basketball.

It's not who we put on the floor, how they were ranked out of high school, or what they accomplish in the NBA that truly matters. It's what the players accomplish, how they grow and, and how they represent the university. High school star ratings and draft numbers are for other schools. We measure success in national championships.

Reaction Score
One and done's are desirable. Why the hell not? If it fits we'll take the player every time. I see no problem with this and its a win win.

Reaction Score
This is heresy . blasphemy. While I think Stone would be great because he is the right kind of player - attitude and character wise, I am not hoping he's one-and-done. Drop the inferiority complex people. One and dones are not desirable. I personally like watching players for at least three years. I am not into rent-a-boy to watch him become a man in the NBA. I like watching players like Adrien, Price, Kemba, Shabazz mature and develope. I am not a Uconn fan to see it build a brand or gain notoriety or snatch big recruits. JC was a blue collar coach and our boys consistently out work, out hustle, out defend, and win more then the rest of college basketball.

It's not who we put on the floor, how they were ranked out of high school, or what they accomplish in the NBA that truly matters. It's what the players accomplish, how they grow and, and how they represent the university. High school star ratings and draft numbers are for other schools. We measure success in national championships.

I agree they're not desirable as a fan of the program. But when you have a chance on getting one and he fits the criteria of the program you say "YES" as fast as possible. If Diamond is 1year or 2 years and he wants to be a Husky we open those arms and say "welcome aboard the NC train".

Reaction Score
Ugh....JC went after the top recruits like everyone else. He was just very good at picking out the best of the rest when he didn't get them. We've done great but let's not delude ourselves. The only reason we never racked up on McDAAs is because they chose to go somewhere else. No UCONN team was made up of top targets. They were a mish mash of plan a, b, c and sometimes y. I don't see that ever changing. I want the best because I believe our tradition and system can hold up. KO will never let a freshman ruin the team dynamic. It's about family. Any recruit thinking about being a Husky will know that. Maybe this is blasphemy but give me Stone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
this thread has become a dumpster fire
I disagree with you. It has not become a dumpster fire. It started out as a dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom