Still No Show of Support for HCBD? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Still No Show of Support for HCBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never mind Benedict not talking to the media. Is an email to the season ticket holders/customers/patrons/people paying the freight too much to ask?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My thought is that Benedict hasn't made a public statement of support because it's more destabilizing than it is reassuring. They want to make the impression that no public assertion of support is necessary. When those things become necessary, a fired coach always follows suit.

Reaction Score
Not sure if true but I think I saw that we've offered 7 OL and every one of them picked a different school? That one chose Georgia Southern over us? A LOT of alarm bells even before other schools start using our uncertainty against us...

@CTMike -- I have offered 10. Seven choose to go to Cincy (3* from Ohio), Pitt (3* from NJ) , Michigan (3* from CT), Rutgers (3* from Sweden to Idaho through Cheshire Academy), Oregon State (3* from Ill) , Northwestern (3* from NY), Syracuse (3* from MD), South Florida (2* from FL), and Georgia Southern (2* Rutgers Decommit from PA doing PG yr @ Salisbury). Three are still undecided -- Isaiah Wilson is a 5* unlikely to see Storrs, 2* from DC and the other is a not rated kid from MD.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="businesslawyer, post: 1929949, member: 55"....

At this point, unless our entire University is incompetent (and I don't think it is), it is not plausible that they just "haven't gotten around to it yet."..

[/QUOTE]
You over-estimate their competency..

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="businesslawyer, post: 1929949, member: 55"....

At this point, unless our entire University is incompetent (and I don't think it is), it is not plausible that they just "haven't gotten around to it yet."..
You over-estimate their competency..[/QUOTE]

I hate posts like this. Exactly how many schools in the Northeast have even been competitive with us for the number of championships we've won over the past 20 years?

Yes, all the good happens by sheer luck and all the bad means someone screwed up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You over-estimate their competency..

I hate posts like this. Exactly how many schools in the Northeast have even been competitive with us for the number of championships we've won over the past 20 years?

Yes, all the good happens by sheer luck and all the bad means someone screwed up.[/QUOTE]

Two all world hires: Geno and JC
One very good hire: Edsall

How many of the people that were involved in Edsall, let alone, Geno and JC are even in a position to make decisions?

Let's not forget for instensive purposes JC hired KO too.

Reaction Score
I'm so sorry to offend your righteous sensibilities. My opinion holds.

Reaction Score

This is absurd. Recruiting rankings are based on quality and quantity of recruits. The only reason those schools are ranked higher right now is they have more commits. The average rating of the UConn commits is much higher than all of those schools and I will guarantee when the classes are signed, UConn will be rated higher than the schools listed.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Palatine is right. This is on Benedict. No buzz, no hope, just fading into oblivion.
And no renewal of tickets. They can all GFT

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Yes, all the good happens by sheer luck and all the bad means someone screwed up.

Two all world hires: Geno and JC
One very good hire: Edsall

How many of the people that were involved in Edsall, let alone, Geno and JC are even in a position to make decisions?

Let's not forget for instensive purposes JC hired KO too.[/QUOTE]

UConn had no idea that Geno would have the success that he has had - JC, yes they knew he had some credentials - RE - same as JC

Reaction Score
Does soccer and field hockey count towards championship caliber athletic department?

Reaction Score
This is what it feels like to be Rutgers!!!!

Make a statement, take some action, and fix the freakin' problem.

Anything else is accepting less than mediocrity. Not common in Uconn athletics.
I don't think this is what Rutgers feels like. Rutgers is and will be rolling in dough. It doesn't matter if they ever win a game in any sport as they have hit the jackpot. This repeated attempted denigration of Rutgers actually only denigrates UConn even more. Rutgers is in the Big Ten, P5. UConn is not and will likely never be for many, many years, if ever. Please stop with the Rutgers stuff. I am a UConn alumnus. I am not a Rutgers fan. I don't like them. But this repeated Rutgers stuff is just annoying. Furthermore, aside for women's sports, men's sports have been mediocre at best over the last couple of years. ( I know some are going to jump and say "we won the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2014"), but the actual record in conference play for a few years has been indeed mediocre, at best.

Reaction Score
Does soccer and field hockey count towards championship caliber athletic department?

Actually it does. And I've said this many times. Put Geno in charge of the program, Calhoun, even Nancy Stevens our FH Coach and they will figure out a way to win. They are WINNERS as Head Coaches at the FBS level against the best coaches in their sport. They know how to run a program. We have found guys who know how to talk a good game and run the program into the ground.

JMU is up 49-0 and they have a decent Coach.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I recall some previous posts about tracking the UConn private jet used by staff.

Anyone recall the Tail Code?

Reaction Score
At this point I have no faith in the UConn administration. Here are the scenarios I see:

Best case - They are waiting til 1/1 to fire Diaco. At this point it's the best we can hope for. It's still a small time move that will hurt us in the short term with recruiting and hiring a new coach.

Worst case - They are remaining silent and will go into 2017 with Diaco as coach. It would be the most asinine thing to do with absolutely zero benefits and will likely kill the program.

I know where my money is.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
At this point I have no faith in the UConn administration. Here are the scenarios I see:

Best case - They are waiting til 1/1 to fire Diaco. At this point it's the best we can hope for. It's still a small time move that will hurt us in the short term with recruiting and hiring a new coach.

Worst case - They are remaining silent and will go into 2017 with Diaco as coach. It would be the most asinine thing to do with absolutely zero benefits and will likely kill the program.

I know where my money is.

The latter?
That happens, I know where my money is, and will be staying.
My pocket

Reaction Score
I don't think this is what Rutgers feels like. Rutgers is and will be rolling in dough. It doesn't matter if they ever win a game in any sport as they have hit the jackpot. This repeated attempted denigration of Rutgers actually only denigrates UConn even more. Rutgers is in the Big Ten, P5. UConn is not and will likely never be for many, many years, if ever. Please stop with the Rutgers stuff. I am a UConn alumnus. I am not a Rutgers fan. I don't like them. But this repeated Rutgers stuff is just annoying. Furthermore, aside for women's sports, men's sports have been mediocre at best over the last couple of years. ( I know some are going to jump and say "we won the NCAA men's basketball championship in 2014"), but the actual record in conference play for a few years has been indeed mediocre, at best.
Difference between Rutgers and UCONN is Rutgers fan base expects them to be terrible and accepts it as except for bright patch here and there been down for long time in most sports, where we have had great success across many sports and had steadily improved in football under Edsall and after a down period we actually had looked to be heading up again going into this season. However the way the off season if being handled does have Rutgers like dysfunctional feel to it.

Reaction Score
Ru Buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99