Still No Show of Support for HCBD? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Still No Show of Support for HCBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They inherited Nebrich, but ran him off and he proved to be very good at Fordham. Huge mistake.
Always thought he had great potential but all they used him for was the wildcat and they never let him get comfortable and pass. And the center at the time was dating the other QB's sister, right? I remember several bad snaps when Nebrich was in.

Reaction Score
I'll throw the first name out there. This guy will want the HC job. Check out the Wikipedia page on Darrin Chiaverini, co-OC at Colorado.

Hiring an HC 101. If your last guy was a young assistant that had no real HC experience you go hire the opposite. A proven HC that can come in as a CEO and bring in a strong staff.

My prediction is a proven HC with Northeast ties.

Reaction Score
If we could have moved quicker a guy like Rocco from Richmond would have been on my short list. He just signed on at Delaware.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Always thought he had great potential but all they used him for was the wildcat and they never let him get comfortable and pass. And the center at the time was dating the other QB's sister, right? I remember several bad snaps when Nebrich was in.

I thought he was small and would be limited as a runner and passer at this level.

We need a cure for the backupitis love syndrome around here.

We haven't had a good QB here in 12 years. If any of these guys were so good they'd be the ones playing.

We've been stuck with inconsistent to bad QB's. Does the actual choice matter than much more than dumb luck on any given Saturday?

The day a backup comes in and is lightyears better than the guy he replaces, then you can cry about how dumb the coach was.

Right now, the crying should he about how none of our coaches can't go to OH, PA, FL, or TX and convince a decent one to come here and stay here.

Right now we are on the train of since no other school wants you to play QB but we'll give you a chance, and we are coming up empty. Maybe we should try something else.

Find out who Delaware likes and see if that kid wants to play at a higher level.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we could have moved quicker a guy like Rocco from Richmond would have been on my short list. He just signed on at Delaware.

I swear I didn't see this before I posted. Lol.

Reaction Score
It is now December 15. I think at this point, the lack of a statement of (false) support says it all. Either he will be fired in January, or Benedict has until then to raise a certain amount of money and whether he is fired or not will depend on how much Benedict raises.

It is beyond my comprehension that we wouldn't have clearly stated he gets another year by now if in fact he was getting another year.

I think it's time to reconsider your original premise that this administration is not completely and utterly incompetent.

C

Chief00

It is now December 15. I think at this point, the lack of a statement of (false) support says it all. Either he will be fired in January, or Benedict has until then to raise a certain amount of money and whether he is fired or not will depend on how much Benedict raises.

It is beyond my comprehension that we wouldn't have clearly stated he gets another year by now if in fact he was getting another year.
Very good insights.

Reaction Score
Too bad the question was answered when the OC job posting came out yesterday.

I understand your theory. I don't think it is the only plausible interpretation of what the job posting means. We'll know soon enough.

Reaction Score
I understand your theory. I don't think it is the only plausible interpretation of what the job posting means. We'll know soon enough.
BL I wasn't responding to you as much as to the other guy who constantly bombards this board with BS rumors. Like I said in another post he is The Boneyard version of The Dude and MH3. I also can't see a OC being hired then pushed on the next head coach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I agree. I don't necessarily think just because the posting is out, the possibility of cleaning house on 1/2 is over. Until there is an OC or we get to 1/3 and Diaco is still here will I believe we are past this issue.

Reaction Score
BL I wasn't responding to you as much as to the other guy who constantly bombards this board with BS rumors. Like I said in another post he is The Boneyard version of The Dude and MH3. I also can't see a OC being hired then pushed on the next head coach.

No, of course the school isn't going to let HCBD hire anyone unless and until they are sure he is going to be allowed to come back for 2017. I just think the posting was generic enough that it could also allow the new guy to make a hire almost immediately after coming in.

Reaction Score
I just think the posting was generic enough that it could also allow the new guy to make a hire almost immediately after coming in.

... or just maybe the "new guy" wrote it:
upload_2016-12-20_16-50-52.jpeg

Reaction Score
No, of course the school isn't going to let HCBD hire anyone unless and until they are sure he is going to be allowed to come back for 2017. I just think the posting was generic enough that it could also allow the new guy to make a hire almost immediately after coming in.
I'm gonna agree to disagree with you here BL but I can definitely see your point.

C

Chief00

No tin foil hat necessary. If they know they are firing HCBD on 1/2, and they know the replacement, they may have described the OC the replacement is bringing with him. But I tend to doubt that.
You can't fire me, I have an open job posting for an assistant coach or coordinator. Don't think that's a factor.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You can't fire me, I have an open job posting for an assistant coach or coordinator. Don't think that's a factor.
I have no idea where in the world that would ever matter. Under this approach virtually no executives of any orgs could ever be fired because they have active positions open.

C

Chief00

If UConn can get Moorehead - I think it will happen. The money will be there if he is available. People forget the new AD started the season with a very aggressive new marketing campaign in place - the unexplainable coaching and unwatchable offense blew that up. Benedict can not achieve his on and off the field goals with Diaco as coach.

C

Chief00

I have no idea where in the world that would ever matter. Under this approach virtually no executives of any orgs could ever be fired because they have active positions open.
You know I am being sarcastic about the posts saying there won't be a HC change due to a Assistant job posting.

Reaction Score
Then why isn't every position posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak