Still No Show of Support for HCBD? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Still No Show of Support for HCBD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn can get Moorehead - I think it will happen. The money will be there if he is available. People forget the new AD started the season with a very aggressive new marketing campaign in place - the unexplainable coaching and unwatchable offense blew that up. Benedict can not achieve his on and off the field goals with Diaco as coach.
You know this how...one of your inside sources told you? Newsflash...people don't forget...why do you think we are all on here wishing he would just go away. Here is an idea...go ask your buddy Larry McHugh when Benedict is gonna fire Diaco. I'm gonna bet he will tell you what he has told other people..there isn't any $$ to fire him. As for Joe Moorehead...I have talked to someone who is a mutual friend...he told me that Joe's goal when he went to PSU was to get a P-5 job. He thinks he will end up with a ACC or a low B1G job next year and that he isn't coming back here. If you phrased your stuff as your theories or ideas maybe you wouldn't have so much backlash on here...BUT instead you come on here with "insider information" that is blatantly false.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

You know this how...one of your inside sources told you? Newsflash...people don't forget...why do you think we are all on here wishing he would just go away. Here is an idea...go ask your buddy Larry McHugh when Benedict is gonna fire Diaco. I'm gonna bet he will tell you what he has told other people..there isn't any $$ to fire him. As for Joe Moorehead...I have talked to someone who is a mutual friend...he told me that Joe's goal when he went to PSU was to get a P-5 job. He thinks he will end up with a ACC or a low B1G job next year and that he isn't coming back here. If you phrased your stuff as your theories or ideas maybe you wouldn't have so much backlash on here...BUT instead you come on here with "insider information" that is blatantly false.
I think there is some truth to Moorhead's goals - but you don't always take as direct a route to your goals as you would ideally like to take. I have never presented myself as an insider or outsider - Quite frankly, I think those distinctions are laughable. You seem to see everything in black and white - my experience my friend is that life is more shades. What you plan is not always what happens. And you may be a quote insider or some stuff but not other. And one thing you don't do is name the guy who told you as you requested I do.

I had the ultimate insider source that the NCAA was out to get UConn MBB - when the conventional wisdom was that they would get a slap on the wrist - that's hard to believe today but that was the sentiment.
I also had a different but excellent source on the Big 12 expansion - he wasn't wrong - it was a serious expansion effort that at one time had support - that took on a crazy life of its own that no one knew what was coming next at the end. Things can change.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Chief, you sure are putting it all on Moorhead, gotta hand it to ya. You may go down in flames, and FDNY will fan it. He would be an upgrade.
Regardless, 12 days.

Year 4 for Bob = bye bye season tix Benny.

Reaction Score
I think there is some truth to Moorhead's goals - but you don't always take as direct a route to your goals as you would ideally like to take. I have never presented myself as an insider or outsider - Quite frankly, I think those distinctions are laughable. You seem to see everything in black and white - my experience my friend is that life is more shades. What you plan is not always what happens. And you may be a quote insider or some stuff but not other. And one thing you don't do is name the guy who told you as you requested I do.

I had the ultimate insider source that the NCAA was out to get UConn MBB - when the conventional wisdom was that they would get a slap on the wrist - that's hard to believe today but that was the sentiment.
I also had a different but excellent source on the Big 12 expansion - he wasn't wrong - it was a serious expansion effort that at one time had support - that took on a crazy life of its own that no one knew what was coming next at the end. Things can change.
My friend isn't on this board and he has no ties to UConn athletics either...so sorry I'm not gonna name him. As for a direct route to goals...Joe took the job at PSU to put himself in the position to get a P-5 job. He has the body of work at Fordham to show he can be a head coach and run his own program. I heard the same things about UConn men's hoops...around the same time McHugh flat out told Hathaway he was done if they had a lack of institutional control levied against him. As far as presenting yourself as a insider..you most certainly have..you flouted your relationships with basketball players and coaches left and right. You made no bones about it actually. You and I will continue to agree to disagree on most things I guess. I will leave you with this...I find that I am not the only one on here that responds to you in this way so it must not be just me.

Reaction Score
Chief, you sure are putting it all on Moorhead, gotta hand it to ya. You may go down in flames, and FDNY will fan it. He would be an upgrade.
Regardless, 12 days.

Nope...not in the least...

C

Chief00

My friend isn't on this board and he has no ties to UConn athletics either...so sorry I'm not gonna name him. As for a direct route to goals...Joe took the job at PSU to put himself in the position to get a P-5 job. He has the body of work at Fordham to show he can be a head coach and run his own program. I heard the same things about UConn men's hoops...around the same time McHugh flat out told Hathaway he was done if they had a lack of institutional control levied against him. As far as presenting yourself as a insider..you most certainly have..you flouted your relationships with basketball players and coaches left and right. You made no bones about it actually. You and I will continue to agree to disagree on most things I guess. I will leave you with this...I find that I am not the only one on here that responds to you in this way so it must not be just me.

LOL - I don't think Calhoun ever even considered himself an insider, although he fit your definition.

Reaction Score
I don't know Larry McHugh, nor his history. I think he ought to be gone. 2 crap hires as UConn FB coach and he's not the Profile of a Major University Chairman of the Board.

As for Joe Moorehead? We just watched Fleck and Kiffin and others get promoted Bigtime and not get near a P5 position. And we saw AAC HCs are highly desired. Moorhead should be open to working on Calhoun Way.

Reaction Score
I don't know Larry McHugh, nor his history. I think he ought to be gone. 2 crap hires as UConn FB coach and he's not the Profile of a Major University Chairman of the Board.

As for Joe Moorehead? We just watched Fleck and Kiffin and others get promoted Bigtime and not get near a P5 position. And we saw AAC HCs are highly desired. Moorhead should be open to working on Calhoun Way.
Good post re: McHugh
Unfortunately I think Moorehead see's Narduzzi at Pitt and probably thinks he can get that type of job if he stays at PSU one more year. Who knows....

C

Chief00

Regardless, 12 days.

Approximately 1/3 - the more I think about it he would want to avoid a Randy leaving PHX right after a bowl game situation. He will be in Pasadena - game won't be over to later in day East Coast time. He should travel home with the team.

Reaction Score
I believed early in the season that a significant regression would mean the Diaco regime would come to an end. By any standard the program regressed dramatically. But you don't drag out firing a coach. You just do it. And if your coach is coming back I don't think you even bother with any announcement. So I am pretty confident that Diaco will be the coach come kickoff next season.

Internally you can make it known that a. Changes must be made; and b. Progress is required for 2017, but I'm not certain you make that public since it can have consequences in recruiting and hiring.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Biz: combine your a and b with BlueDog's post to this thread earlier.
(c) they literally don't give 2 shiites about the fan base and think they can just walk all over it

Benedict legacy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak