2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

• The long 2s make me want to vomit.
  • Blow out win.
  • He needs to learn to dribble harder and faster for the D1 level. A little loose right now, but it's better than the vast majority of 6'6 guys.
  • I count 15 points and 2 assists in this one. 3 blocks as well (one I forgot to get the video of)

For 2

Rebound, 2 dribble, hit ahead assist

3 ball

End to end 2. Mid-range J

Hit ahead assist

Block

Another block

Drive for 2

Offensive board and 2

for 2

Post feed assist

Transition 2

Broken play for 2

This is an example of what I worry about his finishing... There's no creativity here, not a lot of bounce off of two feet. That isn't D1 ready.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Stephon is a 1/2. Griffiths is a 2/3.

In this class, I think we end up with a:

1/2 (Castle, Lemond, Fears)

2/3 (Griffiths, Edwards)

3/4 (Bowen, Buzelis)

Big (Miranda, Bradshaw)
Would also wonder if, because of the nature of being able to play wings together, if they wouldn’t be interested in having both Edwards and Griffiths ( obviously would be a great problem to have).

Regardless, these guys are all pieces for a top notch squad. Gotta love who we seem to be in the mix for in 23.

Reaction Score
Would also wonder if, because of the nature of being able to play wings together, if they wouldn’t be interested in having both Edwards and Griffiths ( obviously would be a great problem to have).

Regardless, these guys are all pieces for a top notch squad. Gotta love who we seem to be in the mix for in 23.
Picture a class of Castle, Edwards, Bowen, Miranda….

Reaction Score
- I count 11 points and 2 assists here. Plus however many out of 4 FTs he made

Mid-range J for 2

Mid-range J for 2
Newton (GA) vs Houston (TN). Is that Former NBA Hooper Mike Miller coaching Houston?

I like him attacking with aggression here. Haven't seen it much elsewhere. Misses but gets to the line... but a good shot. Not sure if he made the FTs or not
Newton (GA) vs Houston (TN). Is that Former NBA Hooper Mike Miller coaching Houston?

Another solid drawn foul here. He's a better player when aggressive at the rim.

Offensive board, and hit ahead assist

Rebound and assist to the cutter

Pull up 3 to beat the halftime buzzer. Looks smooth. I like this way better than the mid-range shots.

For 2: Mid-range pull up.

For 2: Mid-range pull up again

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s pointing straight at me. Has to be a good sign for UConn.
Follow his index finger straight up and it aligns with the Husky logo. A sign? You be the judge.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley right now…
i got this fox GIF by MasterChef Junior
CL82 right now…
200.gif

Reaction Score
I'm not an insider, but based on Twitter, etc, am I delusional think think that there's a heavy UConn lean w/ Castle? I see a perfect fit.
As a total outsider, it does feel that way. But, we all read the narratives the way we want to read them.

Family and all that it encompasses seem to really matter to the Castles. Kamani is extended family and NY is an extended family hub. Family is also core to the brand. The grandmother touch was powerful and perfect.

Deeply trusting the coach and his authenticity appears vital as well. DH seemed to nail that according to Twitter & IG posts from the family.

Relationships (an extension of "family") appear to matter to the father (who played AAU with Kamani). Relationship to the coach appears to matter to the mom (according to her tweets) and Stephon -- as it should with any kid.

IF (if if, if) we were to convince him that UConn is the right place to make home, what a perfect way to extend the UConn, DH, KY reach and brand to the Southeast. Get him to the Association and it becomes a monumental element to the UConn brand.

Except for the GA schools, all the other schools are a plane ride away, so no major disadvantage. If being close to home matters, Auburn and UConn are equals.

NIL opportunities should be equal, but I don't know. Our experiences with Paige should help dramatically?

We know what Grandma probably wants . Mom and Dad are at minimally very, very comfortable with the things that matter to them.

But the whims of a 17-year-old are so hard to fully understand, and there is so much we don't know on the inside. Still, I feel oddly good about this situation. (And for the record, my guts are more often wrong).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Imagine the backcourt playmaking of junior/senior sool and frosh/soph castle together on the court

Reaction Score
I don't think so. Stephon is a 1/2. Griffiths is a 2/3.

In this class, I think we end up with a:

1/2 (Castle, Lemond, Fears)

2/3 (Griffiths, Edwards)

3/4 (Bowen, Buzelis)

Big (Miranda, Bradshaw)
429 -- Do Reid Ducharme and Castle overlap in skillsets?

Reaction Score
Great effort…it is appreciated

Anddd another one. I have nothing to do at work today, so this is what I'm doing lol

• I don't think he knows how to jump off of one foot on the break... kind of problematic. No reason you can't go off one foot if you have a steal and are getting ahead of the opponent.
  • Definitely not his best game. Might have had some foul trouble? But just didn't look so involved.

Steal and a runout for 2
#21 Newton (7-5) vs #2 Grayson (13-3) |1.8.21| 7A Mens Georgia Basketball Highlights

Block
#21 Newton (7-5) vs #2 Grayson (13-3) |1.8.21| 7A Mens Georgia Basketball Highlights

Foul assist. super accurate pass... impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom