2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You'd think if it's us he won't actually wait until Thanksgiving. Hoping that's just a misdirection.

Reaction Score
I’m stating the obvious, but this staff is very good at recruiting. There’s no ego involved, no one cares who gets the credit- they just focus on their targets and put forth tremendous effort.

Wherever Hurley’s been, they have had a few set priorities with these visits. They lay out the role they see for the player and have the kid see a practice, which are pretty standard. They are great at communicating with parents. Their practices are good- entertaining, focused, intense.

They also want the recruit to spend time with his potential future teammates away from the coaches. They want the current players to talk honestly about what it’s like playing for these coaches and in this program. Some coaches micro-manage this stuff; these coaches trust their guys and want them to be honest.

Let’s see how this goes…

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Off-topic but I saw the trophy on the right and thought to myself "When did Auburn win a national championship??"

If you zoom in, it's their trophy for winning the Midwest Region and making it to the Final Four, LOL that's cute;)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Off-topic but I saw the trophy on the right and thought to myself "When did Auburn win a national championship??"

If you zoom in, it's their trophy for winning the Midwest Region and making it to the Final Four, LOL that's cute;)

Damn, rough time to make a post with him in an Auburn jersey. Heart dropped there for a second

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
His dad also tweeted a praying Emoji in regards to him playing here. Safe to say they sold the parents...
The Princess Bride Storm Area 51 GIF by filmeditor

Reaction Score
I’m stating the obvious, but this staff is very good at recruiting. There’s no ego involved, no one cares who gets the credit- they just focus on their targets and put forth tremendous effort.

Wherever Hurley’s been, they have had a few set priorities with these visits. They lay out the role they see for the player and have the kid see a practice, which are pretty standard. They are great at communicating with parents. Their practices are good- entertaining, focused, intense.

They also want the recruit to spend time with his potential future teammates away from the coaches. They want the current players to talk honestly about what it’s like playing for these coaches and in this program. Some coaches micro-manage this stuff; these coaches trust their guys and want them to be honest.

Let’s see how this goes…
Can confirm recruits spend a ton of time with a few current players during their visits. I was still at Uconn when Andre had his visit and we saw him out at night with some of the team, that’s when I knew we were recruiting right.

Reaction Score
Another video...

• He hits ahead really well from what I've seen. We could use that skill to elevate the speed of our play.
  • Ended up sitting a bunch of this game because they had a huge lead
  • I really like his unselfishness. In a blowout he wasn't just abusing worse players--he fed his teammates for easy looks all game.
  • After the last couple videos I'm realizing he really is more of a 6'6 point guard than a combo in a lot of ways. We could be rolling out a lineup of 6'6-6'7-6'8-6'10-7'2 by the time he gets here potentially... that's crazy. Bigger than most NBA teams.
  • A little less athletic than the AAU videos might suggest. He doesn't get up like Rese, Andre, or Hawkins. Probably more of a Gaffney-level athlete. Good, not great.
  • Sat the whole 4th-quarter.
  • I count 6 points 7 assists in this one.

Misses the left, follows up with 2
Newton Rams taking care of . TJ Clark all in his . GHSA State Playoffs - 1st Round Action .

Hit ahead assist
Newton Rams taking care of . TJ Clark all in his . GHSA State Playoffs - 1st Round Action .

Another hit ahead assist

Not sure if this would count as an assist, but I am

Easy inbound assist

Post-post assist

Another hit ahead assist

Swing assist

Mid-range J. Another one of these that needs to be a 3. Bad habit.

1/2 from the line

For 2--almost a dunk.

Reaction Score
Another one... loss in the state elite-8

• I wish we had some full games. It's hard to get a read on his shooting ability.
  • His team lost this one because they were undisciplined. Other team looked really cohesive comparatively.
  • Video stopped at 3:28 left in the fourth so not sure the stats. Had 10 points 3 assists before then thuogh.

3 ball

Pull up mid-range

Pump fake and drive. Nice left hand finish.

Drive and kick assist

Catch n shoot 3

Hit ahead assist

Another assist

Reaction Score
Anddd another one. I have nothing to do at work today, so this is what I'm doing lol

• I don't think he knows how to jump off of one foot on the break... kind of problematic. No reason you can't go off one foot if you have a steal and are getting ahead of the opponent.
  • Definitely not his best game. Might have had some foul trouble? But just didn't look so involved.

Steal and a runout for 2
#21 Newton (7-5) vs #2 Grayson (13-3) |1.8.21| 7A Mens Georgia Basketball Highlights

Block
#21 Newton (7-5) vs #2 Grayson (13-3) |1.8.21| 7A Mens Georgia Basketball Highlights

Foul assist. super accurate pass... impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom