2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some deep 3s in here. Kids shooting has elevated this off-season big time. I certainly wouldn't mind getting a commitment from a 6'6 PG.

That's one smooth and deceptively strong dude. Seems like the staff did all they could to have him join the good guys.

Reaction Score
Who is the last recruit we Zeroed in on and didn’t close? Imma start calling Hurley Mariano. He doesn’t miss on a chance to close
Don't do this

End Of The World Oops GIF by The Gregory Brothers

Reaction Score
Who is the last recruit we Zeroed in on and didn’t close? Imma start calling Hurley Mariano. He doesn’t miss on a chance to close
Feel like it was Precious/Kofi..since then I’m not sure there are any

Reaction Score
Who was the last recruit UConn got that announced like this on a national media platform? Have we ever had one? Hoping to see him put on a UConn hat on Friday.

Reaction Score
Feel like it was Precious/Kofi..since then I’m not sure there are any
We really wanted JUCO Guard El Ellis, who committed to Louisville.

Of course, we all loved him but then said he wouldn't be the best fit after he didn't choose us ;)

Reaction Score
We really wanted JUCO Guard El Ellis, who committed to Louisville.

Of course, we all loved him but then said he wouldn't be the best fit after he didn't choose us ;)

Gaffney and Cole have both looked better anyways. I liked his game a lot, but there aren't many PG rotations better than those two. Especially not on a team with a beast like Sanogo down low.

Reaction Score
Anybody else think Castle will end up a 5 star?
If not a 5-star he will be pretty damn close. Rivals and 247 both have him in that 25-30ish range which is right on the borderline. I remember someone else pointed out that the only reason his composite is so low is because he isn’t in ESPNs rankings yet (or is lower on ESPN still, I can’t remember).

Reaction Score
Kimani swinging for the fences on SC. Red carpet treatment on the OV.

He'll be a 5 star by the time he steps on campus.

Reaction Score
If not a 5-star he will be pretty damn close. Rivals and 247 both have him in that 25-30ish range which is right on the borderline. I remember someone else pointed out that the only reason his composite is so low is because he isn’t in ESPNs rankings yet (or is lower on ESPN still, I can’t remember).

Not on ESPN at all. He's a 25-30ish ranked player.

Reaction Score
Anybody else think Castle will end up a 5 star?
Don't worry about stars. They're for fans of schools with no resume' or the infamous "casual" fans.

We have a resume' and it was built on players the coaches evaluated and believed would be better than their ratings, not just using scouting services that may have biases. JB is our most recent example and there's several on the team right now that just may elevate our coaching staff to be rated the best in the country.

Reaction Score
Good shape. Staff feel strong on this
How does this stuff normally work with recruiting - does the recruit usually tell the coaching staff they're committing ahead of time (or they're committing elsewhere) or do the coaches find out at the actual announcement?

Maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet, but if he had, would he already be telling different staffs that hes either coming or not?

Reaction Score
How does this stuff normally work with recruiting - does the recruit usually tell the coaching staff they're committing ahead of time (or they're committing elsewhere) or do the coaches find out at the actual announcement?

Maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet, but if he had, would he already be telling different staffs that hes either coming or not?
The staff knows ahead of time

Reaction Score

No set pattern...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel like this is moving fast. Thread opened on Nov. 4 and he's announcing on Friday. Normally we have these threads lingering for months.

Kid looks like a perfect Hurley UConn big guard. Has good skills, can play multiple positions, will probably turn into a good defender. I feel like Hurley would love to build a 1988-89 Illinois squad, but with a real 5.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And for that, us Sox fans are forever grateful. Thank you October 2004.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I feel like this is moving fast. Thread opened on Nov. 4 and he's announcing on Friday. Normally we have these threads lingering for months.

Kid looks like a perfect Hurley UConn big guard. Has good skills, can play multiple positions, will probably turn into a good defender. I feel like Hurley would love to build a 1988-89 Illinois squad, but with a real 5.

I think a lot of coaches would love to start a season with the players on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom