State Ethics Office Rules Corey Edsall Can Coach Only This Year At UConn; Ethics Laws Broken | Page 6 | The Boneyard

State Ethics Office Rules Corey Edsall Can Coach Only This Year At UConn; Ethics Laws Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
giphy-tumblr.gif

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UConn will appeal in court:

as they should. its been said numerous times, yes it wasn't handled the best way by the UConn administration but it really seems like the Ethics Office is trying to flex their muscles here by making this a bigger deal than it really is.

Reaction Score
as they should. its been said numerous times, yes it wasn't handled the best way by the UConn administration but it really seems like the Ethics Office is trying to flex their muscles here by making this a bigger deal than it really is.

The problem is they (OSE) have no authority to change/modify the applicable policy/law. Only State Legislature/CGA can. OSE is between a rock and hard place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The problem is they (OES) have no authority to change/modify the applicable policy/law. Only State Legislature/CGA can. OES is between a rock and hard place.
Disagree. The committee recommendation needed to make RE2 Corey's de facto supervisor and change the start date to the execution date to get finding that the situation violated CT ethics. UConn should prevail in court.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The problem is they (OES) have no authority to change/modify the applicable policy/law. Only State Legislature/CGA can. OES is between a rock and hard place.

If it's black/white then no need for a commission. You only need one person to administer the program. Give the administrator a few staff members, but one lawyer is all you need.

Reaction Score
If it's black/white then no need for a commission. You only need one person to administer the program. Give the administrator a few staff members, but one lawyer is all you need.

This is not the only thing OSE does...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is not the only thing OSE does...

What votes do they take on issues that aren't based on state law?

I said they can have staff to help with their other tasks.

I'm asking why they need to vote on legal opinion if it's black and white.

Reaction Score
When you've promoted a flawed narrative but it's still important to save face, dig in regardless of the consequences or the cost to taxpayers, the University and ultimately the reputations of everyone involved - including yourself.

They don't teach this in school yet you see it played out over and over.

Reaction Score
Disagree. The committee recommendation needed to make RE2 Corey's de facto supervisor and change the start date to the execution date to get finding that the situation violated CT ethics. UConn should prevail in court.

The problem is that we all know HCRE2 is Corey's real supervisor and so did the board. I'm sure they wouldn't accept, "so and so's son works in his department but is independently supervised by his boss" in any other case. I'm not familiar with the date issue, but I hope it's enough to distinguish the case because otherwise I think UConn is fighting an uphill battle. Alternatively, getting the legislature to pass a carefully crafted exemption would do the trick, but they have more important issues to deal with (or not deal with) right now. Corey seems to be doing a good job so I hope this is resolved, but I'm not optimistic.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If Randy's (or anyone's) start date is when the offer was accepted and not the real start date... then a whole lot of folks are owed back pay are they not?

Reaction Score
What votes do they take on issues that aren't based on state law?

I said they can have staff to help with their other tasks.

I'm asking why they need to vote on legal opinion if it's black and white.

Not sure where you are headed but the Citizen's EAB's formation is codified in State regulation as an oversite board. There are administrative regulations and legal regulations/statutes they deal with among all state agencies.

Reaction Score
The problem is they (OSE) have no authority to change/modify the applicable policy/law. Only State Legislature/CGA can. OSE is between a rock and hard place.
Medic. You seem deferential to this committee. What's up? They didn't adhere to anything. They made wild suppositions and questionable assumptions. They didn't adhere to anything

Reaction Score
Medic. You seem deferential to this committee. What's up? They didn't adhere to anything. They made wild suppositions and questionable assumptions. They didn't adhere to anything

I'm not differential to the committee... I have interacted w/ OSE previously and understand how they operate a bit - also my read of the AO (and I'm clearly not a lawyer but have dealt w/ both public sector and private sector issues of conflicts of interest and nepotism). My opinion holds no more weight than that.

I'm not convinced the "start date" argument of the equation wins out in the end but the supervisory piece of the argument is much clearer in my mind and is an issue that I'm not sure can be changed by the OSE CEAB). UConn interacts with these folks on a very regular basis - this should have been resolved before it got to where it is. Interested to see what comes of the Superior Court appeal. I'm clearly rooting for UConn but...

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The remaining (word choice) season ticket holders are ready to start cutting checks to recruits and this is where we are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom