Starting lineup for first game in November | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Starting lineup for first game in November

Reaction Score
Cole
Martin
Polley (assuming return)
Whaley
Sanogo

To assume the highest scorer that is returning will not be starting game 1 is absurd.

Agree on Cole but can't on the 2. I mean Bouk could handle, get to the rim and pass it and while I like Tyrese he can't be your 2nd best ball handler to start the game. We will need to sit and wait to see what happens. So many things can change - Gaff cold get better, Diggins could be the guy as could hawkins immediately. Transfer portal could light up.

Will be interesting nonetheless!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This could realistically be our rotation right? I'm pretty sure everyone up to 9 is guarenteed minutes to some extent. Also considering most teams don't normally go 10 deep, unless there's serious foul problems or injuries.

Cole(30)
Hawkins(25)
Jackson(30)
Whaley(25)
Sanogo(30)

6: Akok(25)
7/8: Martin/Polley(20)
9: Gaffney(15)

10: Diggins/Johnson/Springs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
Guard: Jordan Hawkins, Jalen Gaffney and RJ Cole
Forwards: Andre Jackson
Aggressive prediction. I think we see three starting lineups over the course of the season.

Early:
Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

Mid:
Cole
Gaffney
Hawkins
Whaley
Sanogo

Late:
Cole
Gaffney
Hawkins
Akok
Sanogo

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This could realistically be our rotation right? I'm pretty sure everyone up to 9 is guarenteed minutes to some extent. Also considering most teams don't normally go 10 deep, unless there's serious foul problems or injuries.

Cole(30)
Hawkins(25)
Jackson(30)
Whaley(25)
Sanogo(30)

6: Akok(25)
7/8: Martin/Polley(20)
9: Gaffney(15)

10: Diggins/Johnson/Springs
Jackson can’t play a total of 30 minutes in 2 games without collecting 10 fouls.

Reaction Score
First game in November I'd have to say:

Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

I think the only possible change barring injuries/etc would be Jackson in for Gaffney or Martin

Reaction Score
First game in November I'd have to say:

Cole
Gaffney
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

I think the only possible change barring injuries/etc would be Jackson in for Gaffney or Martin
This lineup and caveat are spot on in my opinion. Not only is it likely to be our best lineup on opening night, but, even if Hawkins or Diggins prove to be "better" than Gaff or Martin or whomever by then, I think Hurley would defer to the upperclassmen for the starting job anyway. I think anyone except Sanogo can lose the starting job in the course of the season, but the onus is going to be on the young guns (and Akok) to come take it.

Reaction Score
by January....

Cole
Hawkins
Jackson
Akok
Sanogo

We’re extremely deep next year. I think the 2021-2022 roster will surprise a lot of people. We’ll find a way to boost the shooting percentages with some offseason tuning.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How are people taking Whaley out of our starting 5? He was Big East DPOY and the most impactful player on our team.
Depends on when they posted. I'm pretty sure my original lineup was suggested before I knew he was returning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jackson will 100% be a starter - doesn't matter who stays or which transfers come in.
I think that will depend on his tendency to foul. He can foul out of games in 12 to 15 minutes

Reaction Score
Cole
Martin
Polley (assuming return)
Whaley
Sanogo

To assume the highest scorer that is returning will not be starting game 1 is absurd.

We need Gaffney and or Hawkins to play at all times.

Reaction Score
We need one of the these 3 (Jackson, Hawkins, Gaffney) to be a 10-15ppg scorer in my opinion. I don't see Cole adding much because he is limited in size, quickness, etc. and Martin will always be a 10-12ppg guy based on his skillset. Someone else has to be a perimeter scorer or we will be playing a ton of 58-55 rock fight games all year.

But man, this thread is kind of depressing. There have been some putrid lineup combos posted. Hoping there is an impact two/three out there that can move right into the starting lineup. People were down on Locke, but he I think he would have been our two guard and leading scorer had he come.

Reaction Score
I expect to see games in the 50’s and 60’s, against competition of course. We have a scoring problem with Bouk gone. Jackson is the wild card because he is supposed to work on his shooting all summer, but usually never works out.

Reaction Score
Here is what I came up for the starting lineup for game one of the 2021-22 season in November

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
We’re doomed

Reaction Score
I personally do not want to see Cole or Gaffney starting. I think they will be better off the bench. As for starting two centers I think one of them can be a forward and the other the center.

You can't have two power forwards and a center. It's not 1996. And either Cole or Gaffney is going to be starting (almost certainly Cole). Just because you haven't watched Diggins play, that doesn't mean he's going to be better than the guys you have seen.

Reaction Score
God, this thread needs to be burned and the flames put out with holy water. It is HORRIBLE.

I can never tell if the people who post lineups like that are really young or really old

Reaction Score

Guards
Rashool Diggins
Tyrese Martin

Forwards
Akok Akok

Center
Adama Sanogo
Samson Johnson

For the subs
We need help for next year. We need at least one front court and one scoring quick back court player.

Reaction Score
I can never tell if the people who post lineups like that are really young or really old
They are really something and I promise you that it's not age related ?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This thread does a nice job of highlighting the collective brainpower of the boneyard

Reaction Score
Somebody explain the Jackson love to me. It’s like a cult. Guy had a highlight reel dunk and woul foul out if they gave you 12, can’t shoot. So far he has been Sid Wilson without Sid’s shot and more fouls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom