Starting line up and first off the bench | The Boneyard

Starting line up and first off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Isn't it time to do this? Who will start: obviously, Stewie, KML, Mojeff, and KS. But then what? Who is the 2 guard. Who is first off the bench. Have you changed your minds since we did this exercise a few months ago? Seems we always do this about this time. I'm eager for some basketball threads.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think that it's too early as we've not heard any snippets from practices, etc, but I know we did this exercise a while ago. It seems the 2G spot is wide open. I hope Saniya makes a big jump in quality of play and earns the spot, but if not, I could see Kia Nurse easily sliding into that spot as well.

Personally I think our best team may be MoJett, KML, Morgan Stewie and Kiah, but that's an unlikely starting lineup as it leaves no one on the bench who can play in the post.

Reaction Score
I think that it's too early as we've not heard any snippets from practices, etc, but I know we did this exercise a while ago. It seems the 2G spot is wide open. I hope Saniya makes a big jump in quality of play and earns the spot, but if not, I could see Kia Nurse easily sliding into that spot as well.

Personally I think our best team may be MoJett, KML, Morgan Stewie and Kiah, but that's an unlikely starting lineup as it leaves no one on the bench who can play in the post.
I think there would be more a need for additional ballhandling and defensive skills from the other guard spot. Morgan will come off the bench. That lineup you listed might be preferred in the fourth quarter if the game is on the line.

Reaction Score
Not knowing how practice will be going at this point I say Saniya starts at the 2 guard. However saying that, I think KN will see a lot of playing time. I also wouldn't be surprised if in some games you could see KML, MT, KS, MJ and Stewie playing the 2 guard. What a nightmare match-up that would be for other teams.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Myself,I'm just going to wait and see what Geno decides. Because he will, and he knows better than me. (maybe not better than some folks on here, but definitely better than me). But I do hope that Saniya made a leap over the summer like MoJet did last year. Practices start on Wednesday!!

Reaction Score
Not knowing how practice will be going at this point I say Saniya starts at the 2 guard. However saying that, I think KN will see a lot of playing time. I also wouldn't be surprised if in some games you could see KML, MT, KS, MJ and Stewie playing the 2 guard. What a nightmare match-up that would be for other teams.

As good as Stewart is at just about everything regarding Basketball she is not a good enough ball handler to play the 2. Coach likes to have 2 exceptional ball handlers on the court at all times. I would guess the starting line up would be Stokes, Stewart, KML. Nurse, Jefferson.

Reaction Score
MoJeff, Saniya, Kiah, KML, & Stewart. Morgan first F off the bench and Nurse first G off the bench.

Reaction Score
Stokes, Stewie, KML, Williams( if healthy) Mojeff, with Tuck as the 6th man. Pre injury I thought Williams could have turned out the be one of the top 4 players on the whole uconn team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think there would be more a need for additional ballhandling and defensive skills from the other guard spot. Morgan will come off the bench. That lineup you listed might be preferred in the fourth quarter if the game is on the line.
Ha-ha, "game is on the line". That's funny. :D

(I won't mention the fourth quarter thing - which is also funny but in a different way) :cool:

Reaction Score
As good as Stewart is at just about everything regarding Basketball she is not a good enough ball handler to play the 2. Coach likes to have 2 exceptional ball handlers on the court at all times. I would guess the starting line up would be Stokes, Stewart, KML. Nurse, Jefferson.

Improved ball handling was her goal for this summer. I don't know how much time she had to work on it, seems like she had a very busy schedule all summer. It will be interesting to find out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I also wouldn't be surprised if in some games you could see KML, MT, KS, MJ and Stewie playing the 2 guard. What a nightmare match-up that would be for other teams.
I would be jaw on the floor surprised if Stewart was playing the 2. If (IF) we saw that lineup I'm hoping KML would be at the 2. But I'm hoping we don't see that much (if at all). That would mean the 5 actual guards available to play the 2 (Chong, Williams, Nurse, Edwards, Ekmark) were ineffectual. That would be the nightmare.

Reaction Score
Stokes, Stewie, KML, Williams( if healthy) Mojeff, with Tuck as the 6th man. Pre injury I thought Williams could have turned out the be one of the top 4 players on the whole uconn team.

GO: Sounds like you have seen a fair amount of her? If so, would you mind refreshing us/me on what you saw as her pluses and minuses? (I've seen next to no footage of her, if any, and nothing in person.) Many thanks for any light you can shed.

Reaction Score
Isn't it time to do this? Who will start: obviously, Stewie, KML, Mojeff, and KS. But then what? Who is the 2 guard. Who is first off the bench. Have you changed your minds since we did this exercise a few months ago? Seems we always do this about this time. I'm eager for some basketball threads.

SEMP: This is one of the kinds of threads that I like best. Thank you.

Reaction Score
MoJeff, Stewie, KML are no brainers. I sure am looking forward to some MoJeff to Gabby Alley-Ooops. But the two guard could be anyone and I think Geno will use them all depending upon the game situation. I really hope Kiah does well but IMHO Geno will have a short leash on her. Morgan is just way to good to leave on the bench for very long. There isn't anything she can't do, so it wouldn't surprise me to see her starting at center before the year is over.

45 TO GO

Reaction Score
Stokes, Stewart, KML, Jefferson, with the final starting spot being Chong's to lose.

I don't think Geno would go the season without a post sub, so even if healthy, I'd be surprised if Tuck is in the starting rotation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GO: Sounds like you have seen a fair amount of her? If so, would you mind refreshing us/me on what you saw as her pluses and minuses? (I've seen next to no footage of her, if any, and nothing in person.) Many thanks for any light you can shed.
I think this has been on here before, but here you go

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
MoJeff, Stewie, KML are no brainers. I sure am looking forward to some MoJeff to Gabby Alley-Ooops. But the two guard could be anyone and I think Geno will use them all depending upon the game situation. I really hope Kiah does well but IMHO Geno will have a short leash on her. Morgan is just way to good to leave on the bench for very long. There isn't anything she can't do, so it wouldn't surprise me to see her starting at center before the year is over.

45 TO GO
45 seems like forever...

Reaction Score
I think this has been on here before, but here you go

MEYER: Well, I don't remember seeing that; but then again I don't remember you, let alone who ever said you were ALL bad. Thanks - very interesting - very nice passer, strong drive, fast, good shot....hard not to add "lovely" as I'm one who thinks this team could win the Miss America Pageant along with some ball games.

Reaction Score
MoJeff, Saniya, Kiah, KML, & Stewart. Morgan first F off the bench and Nurse first G off the bench.
I agree, but not sure how long Saniya can keep it. Also, Courtney may surprise us.

HGN

Reaction Score
How quickly we forget.........Let's not forget about a young lady that brings some 'D' and 'O' to the floor at the 2-guard spot. And that young lady goes by the name of Courtney Ekmark. Don't rule her out just yet... Saniya has more game experience but Ekmark has more size and may be more deadly from the perimeter.

I agreee with this board on the first 4 ( Stewie , KML , Stokes , MoJeff ) , but I think that 5th spot is clearly up for grabs and is going to be a dog fight , no pun intended. And the top dog emerging from that fight could be a new pup in the pound.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
winlots,

There's some G-Will stuff here. She's #1 in white.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I just can't WAIT to see what happens. Are we going to get practice reports, I hope I hope...

Reaction Score
Kaleena, Breanna, Moriah, Kiah and Kia. The first off the bench will be Morgan. Kia Nurse is the most ready to play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think Ekmark might be able to make an impact. The question is would Geno play her at the 2-guard spot with the other four starters, or is she better suited for a wing/forward position defensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom