Start Cochran | The Boneyard

Start Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Wrist made his starting QB decision based on what would be popular with the fans.

Reaction Score
Coach LimpWrist? Come on man, your classier than that. J/K.

Reaction Score
If we start Cochran, who will we clamor for after he doesn't do well, either?

Brian Lemelle at QB?

Reaction Score

Brian Lemelle at QB?

Kivon Taylor
Tyler Murphy
Michael Nebrich
Cody Endres

Just my guess. The backup qb is always the most popular player on the team.

Reaction Score
No question, after today, Boyle would benefit from some time looking from the sideline. Part of the development curve. I don't doubt Boyle has better skills Cochran, but on this terrible team, he struggling it looks like thinking he has to make all the plays himself. Let him look in from the sideline for a while.

Reaction Score
No question, after today, Boyle would benefit from some time looking from the sideline. Part of the development curve. I don't doubt Boyle has better skills Cochran, but on this terrible team, he struggling it looks like thinking he has to make all the plays himself. Let him look in from the sideline for a while.

And it usually looks like our QB does have to make all the plays. Let's remember 2 things. This is garbage time. Our D couldn't tackle the mascot today.

Reaction Score
Casey C does seem to get rid of the ball quicker. Gut after today is let TB start but with a very short leash

Reaction Score

Brian Lemelle at QB?

The point is to keep rotating players until you find the ones that perform.

What don't understand?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Start Boyle and give him a quarter. If we sputter, put Cochran in for a few series. Open try-outs for the starting 2014 QB. At this point, let's throw Taylor out there too and run some read-option.

Reaction Score
Casey deserves a shot. With our line we need to play the short passing game anyway. Let Casey have the snaps with the one's this week and hope for a spark. His throws had more zip on them then anticipated and he was getting the ball out quickly.

Boyle has gone backward since USF.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
The point is to keep rotating players until you find the ones that perform.

What don't understand?

Because obviously there must be someone on the roster who can make this all seem like a distant memory?

Reaction Score
It's all bullish!! the line sucks it doesn't matter Tom Brady could be back their on his back

Watch the tape. While the line wasn't great, they gave time, at times, and he looked tentative and shell shocked.

Give credit to the UCF secondary as well. The locked up our WR's. The OL/WR/QB and UCF secondary get blame/credit.

Reaction Score
Boyle has a big time arm and this team just sucks......the o-line is putrid at best and this kid will get swallowed up and eventually impaled with them supporting him. As some say Cochran seems to get rid of it quicker and maybe he is the fit for now and maybe is also a real good QB........i feel for either kid they are at UConn during the time PP allowed this program to spiral into 1AA material.........they need an exorcism.........

Thanks goes to Jeff Hathaway for what could be deemed as one of the worst hirings in Divy 1 football history!! Long road back will need to make the perfect hire to turn this around........ACC and B10G are a long ways away thanks to this crap!

Reaction Score
Watch the tape. While the line wasn't great, they gave time, at times, and he looked tentative and shell shocked.

Give credit to the UCF secondary as well. The locked up our WR's. The OL/WR/QB and UCF secondary get blame/credit.

The line gave up pressure at times, but I think for the most part, they played well in pass pro. Boyle had plenty of time to throw on most plays.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Boyle is shell shocked, lacking confidence and maybe not accustom to the contact. We should start Casey this week, let Boyle practice with the #2s. Boyle doesn't seem to be able to make the right decision with the ball, unable to make it through the progressions and deliver an accurate or well timed through. Casey seemed to do better at both today. Its hardly over for Boyle, he's just not ready - hasn't seen enough, hasn't mastered the playbook.

Reaction Score
Boyle looked uninspired and pretty much terrible today. Cochran at least seems to have a betterattitude .

Reaction Score
This program is so screwed up right now, that you know what...what the hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Cochran get the go ahead against louisville with 2 weeks of practice as the #1. Hell - Whitmer got to take the field against Michigan. Boyle got homecoming. WHy not give Cochran the spotlight for Louisville on national TV? Makes as much sense as anything else this program is doing on the field.

At the very least, you at least have game film available on all three QB's for the next coach to evaluate.

Reaction Score
Watching the replay now, at 2:52 (on the DVR) Cochran went back to pass and UCF ran a corner blitz, Cochran immediately recognized the blitz and threw the ball to the receiver who was open because of the blitz. That's the kind of quick reads of the defense we need and haven't been getting.

Cochran did a nice job today.

Reaction Score
I want Logan Marchi to start next week. Enough babying him by having him play HS games. Get him in there. He is the answer.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Hell, if there are no realistic plans for playing Kivon next year, I would love to see him get some gametime too. I'm being semi-serious. I have no idea what kind of passer the kid is, but if he is as mobile as advertised, maybe he can show us that the QB can escape the pocket once it fails to exist. That, and run the option too. We might have a game where we get more than 100 yards on the ground, which would be progress... :(

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In a shocking development, coaching, even mediocre coaching, matters. I am confident that a year or two from now Boyle will be a good starting QB for UConn. I am also confident that he is no better than the third best QB on the roster right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom