Stanford Ranked #1 in AP Poll | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stanford Ranked #1 in AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Congrats to Stanford. It will be decided on the hardwood. No biggie either way.

Reaction Score
I'll jump in here and agree that these girls are "kids" to me given the ever increasing age differentiation between them and myself.
Actually, the age differentiation is less with each passing year. Take triadukefan's age (40) as an example against an 18 year old. This year, triad is 55% older than the 18 year old. Next year at age 41 only 53% older than the same person now 19. So, take heart! The youngster is catching up to you! But, alas, will never pass. :(

Regarding our not being #1. I'm fine with it, but passing Uconn is never a good thing to do. Stanford should look in the rear view mirror, because they're gonna be screaming, "Back in the Bus!!" when they see what's coming.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know that after reading this board for a few years, but imho, it is sexist.
Repeat after me, I am not a pleasure unit...I am not a pleasure unit! ;)

And yes, the Galaxy henchman is Mr. (George) Whipple...LOL.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know that after reading this board for a few years, but imho, it is sexist.

LOL. I don't go to things like "Men's Breakfast." Why? Because I've backpacked thousands of miles with women who could handle the rigors of the wilderness every bit as well as men. My research into early nomads reveals that early nomadic societies were egalitarian societies in regards to gender, much more than in our civilized societies, and my own experiences as a modern nomad confirms this. In other words, I probably have a greater awareness of the natural equality between the genders than you do, even if you are a female .... and based on my age (typical for this board) I have no qualms about referring to them as "our girls" or the men's team as "our boys." If that bothered you I think it's mainly a reflection on you.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score

Yeah, but wow, who's that charmin girl... oh, ah, nevermind.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Maybe. On Dec 22 Stanford will try to do something it hasn't done since 1996 and something it has only accomplished once in 12 tries: defeat Tennessee at Thompson Boling Arena. Is this the year?
If Tenn Beats Stanford at TBA will they be number 1 and Stanford fall to 4 or 5 and UConn be number 2?????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Wonder what he was planning on squeezing? :cool:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If Tenn Beats Stanford at TBA will they be number 1 and Stanford fall to 4 or 5 and UConn be number 2?????

Not a fair argument Tony.

Tennessee is 20th while Stanford was 4. So jumping like they did is reasonable.

There were 21 #1 votes for Stanford and 17 #1 votes for UConn. And 1 (I think) for Baylor. Looks to me like there were differing opinions on this and rightly so.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How the hell are us west coast people going to argue about an East Coast Bias when Stanford gets #1 in the poll?

Now what do we complain about?

That it wasn't unanimous - darn those east coasters.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Not a fair argument Tony.

Tennessee is 20th while Stanford was 4. So jumping like they did is reasonable.

There were 21 #1 votes for Stanford and 17 #1 votes for UConn. And 1 (I think) for Baylor. Looks to me like there were differing opinions on this and rightly so.

Good point. It isn't exactly the same thing, but if TN beats Stanford, they will move up at leats three places (plus the world will explode, as an aside)

Reaction Score
Huh?

They have eight players 6' 2" or taller. UConn has five. How many teams in the country have more than eight?
If most of those 6'2 or taller are not in the regular rotation, then it's kinda irrelevent, isn't it????? Maybe that's where the previous post was going.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Mel Greenberg@womhoopsguru
#NCAAW Love the UConn WBB media spin factory. If UConn was four and had beaten Baylor and No. 2 Stanford moved to No. 1, they’d be outraged

(Note: Mel predicted that Stanford might leapfrog since it was so early in the season. And he's seen more polls than anyone since he started it all.)

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Who cares who is on top now... The team takes it game by game. We should also. What counts is the wins at the end of the season and improvement during the season leading up to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom