Staley Suggests she landed another one | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Staley Suggests she landed another one

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I never saw Olson's last report, only the ones from 2013 which pointedly talk about her need to develop a shot for the next level. In the PN report there is no mention of her having even an emerging range to the arc. That both ONO and Collier have the athleticism to develop such skills is undeniable.

@JordyG , Olson's last report is on his own subscription site (I attached the link), which he updates very, very frequently. The ESPN rankings are only updated a few times per year, and the evaluations are not usually the most recent ones.

Reaction Score
So juvenile and unseemly and clearly flouting the “no comment on recruits until LOI is signed” rules. I would expect better from adult, respected, professional women.

It does seem immature. It was ok the first time she used the “birdie” thing but old now. Why do I not fear her coaching ability? I like seeing her on the bench.

Reaction Score
First off, show a little respect, SC is a good program and has earned everything they got. Second, the same snarky comment could be made about how UConn got lucky when Louiseville knocked off Baylor. I haven’t seen anything disrespectful post, a bit of fun and bravado maybe. You want snarky, rudeness and obnoxious forum behavior- go to VolNation, that’s disrespectful. Be courteous and have fun here, it’s an enjoyment forum.:cool:
Calling UConn fans bitter ON A UCONN BOARD is not disrespectful? This interloper got their disrespect dished back at them. Get over yourself. This board is already way too sterile.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can we close this thread?! ;) I don't want to wake up tomorrow and see this at the top of the feed!!! LOL

Just kidding... sort of... :D

Reaction Score
Not a player that occasionally hits from deep (a Tuck) but an actual perimeter player, like (Stewart/Stevens).. because her high school career/USAB history doesn’t allude to that. Sure, you can always develop your game into more (as I’ve been made aware of with Collier) than your position requires... but a perimeter player? I don’t see Geno taking her out of strength and making the perimeter her “home”...

Just to straighten out your perception of the relative roles of Stewart and Tuck, in their senior years 22% of Stewart' shots were from 3 compared to 25% of Tuck's 3pt shots. So using your measure Tuck was more of a perimeter player. And just for comparison, in Stewart's last 2 years of high school basketball she took a total of about 25 3 pt shots. In her last 2 years at UConn she attempted 204 3 pt shots. Stewart's perimeter game didn't really emerge until after she came to Storrs.

I'm not at all aware of ONO's current skill set but as in the case of Stewart, high school stats often have no bearing on college stats. I wouldn't say that any player with size would be called a perimeter player at UConn but UConn in recent years has had a number of players who were primarily inside scorers in high school and who developed into players who were also very effective out on the perimeter. And by "out on the perimeter I mean the entire perimeter, not just the high post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom