Staley Suggests she landed another one | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Staley Suggests she landed another one

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Me:
“Wow, lots of bitter posts here for no reason. It’s probably Saxton”

Bitter person:
“OH YEAH, well.. well.. A’JA WILSON AND DAWN STALEY ARE LOSERS! THEY’VE NEVER BEATEN MIGHTY UCONN! HA-HA!” *continues evil laughter into the distance*

:)

Reaction Score
On schedule.

Here we go again...

SC you have to remember you're in a UConn forum and for the most part UConn and it's fans are a pretty low key bunch........Geno and company reveal virtually nothing about their recruiting plans, they never say anything.........zero.........so don't expect Dawn's excited tweets about recruiting players before they have even announced to be looked upon with anything other then slight disdain.........

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Me:

Bitter person:
“OH YEAH, well.. well.. A’JA WILSON AND DAWN STALEY ARE LOSERS! THEY’VE NEVER BEATEN MIGHTY UCONN! HA-HA!” *continues evil laughter into the distance*

Sooooo, it wasn't "lots of bitter posts". Rather, by your own count, it was one - after you made your post.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
SC you have to remember you're in a UConn forum and for the most part UConn and it's fans are a pretty low key bunch...Geno and company reveal virtually nothing about their recruiting plans, they never say anything....zero....so don't expect Dawn's excited tweets about recruiting players before they have even announced to be looked upon with anything other then slight disdain....

Charlie, a few posters here love to play the contrarian in regards to anything I post.

I could've posted something like "Don't worry guys, it's likely Saxton" and somebody probably would've replied with "Who are YOU telling not to worry, I'M A HUSKY FAN, I'll worry as much as I want, .. oh and by the way, Wilson has NEVER beaten UCONN!"

..if that's not enough of a daily reminder that this is a UConn forum then nothing will be enough.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Sooooo, it wasn't "lots of bitter posts". Rather, by your own count, it was one - after you made your post.

Or I could just be calling out ONE bitter poster of a few in that particular post.

But it's a little early for semantics, no?

You tell me, Smarty Pants.

Reaction Score
They get lucky that MSU knocks out their Kyptonite and then they get awfully cocky and disrespectful.

Reaction Score
They get lucky that MSU knocks out their Kyptonite and then they get awfully cocky and disrespectful.
LOL come on. Some of you guys are like that guy that gets dumped by his girlfriend, then lands a hotter girl, but still pisses and moans about being dumped. I mean since Wilson spurned us, all UConn has done is win 3 titles and go on a 111 game winning streak. Yeah, boo hoo sucks to be us.

Reaction Score

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
It was between us and SC with Saxton. I was pretty sure when I saw that tweet last night it was IRT Saxton. I see someone has confirmed it. Nice get. I will be interested in watching her develop.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
It was between us and SC with Saxton. I was pretty sure when I saw that tweet last night it was IRT Saxton. I see someone has confirmed it. Nice get. I will be interested in watching her develop.

I thought for sure Saxton was Louisville bound. She's 6'2/6'3ish so not super tall but man she is beast on the backboard and ultra athletic. Reminds me a lot of Baylor's Nina Davis. Can bring the ball up the court too. I'm excited for her... developing a midrange game will be key in college.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Me:

Bitter person:

Lol, paranoid much?

Geesh, relax. The Gamecocks (and really when you think about it, who the heck decided putting "game" and "cocks" together would make a fine team nickname) are reigning national champions. Life should be good for you right now.

Aside the BY: Aren't NC newbies adorable? They just don't seem to know what to do with themselves. Well I guess it's like anything. You get better at it with practice.

Trophy140925b015.jpg

Reaction Score
SC you have to remember you're in a UConn forum and for the most part UConn and it's fans are a pretty low key bunch...Geno and company reveal virtually nothing about their recruiting plans, they never say anything....zero....so don't expect Dawn's excited tweets about recruiting players before they have even announced to be looked upon with anything other then slight disdain....

Personally, I do find comments like that from coaches to be cheesy- and skirts the rules-of-the-game; nevertheless, I see very little in taking people to task while holding US as the model. We have ours and they theirs. Our style has worked well for us. Actually, I was for interested in the mentioning of "sisters", as I believe it was not unintended. Who and what is being hailed there-- maybe our SCGamecock could offer a word or two.

Reaction Score
Who cares? Let South Carolina have a little fun... they're the reigning national champs after all. UConn's not going to get every top recruit.
I don't see anything wrong with Dawn getting SC fans excited and improving her team. I think she's going to find that defending a championship is harder than winning one.

Reaction Score
Saxton is very underrated. Dominated the EYBL this summer leading her team Elite team to back to back titles. She out hustled, scored, and rebounded players like Shakira Austin, Sedona Prince, Charli Collier, and Aquira DeCosta. Really the crown jewel of the class and loves to play above the rim. True sleeper!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Lol, paranoid much?

Geesh, relax. The Gamecocks (and really when you think about it, who the heck decided putting "game" and "cocks" together would make a fine team nickname) are reigning national champions. Life should be good for you right now.

Aside the BY: Aren't NC newbies adorable? They just don't seem to know what to do with themselves. Well I guess it's like anything. You get better at it with practice.

Trophy140925b015.jpg

Ah yes, I am paranoid. Not sure why, but I guess I am paranoid. :rolleyes:

Bee-tee-dubs, nice picture. I'm confused why there's a field hockey trophy there.. but still, nice picture.

Must be an older picture since not all of them are for Women's basketball. They should probably take a new one with just the women's trophies.. would still be 11. ;)

Reaction Score
Ah yes, I am paranoid. Not sure why, but I guess I am paranoid. :rolleyes:

Bee-tee-dubs, nice picture. I'm confused why there's a field hockey trophy there.. but still, nice picture.

Must be an older picture since not all of them are for Women's basketball. They should probably take a new one with just the women's trophies.. would still be 11. ;)

professors from the school of architecture are currently in Geno' office right now.......trying to find a bit of space to fit that 12th one............:p

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Personally, I do find comments like that from coaches to be cheesy- and skirts the rules-of-the-game; nevertheless, I see very little in taking people to task while holding US as the model. We have ours and they theirs. Our style has worked well for us. Actually, I was for interested in the mentioning of "sisters", as I believe it was not unintended. Who and what is being hailed there-- maybe our SCGamecock could offer a word or two.

Sisters = as in recruiting class sisters... she's alluding to Nelson-Ododa and Williams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom