South Florida Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Florida Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Yeah because going 1-6 in a watered down AAC would be better than where we are now...

Without the move to independence, there is no 5th National Championship, the women's program is dead, and we are not even in the conversation of a B12 invite.

AD Dave has not been perfect, but he is far from a moron and has put us in the best position to succeed.
I didn’t say staying in the AAC was the answer. But this current situation sure as hell wasn’t. Again, I’m not the one being paid $500k a year or whatever AD Dave’s salary is to figure this out. Maybe we could have done a football only invite plus out of conference games in other sports with the MAC or C USA or something. Maybe not - I don’t know, it’s not my job. But independence for the ONE sport that the college landscape is built around was a horrific decision that gives the program no long term stability, is a terrible recruiting sell, and drains our meager resources. We are in the worst possible situation for long term athletic success and I don’t see how you don’t blame AD Dave and the entire administration for this.

Reaction Score
Yeah because going 1-6 in a watered down AAC would be better than where we are now...

Without the move to independence, there is no 5th National Championship, the women's program is dead, and we are not even in the conversation of a B12 invite.

AD Dave has not been perfect, but he is far from a moron and has put us in the best position to succeed.
Good post. I’d rather have our powerhouse basketball program in the Big East than have mediocre basketball and football like the vast majority of schools. Yes, it would be great to have a competitive football team, but that’s not going to happen in the foreseeable future. Just not. So where we are now is the best of all worlds for us, and by that I mean POSSIBLE worlds, not impossible dreams. You want to trade places with Pittsburg? Virginia Tech? Syracuse? They have nothing. Nothing at all. At least we have a blue blood top 5 basketball program. We can’t let that go.

Reaction Score
I think the season essentially ended today. That was our moment to turn it around a bit but that was a nail in the coffin for the season. I say start playing for next year and get our back up QB some reps and other players as well. It is a loss we don’t recover from.
I am fearful that the program ended today

Reaction Score
I didn’t say staying in the AAC was the answer. But this current situation sure as hell wasn’t. Again, I’m not the one being paid $500k a year or whatever AD Dave’s salary is to figure this out. Maybe we could have done a football only invite plus out of conference games in other sports with the MAC or C USA or something. Maybe not - I don’t know, it’s not my job. But independence for the ONE sport that the college landscape is built around was a horrific decision that gives the program no long term stability, is a terrible recruiting sell, and drains our meager resources. We are in the worst possible situation for long term athletic success and I don’t see how you don’t blame AD Dave and the entire administration for this.
The blame falls on Warde and Suzie. They dug the grave for UConn

Reaction Score
Certainly a difficult day for the "old guy", hoping for a turn around game. Being a Giants and Red Sox fan has given me my share of "agony of defeat", and some "thrill of victories". I had hoped, as a LONG time UC football fan, to see the program turn the corner and join the other successful athletic programs at the university. I tend to not blame coaches or athletes for losing, because in my heart, I think they go out there to give their best and try to WIN. So, I leave the reasons for what has gone wrong this season to you young guys. Nearing the end of the conveyor belt leaves me with little but HOPE. Hoping they can turn the battleship around SOON. Thanks for all your posts and for joining me in wishing for a W.

Reaction Score
spread the ball around, move the ball downfield. gash a run here and there then throw again. We score. Then it's like the next drive the mentality immediately switches to "K, we scored. Don't want to make that our identity this game.. let's get back to our bread and butter. Zone read left. oh shoot.. 2nd and 12.. gonna need to come up with something they won't expect. Reverse pitch pass.. YEA THAT'S THE ONE!!!"

Reaction Score
I feel like a fool for all the years I thought “it’d be so nice to just be competitive.”

How many times did we go to tackle someone at the shoulders and they just…ducked

I like it when they just spin the ball carrier around and further down the field instead of just tackling them.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
There are some very good players on this team who have been playing their hearts out. But stating the obvious, they've been kneecapped by bad play calling, bad refs and some untimely lapses in performance.

IMO it didn't help early in the season when UConn was publicly dissed at the B12 and ACC conference realignment dances. I have to believe that had some effect on player and team morale. Look at when that happened and when we played our most pitiful 3 games of the season. We played tough before that happened (NC State) and rebounded afterward (Utah State, Rice).

So, this loss is especially tough. It was ours for the taking and the next step out of the pit of disappointment. The rest of the season has to be about playing for personal and team pride. We're better than the results show. I hope the coaches can get this team fired up and let the dogs off the leash the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
There is no “answer.” Anyone should be able to see that. Thanks to Jim Calhoun, and now DH, we have an elite BB program. We never had even a good football side. The Big East buoyed us for a while, but our “mates” did not want us on board, so they all baled, They deeply resented us. They were petty, but they held the cards. Now, the only way out of this maze is to stay elite in basketball, and wait for the ACC to explode. Then we are likely to be included with the left-behinds, which will be a dramatic improvement over what we have now. The left-behinds will make a pretty good basketball conference, and an OK football league without any heavy hitters..

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Roberson continues to impress with his decision, making and throwing ability… And Edwards had a heck of a break out day.

Other than that a lot of bad mistakes that cost us a bunch of points not that not totally Wanebo game and we found a way to blow it. Very frustrating.

And there’s no way to sugarcoat it… Our secondary is just 10 ply Charmin, soft
Our inability to defend the middle of the field is just unbelievable. It’s been a problem all season but it really showed today.

I have no idea why returning kicks is so challenging for us. We make it look so difficult ALWAYS.

I had good food, good beer, and good company. I sat four rows from the field for a crazy low price. But on the field well, we suck more than USF, and USF blows.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
IMO it didn't help early in the season when UConn was publicly dissed at the B12 and ACC conference realignment dances. I have to believe that had some effect on player and team morale. Look at when that happened and when we played our most pitiful 3 games of the season. We played tough before that happened (NC State) and rebounded afterward (Utah State, Rice).
Preposterous take.

UConn was never remotely close to moving to either conference except in the fantasy cotton candy minds on here. That impacted the team 0.000%.

Reaction Score
Being there today, it was a very difficult game to watch. Fans from the beginning were expecting the worse and rightfully so. The first quarter was root canal minus the novocaine between the injury tos, excessively long media breaks and just ill-prepared offense. It didn’t help that usf couldn’t finish UConn off and gave them the opportunity to take the lead. I’ll say this-at 21-10, it never felt like UConn was going to win. defense was bipolar-making multiple big plays for losses followed by large plays both by run and pass bu USF. I knew it was toast when usf got the quick td to climb within 4. This team lacks the capacity to play from behind or score to put a team away. I hate the 6-6 season last year now. Took me out of my 2-10 comfort zone and made me greedy for this season. Enough to buy tickets to the BC game in August. That was not smart or common sense thinking on my part. This team is right back in its 1-6 comfort zone now. But thank you Cam for a solid rb effort today

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Being there today, it was a very difficult game to watch. Fans from the beginning were expecting the worse and rightfully so. The first quarter was root canal minus the novocaine between the injury tos and just ill-prepared offense. It didn’t help that usf couldn’t finish UConn off and gave them the opportunity to take the lead. I’ll say this-at 21-10, it never felt like UConn was going to win. defense was bipolar-making multiple big plays for losses followed by large plays both by run and pass bu USF. I knew it was toast when usf got the quick td to climb within 4. This team lacks the capacity to play from behind or score to put a team away. I hate the 6-6 season last year now. Took me out of my 2-10 comfort zone and made me greedy for this season. Enough to buy tickets to the BC game in August. That was not smart or common sense thinking on my part. This team is right back in its 1-6 comfort zone now. But thank you Cam for a solid rb effort today
Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Reaction Score
I just feel sorry that Connecticut's own Cam Edwards was probably 2 plays away from everyone in the State realizing he is a hero. That USF 3rd and maybe 20 that they converted and that ridiculous non PI call on Clersius are the 2 plays I refer to.

This should have been Cam's break out Win game. Just hope he realizes how great he can be and plays with an attitude next game.

As for all the whiners on this board RELAX.

Beat BCU and I'm happy for this year!

Reaction Score
You almost get the feeling from these ref crews that are like, we will go through the motions but if the game is on line, you can expect no help from us and we might even miss a couple / look the other way to stick it to you. And if you don’t like it, you’ve got no one to complain to and it doesn’t effect us in the slightest.

It’s a stacked deck and UConn hasn’t figured out they have to be that much better to get W’s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is no “answer.” Anyone should be able to see that. Thanks to Jim Calhoun, and now DH, we have an elite BB program. We never had even a good football side. The Big East buoyed us for a while, but our “mates” did not want us on board, so they all baled, They deeply resented us. They were petty, but they held the cards. Now, the only way out of this maze is to stay elite in basketball, and wait for the ACC to explode. Then we are likely to be included with the left-behinds, which will be a dramatic improvement over what we have now. The left-behinds will make a pretty good basketball conference, and an OK football league without any heavy hitters..
Don't be so sure UConn will leave the Big East for the ACC scraps.

Reaction Score
Yes this has been a taxing year for UConn FB, but I'm more proud to cheer for this team than the scumbags that play at Michigan for that "male member" - He should be thrown in prison. Absolutely disgraceful for the B1G!

Rant done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom