South Florida Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

South Florida Post Game Thread

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
You almost get the feeling from these ref crews that are like, we will go through the motions but if the game is on line, you can expect no help from us and we might even miss a couple / look the other way to stick it to you. And if you don’t like it, you’ve got no one to complain to and it doesn’t effect us in the slightest.

It’s a stacked deck and UConn has figured out they have to be that much better to get W’s.
No call on pass interference sent my TV to the street

Reaction Score
You want to trade places with Pittsburg? Virginia Tech? Syracuse? They have nothing. Nothing at all. At least we have a blue blood top 5 basketball program. We can’t let that go.
Yes, the ACC is fertile basketball ground and I have faith.

Reaction Score
His speech last week about the hopelessness of it all, combined with the defensive plan in the fourth quarter, said to me that it is over. When the coach feels that it is hopeless, and that is essentially what he was saying this past week, then it is hopeless.

He said the same thing this summer before the season started.

More people heard it this time and I am glad.

Reaction Score
Roberson not securing the ball when he decided to run and got the first down before he fumbled is a fundamentals failure. Dropped Ints, dropped passes, the non call for blatant PI on the UConn sideline, the PI call from the endzone on us in the first Q that was a joke. Charlton must lead the nation in play calls that lead to 2nd and 12 or 13. He has to be fired at the end of the year. SF looked like they knew our QB would not run in the RPO. Calling fair catch on a punt and not catching it so we lose 13 yards in field position and start a drive inside our 15. Brutal loss. We are 0-5 at home. The season ended today.

Reaction Score
Another competitive game, another gut wrenching loss. More sad than mad.
Whereas past teams rarely competed against AAC level teams, this team would be in every game. The timing of the losses with all the conference realignment rumors is another reason to be on edge about the future. One of these years, we catch a break.

Reaction Score
He said the same thing this summer before the season started.

More people heard it this time and I am glad.
I wish he waited until the end of the season, instead of before a winnable game. Not a good way to get people in the stands. This was supposed to be a homecoming game. Looked like the lowest attendance of the year on TV.

Reaction Score
Yes, the ACC is fertile basketball ground and I have faith.
That’s not exactly what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, over the last 25 years, would you rather be Uconn or Pittsburg? UConn or BC? UConn or Syracuse? I’m saying that where we are is not all that bad in comparison to Rutgers, or Maryland, or Wake Forrest, or West Virginia. We have some major accomplishments. They don’t.

Reaction Score
how is it possible that literally every single one of the 131 programs besides us and UMass are able to put together a competent team 2 years in a row? It is mind boggling it is infuriating and it’s utterly depressing. I love this school and I love college football. WHY are we constantly an absolute joke???
Can't speak for Mass, except that for years I posted against hoping UMass to go D-1 while many argued for that to happen (something about a rivalry). Problem is, they compete for the same talent out of the same small puddle.

As for UConn . . . they have insisted on playing a 1960's brand of football. Offense? Run, run, run. Pass only when necessary. Defense? Rush 4, don't blitz (too gimmicky) and play prevent defense as a staple. Recruits want something else.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There are some very good players on this team who have been playing their hearts out. But stating the obvious, they've been kneecapped by bad play calling, bad refs and some untimely lapses in performance.

IMO it didn't help early in the season when UConn was publicly dissed at the B12 and ACC conference realignment dances. I have to believe that had some effect on player and team morale. Look at when that happened and when we played our most pitiful 3 games of the season. We played tough before that happened (NC State) and rebounded afterward (Utah State, Rice).

So, this loss is especially tough. It was ours for the taking and the next step out of the pit of disappointment. The rest of the season has to be about playing for personal and team pride. We're better than the results show. I hope the coaches can get this team fired up and let the dogs off the leash the rest of the season.
Getting dicked around by the Big12 completely took the wind out of the team and fanbase

Reaction Score
Can't speak for Mass, except that for years I posted against hoping UMass to go D-1 while many argued for that to happen (something about a rivalry). Problem is, they compete for the same talent out of the same small puddle.

As for UConn . . . they have insisted on playing a 1960's brand of football. Offense? Run, run, run. Pass only when necessary. Defense? Rush 4, don't blitz (too gimmicky) and play prevent defense as a staple. Recruits want something else.
You and I have always agreed on this. Score points and play an exciting brand of football. I want a team that airs it out and brings the house. That’s what people want to see and recruits want to play. Roberson is proving pretty capable, let him throw more. The D rarely blitzes. Let’s create some chaos instead. We have nothing to lose. We play conservative football and it doesn’t work anyway.

I’d take Don Brown back as DC any day if he runs out of rope at UMass. At least he’ll try and make something happen.

Reaction Score
it would be absurd not to. You can’t support a giant athletic program on the $5M a year from BE TV rights.
Things will be changing before then and brands are what's going to matter. UConn basketball is positioned great for the future, UConn football is positioned poorly for the future. UConn will protect basketball to keep it at the very top at all costs. They aren't going to make any decisions based on football that will hurt basketball. We already did that once.

Reaction Score
Why must every loss become a referendum on the program and apparently the entire athletics department? Good grief give it a rest.
Yes it has become borderline trolling at this point in a postgame thread. The people who bring it are piling on and getting all horned up on regurgitating their same view points.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The sky is not falling. This is a disappointing loss but we are no where near where we were 5 years. I blame Mora for the loss today, but we didn’t get blown out; we lost at the very end.

Sacred Heart and UMass SHOULD be wins.

Tennessee will be a blow out.

I think we will be competitive against both BC and James Madison. With the exception of Georgia State and Duke, we have been in every game.

It’s hilarious people want to give up now but didn’t give up 5 years ago
Agree. This game was another gut punch in a season of them. We are better now than a few years ago, and we have hope for the future. I still believe in Mora as HC but he has to make some changes with OC, ST coach, and hire a DC.

Reaction Score
There is just not a clutch bone in this teams body not one. Being clutch doesn’t mean you have to pull a Kemba, you just have to pull off the basics.

Too many dropped passes, standing in section 209 seeing a good look of USF qb, in the 4th he liter had time to drink a full sip of beer before throwing a pass and I’m not even exaggerating.

Reaction Score
The direction this discussion has gone is exemplary of why we suck.

You guys just can’t get basketball off the brain.
Dude, and I mean that respectfully, basketball is all we have. And in a major way.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Things will be changing before then and brands are what's going to matter. UConn basketball is positioned great for the future, UConn football is positioned poorly for the future. UConn will protect basketball to keep it at the very top at all costs. They aren't going to make any decisions based on football that will hurt basketball. We already did that once.
Alright. I'll bite. What decision did we make based on football that hurt basketball? Making football D1/FBS in the first place?

Reaction Score
Jfc I’m done with this season already
I love when people post to tell us they're done. I get the emotion of it but it always reads like a cry for help. It's gonna be okay. Diversify a bit. Losing sucks. Bad refs suck. Playcalling, Conference Realignment. Kids making mistakes. Today was everything rolled into one. We snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory. But they had a little extra help out there during crunch time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom