South Florida Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

South Florida Post Game Thread

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
First, I think Mora needs to honestly consider handing defensive coordinator duties off to someone. Maybe there's not enough money to hire a DC, who knows. Figure it out but we need someone other than Mora. He needs to manage the whole thing, not be involved totally in the D.

Second, why Charlton is still on this staff is mind boggling. UConn should hire a UConn student who is an insane Madden player and just give them one of those tablets that shows the plays. Let them study it and have them call in the plays to a person who is like an OC. Honestly, we'd do much better.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Where would we have gone? Did we have an invitation from the Big East during those years? I don't think we did in the early years.
Independent from the jump in football and stayed with the Catholic 7 in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Another frustratingly winnable game. Dropped passes by both the WR & DBs ended drives prematurely and gave USF new life. Both fumbles were cases where the runner failed to cover the ball as they fought for extra yards. The field goal in the second quarter into the wind was a horrible decision, USF had so little confidence that McFadden would be able to reach it into that wind from 48 that they even had a guy back to return it, perhaps the shortest field goal I've ever seen a return man back there for. Then in the second half, after Roberson and the offense moved the ball well when UConn was passing on early downs, they never took a shot on first down. A play action pass early, even if it failed, would've helped clear the running lanes for Edwards.

The team still suffers from a lack of speed. It's why the kick coverage has been so bad, they just don't get down the field to cover. Caratan constantly outkicks the coverage. They struggle to contain the edges and of course the tackling issues continue.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Was staying with the Catholic 7 an option at that time?
Probably, but we didn't want to take the risk of going independent in football then would be my guess.

Reaction Score
cr9ipBN.gif

Reaction Score
First, I think Mora needs to honestly consider handing defensive coordinator duties off to someone. Maybe there's not enough money to hire a DC, who knows. Figure it out but we need someone other than Mora. He needs to manage the whole thing, not be involved totally in the D.

Second, why Charlton is still on this staff is mind boggling. UConn should hire a UConn student who is an insane Madden player and just give them one of those tablets that shows the plays. Let them study it and have them call in the plays to a person who is like an OC. Honestly, we'd do much better.
There’s money. It’s been Mora’s choice.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty confident our basketball would have suffered in the BE too with Ollie as our coach.
The Hurley hire has more to do with our basketball success than anything else.
Maybe so but playing in empty gyms against Tulane and ECU while we were buried on channels nobody watches was terrible for the basketball program.

Reaction Score
That’s not exactly what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, over the last 25 years, would you rather be Uconn or Pittsburg? UConn or BC? UConn or Syracuse? I’m saying that where we are is not all that bad in comparison to Rutgers, or Maryland, or Wake Forrest, or West Virginia. We have some major accomplishments. They don’t.
The major accomplishments will be impossible to obtain in the near future. Isn't that what coach was implying in his speech this week?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The major accomplishments will be impossible to obtain in the near future. Isn't that what coach was implying in his speech this week?
People were saying this same thing 10 years ago.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Mora gonna tell us again how we need more money?
They do, that is a fact. You need the money to compete and the officials sucked with a couple of non-calls. One was on the USF touchdown which there was holding and it wasn't called. The Pass interference that wasn't called was terrible and the coach was teed off as were many of us

Reaction Score
how is it possible that literally every single one of the 131 programs besides us and UMass are able to put together a competent team 2 years in a row? It is mind boggling it is infuriating and it’s utterly depressing. I love this school and I love college football. WHY are we constantly an absolute joke??? Like someone please explain to me how a flagship state school can’t win 5 games a year against G5 backwater programs. It’s insulting to the alumni the fans and the state. Fire Mora fire Charlton fire AD Dave and just clean house. The hell have you got to lose.
The school has no interest in prioritizing FB at expense of BB.
You can’t tell me that an AD can assemble best coaching staff in BB and not have a freaking clue when it comes to FB.
They don’t want to pay coaches, they don’t want to do what is necessary to elevate the program.
They went on the cheap with RE for 5 years. and they have way too much salary in Charlton now so there is no DC.
Mora is doing what he can, but it’s showing. The players aren’t put in spots to win, they aren’t executing, and the play calling on both sides are incredibly inconsistent. Zero ability to adjust.

Ultimately, it’s on Mora to get better coaching. My fear, if he leaves, it is a black mark on the program I don’t see a recovery from.

Reaction Score
They do, that is a fact. You need the money to compete and the officials sucked with a couple of non-calls. One was on the USF touchdown which there was holding and it wasn't called. The Pass interference that wasn't called was terrible and the coach was teed off as were many of us
Saw that. Was one of our players literally pushed out of the end zone?

Reaction Score
They aren't 1-6 because of a lack of money.

Reaction Score
Saw that. Was one of our players literally pushed out of the end zone?
Not the end zone but it would have been a first down when we needed one. It didn't get call because the throw wasn't great.

Reaction Score
The school has no interest in prioritizing FB at expense of BB.
You can’t tell me that an AD can assemble best coaching staff in BB and not have a freaking clue when it comes to FB.
They don’t want to pay coaches, they don’t want to do what is necessary to elevate the program.
They went on the cheap with RE for 5 years. and they have way too much salary in Charlton now so there is no DC.
Mora is doing what he can, but it’s showing. The players aren’t put in spots to win, they aren’t executing, and the play calling on both sides are incredibly inconsistent. Zero ability to adjust.

Ultimately, it’s on Mora to get better coaching. My fear, if he leaves, it is a black mark on the program I don’t see a recovery from.
The school doesn't have the money and of course they're going to prioritize the basketball program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom