South Carolina vs Mississippi St - 3/04/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Mississippi St - 3/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss St is not playing like they have for most of the Year. Looks like the pressure is getting to them. Still early and if they can keep the game close while McCowan is on the bench they should be okay.

Reaction Score
Schaefer starting to cry up a storm on the sidelines already. Miss. St., just not very good without McCowan taking up space under the basket. Great defense on Vivians.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So far this is all about SC's supporting cast. Herbert Harrigan with 11 points in the first 13 minutes? That's gotta be a first.

McCowan on the bench with foul trouble is a major problem for Miss St.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Miss St is not playing like they have for most of the Year. Looks like the pressure is getting to them. Still early and if they can keep the game close while McCowan is on the bench they should be okay.

Foul disparity of 7-3 can take your aggressiveness away a bit. Long way to go.

7-4 now. Getting better.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
South Carolina looking very much like they don't want to be in UCONN's region. Beating Mississippi State today might just do that if beating Georgia yesterday didn't do it already.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Now we know how to beat Miss St. Get McCowan in foul trouble. She's played 4 minutes in teh 1st half so far. So Carolina is owning the boards. 13 Rebounds to 7 for Miss St. Miss St is helping by shooting 31% so far.

Reaction Score
Still early but Miss State always looks like a completely different team when they play South Carolina.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Suddenly Mississippi State and Baylor not looking so "worrisome" should they end up playing UCONN at some point in the NCAA's... I realize it's just one game, but for all the hoopla, it seemed like many prognostication experts were gearing up for a UCONN - MState final with MState as one of the teams who could beat UCONN.

I realize anything can happen in a game, but Miss State IMHO needs to play better than normal to beat UCONN and we'd need to play worse than normal... Just MHO...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Now we know how to beat Miss St. Get McCowan in foul trouble. She's played 4 minutes in teh 1st half so far. So Carolina is owning the boards. 13 Rebounds to 7 for Miss St. Miss St is helping by shooting 31% so far.

First time I've seen McCowan in foul trouble in a big game. Both were silly fouls that could've been avoided. Wilson should have at least 2 fouls right now....not a fan of how the game ahs been officiated so far. That said, SC does look a lot more active right now.

Reaction Score
Suddenly Mississippi State and Baylor not looking so "worrisome" should they end up playing UCONN at some point in the NCAA's... I realize it's just one game, but for all the hoopla, it seemed like many prognostication experts were gearing up for a UCONN - MState final with MState as one of the teams who could beat UCONN.

I realize anything can happen in a game, but Miss State IMHO needs to play better than normal to beat UCONN and we'd need to play worse than normal... Just MHO...

That's a long ways down the road. I think teams #3-10 are a lot better than most normal seasons. The #1 seeds will be facing some difficult 2's and 3's in the Round of 8. It won't be an easy road to Columbus for anyone.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I agree for the most part...I think UCONN is still the big favorite. Mississippi State never seems to play well against SC though, even last game they didn't play well for big stretches. And McCowan has been on the bench all game. 2nd half may be a different story.

Baylor-Texas should be more telling when we see how the freshmen do against Texas's athletic guards.

Reaction Score
South Carolina reminds me of 2008 Tennessee but not as good. Post championship hangover for most of the season. Turn it on in March led by an elite player. Like last year they are under the radar coming into March.

Reaction Score
30-19 SC at the half

Herbert Harrigan 11 pts

No MSU player over 6 pts

Reaction Score
Miss state isn’t a bad matchup for South Carolina.

We are playing better defense in this tournament.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss ST has to play McCowan even if she picks up a quick foul early in the 3rd quarter. They can't win without her. They need her offensive rebounding and put backs for easy baskets.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Boy Miss St can't throw the ball in the Ocean today.

2-11 outside the arc. Very unlike them.

Reaction Score
I mean miss state is a great team, but USC matches up fine.

Miss state may be able to crank up defense and control the boards in second half to pull it out though. .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss St needs McCowan. She probably would have gotten some offensive rebounds leading to baskets on Miss St's missed shots. Miss St has one offensive Rebounds and McCowan by herself usually have 5 or so in the 1st half. So Carolina is playing well, but they should have a bigger lead.

Miss state isn’t a bad matchup for South Carolina.

We are playing better defense in this tournament.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't like to see any big game heavily influenced by foul calling. Refs almost ruined a Nat'l Championship game a while back; sure tried hard, but failed.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
19 pts end of the half. Wow! Miss State not passing the eye test this afternoon. Herbert-Harrigan may have benefited with the extra minutes while Wilson was out.

Reaction Score
South Carolina reminds me of 2008 Tennessee but not as good. Post championship hangover for most of the season. Turn it on in March led by an elite player. Like last year they are under the radar coming into March.
Wilson is no where near the player Parker was as a Senior!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom