South Carolina vs Mississippi St - 3/04/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Mississippi St - 3/04/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Miss state isn’t a bad matchup for South Carolina.

We are playing better defense in this tournament.
I am SO bummed you guys lost twice to Tenn. Wilson being out both those games. I think if she were healthy, you would have beaten them twice, in the regular season, improving your seeding and lowering Tennessee's.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Kiki had a game like this against Louisville in Springfield last season that I attended.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wilson is no where near the player Parker was as a Senior!

Not too many players were. I'm no Wilson fan but after battling vertigo it's a feat just to be playing 3 days in a row. Plus let's not forget Parker always had a lot of help.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well this prediction looks out the window...

It's a tall order I agree, but Miss St does have the outside shooting prowess to come back. They have to start hitting right away though.

Reaction Score
Miss St needs McCowan. She probably would have gotten some offensive rebounds leading to baskets on Miss St's missed shots. Miss St has one offensive Rebounds and McCowan by herself usually have 5 or so in the 1st half. So Carolina is playing well, but they should have a bigger lead.

Miss state isn’t a bad matchup for South Carolina.

We are playing better defense in this tournament.

I agree that South Carolina needed to stretch the lead more than they did to try and put them away.

Miss state is outstanding defensive team and hitting more shots or getting more rebounds could turn this one.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
SC needs to play smart with the ball and make sure Wilson gets touches. Herbert
-Harrington for as good as she was, needs to remember who the big dog is and not play stupid like she did in the last minute of the 1st half.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hard to believe Miss St is shooting so poorly, and then they are not anymore. Lot of game left here.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Wilson knows McCowan can't guard her tight anymore.

But...it doesn’t matter if they won’t drive the ball at her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
South Carolina reminds me of 2008 Tennessee but not as good. Post championship hangover for most of the season. Turn it on in March led by an elite player. Like last year they are under the radar coming into March.

Not sure what post championship hangover you're talking about...Tennessee went 36-2 against a brutal schedule and won the championship in one of the most competitive seasons in women's basketball history.

I think a better comparison is 2006 Baylor led by Sophia Young..they won the title in 2005, and had a good team in 2006, but they were not as talented as they were when they won it all. Or 2013 Stanford led by Chiney Ogwumike, they were still good and Chiney was a star, but Stanford was not nearly as strong as they were in 2012.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is where Wilson shows if she is a NPOY or not.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Miss ST will have only cut 4 points off of So Carolina's half time lead if So Carolina misses this shot. Might end up being two points. IMO they needed to be tied going into the 4th quarter. McCowan played major minutes with 3 fouls. She's got to play at least 5 minutes of the 4th quarter without picking up her 4th foul. A'ja Wilson scored at will because McCowan couldn't foul.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Miss St loses this game, it might end up being a good loss if there is such a thing. Won't have the pressure of being an undefeated team. One less thing to worry about. They're not playing the defense they usually do. Plus they only have two offensive rebounds so far.

Reaction Score
whoa. A'ja scores a great basketball and celebrates while play is on. Has to hustle to get back in the action.

They'd be administering oxygen to Geno if she were on UConn.....

Reaction Score
What sucks the most about this is that Wilson is probably now a lock for NPOY. I know there's some question about whether post-regular season play is taken into account. Regardless, I had thought that if SC had been knocked out of the SEC tournament relatively early, it would be a heavy lift for Wilson given the team's overall record. But under these circumstances, the freight train is probably unstoppable, now. Oh well, credit to Wilson, she played great today.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Fat Lady is Warming UP. McCowan most likely will play the complete 2nd half and Miss St couldn't come back. 4 minutes to go with a 13 point So Carolina lead.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
whoa. A'ja scores a great basketball and celebrates while play is on. Has to hustle to get back in the action.

They'd be administering oxygen to Geno if she were on UConn.....
She is very proud of herself. She is sure she is NPOY, even if some of us are not convinced. :p

Reaction Score
Dawn making Cliney the second ball handler in this game is fairly ludicrous.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Agree that Wilson has locked in NPOY with this victory. Disappointing outing for Miss State, which certainly looks beatable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom