Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just a conspiracy theory on my part. The fact A'ja Wilson is not playing, Dawn didn't want her team to lose just to get out of the Albany Regional...no can't be! :eek:

Trying to fathom your theory...sounds interesting if one could figure out what it means. So..." Dawn didn't want her team to lose just to get out of the Albany Regional"....???

Explique, s'il vous plait

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Trying to fathom your theory...sounds interesting if one could figure out what it means. So..." Dawn didn't want her team to lose just to get out of the Albany Regional"....???

Nobody wants to be in the Albany region where they could face UConn in a sold-out TUC in front of 15000 Husky fans.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

My weird conspiracy theory was that TN wants to show Wilson is not the NPOY by losing to SC without her playing. :D:confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing anything other than that Wilson bumped her head and is under the concussion protocol. Staley didn't get where she is by avoiding things. In addition this nationally televised game would have been a great stage for Wilson to enhance her POY credentials.

I only hope that when the "committee" gets around to looking at Tenn's "big wins" they notice that in their only 3 wins against an elite team (assuming Tenn comes back in this one), Wilson missed both their games and that McPhee was playing her first game back from injury and Texas played without Holmes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Watch this game and watch ND's game and remember that Jaime Nared is on the watch list for the Miller award (best small forward) and Jackie Young isn't. What an absolute and total joke.
Many of those awards are political, starting with the high school level awards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My weird conspiracy theory was that TN wants to show Wilson is not the NPOY by losing to SC without her playing. :D:confused::confused::confused:

Spoke to soon. TN opens 2nd half with 10-0 run. Did not see that coming. :confused:

Reaction Score
7:20 in the 3rd

S Car seems intent on passing inside to low posts being double teamed. They should be skilled enough to see that and know where their team mates are being left uncovered. I can't believe that Dawn doesn't have a player who can shoot 3's.

More and more it looks like S Car is a one-player team and UConn has rarely had a problem dealing with that.

Reaction Score
7:20 in the 3rd

More and more it looks like S Car is a one-player team and UConn has rarely had a problem dealing with that.

SC offense has been built, practiced, and committed to bringing ball over half court, finding Wilson around the key, dumping it in and letting her spin or drive and either score or be fouled or both. They are lost figuring out any alternative. And right now their spirit and heart seem gone - and that’s not something you’d expect from a Staley coached team

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well now that Tennessee is ahead, I guess it's time to switch to making fun of South Carolina.

This game really gives you an appreciation for how good Wilson is.

South Carolina perhaps in trouble next year?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So did TENN just realize in the 2nd half that Wilson isn't there? :p

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well now that Tennessee is ahead, I guess it's time to switch to making fun of South Carolina.

This game really gives you an appreciation for how good Wilson is.

South Carolina perhaps in trouble next year?
No, they are very young and inexperienced. This group out there reminds me of the 4th quarter of UConn games with their young charges on the floor

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Why is Harris, the only experienced ball handler throwing the in bound pass?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
So Tennessee will finish as 7th seed in the SEC Tourney at 11-5.

How lucky are the Vols that 2 of their wins in SEC are over a Wilson-less South Carolina. They should be 9-7.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No, they are very young and inexperienced. This group out there reminds me of the 4th quarter of UConn games with their young charges on the floor

I just don't see who is going to step up and be a star. To be at the elite level (top 10 teams in the country) you need multiple stars or one transcendent player and some good role players. Who will be the stars going forward for SCar? Ty Harris? Te'a Cooper?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I sure am glad Rennia Davis is not a senior :)

Reaction Score
Watch this game and watch ND's game and remember that Jaime Nared is on the watch list for the Miller award (best small forward) and Jackie Young isn't. What an absolute and total joke.
Nared is a senior, Young is a sophomore. I don't agree with that but it is a huge factor.

Agree. I remember back several years in Coates' freshman year I believe. S Carolina had graduated several starters and was thought to be in rebuilding mode but ended up at or near the top of the SEC with a team that relied on defense. Kind of like how every year Oregon St is dismissed preseason because of who they lost to graduation.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Gee, at the end of the game, the Coaches look like they actually like each other.

Reaction Score
I sure am glad Rennia Davis is not a senior :)

She also goes from being a role player to being a go-to leader. Big differense. I remember Bjorkland as a great freshman role player who never was able to be the leader. Same with Simmons and Massengale. Nared and Russell are about 2/3's of Tenn's offense and defense in the sense that everything revolves around those two. tenn loses a lot more than their numbers next year and I hope no one thinks that freshmen are going to come close to replacing what they contributed.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Agree. I remember back several years in Coates' freshman year I believe. S Carolina had graduated several starters and was thought to be in rebuilding mode but ended up at or near the top of the SEC with a team that relied on defense.

They had Tiffany Mitchell then. I'm not sure they have anybody with the potential to be as good as Mitchell in the pipeline. But time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom