South Carolina post game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina post game thread

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Reading some comments on the chat and there are some negative comments, especially about the defense and Ono's play. Anyone who finds something bad to say about tonight's performance, is just being unfair. We already knew the defense needed to improve and it did in the third quarter when it was most needed. Seems some people are just hard to please.

And when you think about how hot SC was shooting you have to wonder how many other teams (Even top teams) would have kept their composure through that and kept running their stuff without losing their minds. Just an awesome job by UCONN.

Reaction Score
Was really a great game to watch! Loved the first half and the second was typical UConn pulling away.

Glad Geno threw some praise toward MW and Ono.

It's going to be a fun tournament. You can feel the joy that all the announcers and analysts feel for this upcoming March.

Reaction Score
Had to love the all-around effort tonight. Cuevas was a killer for So. Carolina. I think changing up the defenses was key to the 3rd quarter run. As much as I like Lobo and Lawson I wish these guys would spend more time on the game and not concerning themselves with their Hollywood best side and spending time on whether something was a block and other frivolities.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Very satisfying win, 6 players showed up. What is with the officials though, terrible game for them.
I can't think of the name of the female ref with the ponytail but her and that male ref always seem to make strange calls that go against. There were not many fouls called tonight but, I wonder why those two seem to call so many of UConn's big games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
These ladies seem to like the home cooking. A real nice home stand all the way around. Bird and Wilson were funny. Would love to hear the out takes.

It was impossible to watch the slam fest during the game with the split screen but they have it on Watch ESPN replay. I will enjoy soaking it up (with Eric Friede). :D:D:D:D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As happy as I am with the win tonight, I'm concerned with how unbalanced the scoring is among our starters.....5 4 3 2 1 Just kidding!

Reaction Score
I can't think of the name of the female ref with the ponytail but her and that male ref always seem to make strange calls that go against. There were not many fouls called tonight but, I wonder why those two seem to call so many of UConn's big games.
Are they ever forced to watch a replay of the game and try to learn from it? They weren’t too bad in the first half, but a lot of strange calls and no calls in the second half. Fortunately it did not change the outcome.

Reaction Score
Thought I would start one up. Some general comments.

- Great big game feel tonight.
- Sigh of relief for all of us who already purchased our tickets to the Albany region
- Dawn has completely remade the Gamecocks this year into a much quicker more dangerous team. I would not count them out in the SEC tournament
Dawn one of the few non-UConn coaches I would like to meet. Seems to understand strategy as well as anyone and I like her focus during game. Intense but never out of control.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Loved the first half and the second was typical UConn pulling away.

Funny, I love the second half and had the opposite reaction to the first BUT I still have not seen the game. Long story.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
What happened on the backcourt violation that wasn't called?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Slow to get post game videos up Are they on UConn Facebook? I dumped Facebook maybe 2-3 years ago.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This game also proves what many people have been saying....From now on, in non-blowout games: SIX
players will be used.

In a BIG game where Liv was needed because of Megan's foul trouble, she came through. 2 points, 2 rebounds and 3 blocks in 9 minutes. The biggest take a way was she did not hurt them while she was in there. She had lots of opportunities, but she didn't. Those 3 blocks where huge. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

?!? :confused: I replayed that play twice right after the call. No one from UConn came close to tipping the ball. He either had a bad angle, or he was seeing things. Geno went ballistic after that non call. I'm surprised one of the other officials didn't help him out. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The win is great and Lou, Pheesa and Crystal played even better. But for me the most exciting thing was watching Christyn bring her game. This was the third straight game where offensively her game continued to elevate. Very exciting. It was also great to see the team clamp down on SCar in the 2nd period, and watching Liv clog the middle of the zone was just a treat. Something real good to build on for the Cotillion.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I saw one of the refs signaling it was tipped by UConn. Lou seemed incredulous at that call.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Now we know what the team looks like when all 5 starters +1 come to play. With Crystal, Megan, and Christyn all attacking the basket, the defenses had to readjust, leaving Lou and Napheesa more open. They don’t need a lot of room, just an opening. Man, Napheesa made some tough, tough shots today and some of Lou’s rebounds were FIERCE.

This was classic UConn basketball against a pretty darn good opponent who shot the lights out in the first half. Kudos to South Carolina. They were unfortunate to get the Huskies when they were running on all cylinders

Lol no kidding. I mentioned this in another thread yesterday. South Carolina usually gets Connecticut’s best game of the year. I watched your games vs. Baylor, Louisville and a few others and tonight the Huskies were ON in a way they haven’t been all year. I’m used to it at this point haha..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom