Sources: Kevin Ollie starts contract talks with UConn but hasn't ruled out NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sources: Kevin Ollie starts contract talks with UConn but hasn't ruled out NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hoiberg just got a bump to $2.6M, and like KO he's coveted by NBA teams because of his NBA background and coaching acumen. Jax's salary shouldn't really come into play when discussing what KO might get.

Don't forget the KD card, that's money. And if Hoiberg is getting $2.6M, how can Ollie accept less? And you're right, there was no market for Jackson he's irrelevant. Then there's the fact that if Ollie bolts, so does our highest ranked recruit in years.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the KD card, that's money. And if Hoiberg is getting $2.6M, how can Ollie accept less? And you're right, there was no market for Jackson he's irrelevant. Then there's the fact that if Ollie bolts, so does our highest ranked recruit in years.
Wait, where's Drummond going?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Two Three years is years, dopes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope KO give Warde a little stress for only giving him a short term contract, serves warde right. He's staying.

Reaction Score
I hope KO give Warde a little stress for only giving him a short term contract, serves warde right. He's staying.
what warde did was prudent, at the time. and once it became evident Ollie was the hotshot Calhoun believed he was, he got a really nice contract.

and now a year and a half later he's going to get a really, really nice contract. warde hasn't exactly been pinching pennies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hoiberg just got a bump to $2.6M, and like KO he's coveted by NBA teams because of his NBA background and coaching acumen. Jax's salary shouldn't really come into play when discussing what KO might get.

Well apparently Hoiberg is not a lock to stay in Ames. Bill Simmons tweeted out that if Thibodeau goes to LAL (they are seeking permission to talk), Chicago may reach out to Fred.

I don't know what Jackson's market has to do with anything. He got $2,000,000 with no coaching experience. Jason Kidd got $2.5M. My point is, put Ollie's salary on par with an NBA salary and he's locked up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know what Jackson's market has to do with anything. He got $2,000,000 with no coaching experience. Jason Kidd got $2.5M. My point is, put Ollie's salary on par with an NBA salary and he's locked up.

I don't think you understand the concept of market.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I won't link it up but thought it should be said here: Cuse fans went from mocking our confidence in Ollie with the line "Kevin Ollie knows Lebron James" to actually using that as one of the reasons the Lakers might go after him.

What a difference a year makes.

pj

Reaction Score
This explains the team meeting the other night. "Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know. You're going to see stories in the news saying I have interest in the NBA. My agent is planting those stories as part of my contract negotiations, in order to help me get more money. I want you to know you shouldn't pay any attention to those stories. It's just a negotiating ploy, I'm not going anywhere."

Reaction Score
yeah, thankfully it wasn't shaka, the warde bashing is deserving considering how long calhoun was here and what he did for the program. I have no issues with calhoun naming a successor
You also have no idea what you're talking about.

It's been said many times, but I guess I'll say it again: Warde waited until the first-semester grades were in before giving Ollie a long-term extension. Those two factors were related.

(But it's also laughable how some people bash Warde for not just blinding signing a guy who literally had zero head coaching experience at the time. No matter how many coaches he played for and stars he played with, actually being a head coach is very, very different. What's wrong with waiting a few months to make sure he's the right guy - even if it costs you a little extra - rather than giving a guy a big contract right away, only to find out he's not a good fit? Sounds pretty responsible to me.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You also have no idea what you're talking about.

It's been said many times, but I guess I'll say it again: Warde waited until the first-semester grades were in before giving Ollie a long-term extension. Those two factors were related.

(But it's also laughable how some people bash Warde for not just blinding signing a guy who literally had zero head coaching experience at the time. No matter how many coaches he played for and stars he played with, actually being a head coach is very, very different. What's wrong with waiting a few months to make sure he's the right guy - even if it costs you a little extra - rather than giving a guy a big contract right away, only to find out he's not a good fit? Sounds pretty responsible to me.)

it wasn't just about the timing, it was about how he handled the whole process, that JC had to force his hand by retiring when he did. didn't know you were an insider

Reaction Score
LOL to all of those that bashed Warde for not locking him up early and wasting all of that money.

Reaction Score
Is anyone as insulted as I am that Dom Amore doesn't cite the boneyard as his "source"? Clearly, he is the last to know just about anything. What a beat writer!!!!!!

Reaction Score
it wasn't just about the timing, it was about how he handled the whole process, that JC had to force his hand by retiring when he did. didn't know you were an insider

Warde Manuel handled that as well as you could've possibly hoped for.

Shut up with this nonsense already.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
On the other hand, Shabazz Napier.

DD was basically playing the best ball of his career at UConn at the very end. If he had done that his entire senior year, you can't tell me that he wouldn't have risen well high in the first round.

How short our collective memory is. Do you remember how DD finished his sophomore season? He was a beast. And all of us projected that into a full junior season and thankfully it happened when it mattered most but you can't say that the DD of the regular season was an improvement over how he finished his sophomore year. We have no idea how his finish to his junior year would have translated into next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom