Some Interesting JC thoughts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Some Interesting JC thoughts

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I thought that at first. But then I considered that Ray and KO are involved in this lawsuit and Calhoun is still involved with UConn. It may be that Ray and JC realize a public meeting and comments could be problematic. So the eventually probably means "until the KO thing is resolved".
Me thinks JC is stating that people will eventually move past their anger and be family again. That's the way things usually work out. However I'm sure many of us know situations where family members fail to resolve things. So this is TBD.

What I love is the irony in this thread. You can almost pin point when KO went off the rails. It was right after his wife declared she wanted a divorce. Whether KO was responsible or not he became embittered as a result of it. He took it out on everyone. The argument he was getting paid more than enough to rise above this situation and not let it bleed onto his work is what we hope people can do. In my experience I find people seldom being able to do this money or no money.

Many people in this thread, those who are in every thread in which KO comes up, have made the arguement KO should have risen above his emotional angers. And yet these are the same people who have demonstrated they are the least able to do this with their own "suffering".

What are they angry about? The program is destroyed? Hope not. I'm planning on going to C of C tournament and just convinced my wife to join me. We still have a program. And the future looks bright. So what are people miserable about? Three, four years of enduring bad games? Can we legitimately make the case that our suffering from four years of horrible play outweighs the misery which results from when a long term relationship ends?

Was UConn's reputation destroyed? Nothing is happening that even remotely comes close to scandals at UNC, Louisville, Miami, Baylor, Michigan State and many others. Have those scandals severely impacted the function of those respective universities? And why make an argument that sports is the most important matter concerning universities? It's not.

These are the rational arguments to this situation, at least in my opinion. However I understand the misery that people in this thread and similar threads have gone through. This is the team and sport I most align my feelings and external identity with. I suffered as much as any fan with each loss, knowing that things could have, should have been better. So what? Do I need to blame KO for this when all I have to do is rise above what KO did?

That's the elephant in this forum. Suffering is suffering. There is no scale that can objectively measure if any reaction from suffering is justifiable. We frequently insist on what the behavior should be in others even as we struggle with the same inability to react differently. I can't tell KO what he should have done or do. Same with Ray. Same with anyone in this forum. I can suggest there is a better way to react when I have a chance to be in contact with a person. But if a person is unable to do this because their state of mind isn't ready to accomplish it, I have one of three options remaining. Either stop offering advice, be angry at those people because they ignored my advice or be sympathetic to these people, understanding their reactions, and trying to continue to be supportive of the process.

Once upon a time I took that third option. I think it's the best option. It has the greatest potential to solve situations. However several years ago I consciously chose to shift. I wanted to know what it was like to express oneself with little or no perspective other than my own. It was fun. It was easy, much easier than trying to stay above the fray. And I just became another reactive angry voice in a maelstrom of reactive angry voices. It was wrong, at least for me. So I've been trying to regain who I was before going down that rabbit hole. It hasn't been easy. I went from trying to be supportive, to being part of the anger, to being mostly absent, to now attempting to regain what I was.

I hope people can find a way to reduce their pain over this bad chapter. I hope KO can become the inspirational person he was before the cascading negative events began. I hope Ray can heal broken bonds. And most of all I hope one or two Boneyarders who have not done so already, move on from the impacts KO and the past several seasons have had on their lives.

Reaction Score
KO/Ray/JC now Glen Miller. Please this thread has now turned into a nightmare of thoughts. Let's just say this, Jim Calhoun knows more about everything that happened than any of us on this thread. I'm going to go with JC that it was ok for him to hire Miller I could give a rats butt what anyone else thinks. He's the father of these guys and the program they put together so I trust he did what was fine in compared to what one of them did to destroy his program.

Crazy stuff, shut this down!

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Like I always say when a couple with whom we are close--be it family, friends or acquaintances--breaks up: you never truly know what goes on in someone else's relationship.

I think the same applies here. No one here really knows what went down between and among the various people who are involved in this unfortunate drama, and it's probably for the better that we don't.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think you should set up a conference call with the former UConn players and set them straight.
Geesh you keep beating this dead horse... If no one can post here without first having a discussion with coaches/players involved first, the BY is going to have to shut down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even though JC hired him before the NCAA requested he come in to testify?
To keep it simple for you, your right hand guy that is with you right now today is the same guy who actively went about trying to further destroy a member of the "family". It raises red flags...

CL82

Reaction Score
To keep it simple for you, your right hand guy that is with you right now today is the same guy who actively went about trying to further destroy a member of the "family". It raises red flags...
GM is also a member of the family, who was out of work being fired by another member of the family. He is given a job. At some point later, he is called to testify before the NCAA. How exactly is that Jim Calhoun's fault?

Reaction Score
V

Very good, thank you. Just landed at JFK back from St. Lucia.
Where did you stay there? Went there a couple years ago and had a great time. The sun must be hot as hell this time of year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
GM is also a member of the family, who was out of work being fired by another member of the family. He is given a job. At some point later, he is called to testify before the NCAA. How exactly is that Jim Calhoun's fault?

The only family Miller is a member of is the Manson family.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I should even be joking like this lol but let's go all the way down the rabbit hole here. Read this with the voice of some South Park caricature of a conspiracy theorist:

Well, what was the REAL reason GM sang to get KO show-caused? I'm sorry but I have to be skeptical that any given person would be so spiteful over getting fired that they would just spontaneously brand themselves a rat for no reason other than revenge. I'd think watching the program burn without him, if anything, would maybe feel a little good.

GM is an undeniable part of the UConn family. He was there to help build the program from nothing in the Big East, and came back to help it transition from JC to KO. I understand he may really love UConn; but it's certainly nowhere near enough "his program" that he'd feel like branding himself a rat over saving the basketball program from KO. That'd be some serious martyrdom, and for what?

So who has the most -or anything, really- to gain from GM ratting to the NCAA?

Reaction Score
I have no problem talking with Ray and those guys, eventually."

Interesting.
Even if JC and Ray were to talk now. What would they talk about? Certainly not KO as long as legal proceedings still going on. If I was KOs lawyer and knew they had a clear the air discussion, I would subpoena both of them immediately

Reaction Score
V

Very good, thank you. Just landed at JFK back from St. Lucia.
Where did you stay? We went there about 20 years ago for our daughter’s wedding. They were at Sandals, and we stayed at a place called the Windjammer. Was a great couple of days. Beautiful place.

CL82

Reaction Score
Even if JC and Ray were to talk now. What would they talk about? Certainly not KO as long as legal proceedings still going on. If I was KOs lawyer and knew they had a clear the air discussion, I would subpoena both of them immediately
“Hey Ray how’s the family?”

“Good good thanks for asking. Hey coach how are you feeling? You going to coach again?”

“Definitely Ray! I really love being back. Stop by sometime. I know the guys would love to see you...”

In other words the kind of stuff we all talk about. Nothing.

C

Chief00

I think everyone likes/loves Ray but of course boneyarders are gonna call him out when he acts like a ding-dong.
Quite frankly, I was always more of a Rip fan. I thought for years Jim talked Ray up a little too much compared to Rip. Things change.
It’s amazing how quickly people forget Jim got KO hired as head coach. I do think Jim’s recent alliance with GM hasn’t served him well. The word “eventually” shows Calhoun still holds grudges despite all this maturity talk. I don’t see this ending well before it’s effectively too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I work with a relative of a former player who played under JC but not with KO(they don't know what a boneyard is so I'm good), JC hiring Miller as his right hand man is a major issue given Miller turned himself into a weapon(or was turned into...) for the school against KO. Ya'll can rehash your same old arguments over and over that have been beat to death on this board for years now, I don't know where some of you dudes are from where that type of stuff is cool if we are "family".
Agree that Miller is toxic with almost all of Calhoun’s former players.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ya know, the more I read about this, the more I just don't care or have a dog in this fight.

The whole thing is completely bush league and reflects badly on the school, AD, Ollie, and Calhoun.

At this point, with all due respect, I'm sick of this stupid drama playing out in front the CT Media (lol) between two EX-UConn coaches.

Can only imagine that Danny wants them all to just shut up too so he can run his program without this BS lingering.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ya know, the more I read about this, the more I just don't care or have a dog in this fight.

The whole thing is completely bush league and reflects badly on the school, AD, Ollie, and Calhoun.

At this point, with all due respect, I'm sick of this stupid drama playing out in front the CT Media (lol) between two EX-UConn coaches.

Can only imagine that Danny wants them all to just shut up too so he can run his program without this BS lingering.

Great point that the media is climbing over each other to get the scoops.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score

Didn't this happen after KO stiff armed JC? Where was this family then? In other words, KO caused the break with the family, not GM, not JC. And if you think JC has forgotten this, you don't know the man...

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom