Some Interesting JC thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Interesting JC thoughts

Reaction Score
What ? ????!!! Ok ... go that way.

You can view the Ollie contract in a few different ways. And mostly it is not black & white as many of you portray. (and that is not meant to be the racial play KO unfortunately took it) He was fired because he did not achieve the expectations of UConn BB. The Universities charges of rule breaking - in contrast to the sport's environment we are in - are not earth-shattering.
“Non earth shattering” violations have crippled this program before. Who gives a damn if they’re not earth shattering. He put the program at risk while also being terrible at his job. He’s owed nothing. Both things are true. When it comes to UConn the rules he broke were significant l. The NCAA would love to screw us

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Instead of talking through the media, maybe Ray, or Calhoun could just pick up the phone?

I don't really have a problem with either of their comments, Ray is sticking up for his buddy and Calhoun is sticking up for his program.

Some of you are really going to sit here and act like you haven't stood by the side of a friend who is in a tough spot?

Reaction Score
“Non earth shattering” violations have crippled this program before. Who gives a damn if they’re not earth shattering. He put the program at risk while also being terrible at his job. He’s owed nothing. Both things are true. When it comes to UConn the rules he broke were significant l. The NCAA would love to screw us

You simply are not experienced in considering this type of decision. Maybe you're a taxpayer. Fact is ... this is damaging and silly. It should be settled. Certainly for way less than Ollie first was suing for.

Reaction Score
You simply are not experienced in considering this type of decision. Maybe you're a taxpayer. Fact is ... this is damaging and silly. It should be settled. Certainly for way less than Ollie first was suing for.
Two parties have to be at the table to settle. Reports are that KO was unwilling to settle for anything less than 100%. We don't know the facts, but there's no strong evidence that this would have been behind us if UConn was just willing to negotiate.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Instead of talking through the media, maybe Ray, or Calhoun could just pick up the phone?

I don't really have a problem with either of their comments, Ray is sticking up for his buddy and Calhoun is sticking up for his program.

Some of you are really going to sit here and act like you haven't stood by the side of a friend who is in a tough spot?

I think JC is savvy enough to know what he is saying publicly and the effect it will have on the narrative. A fire-spitter for sure, but he is a master manipulator on and off the court.

Those words and the timing weren't by accident or a slip of the tongue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

You can view the Ollie contract in a few different ways. And mostly it is not black & white as many of you portray. (and that is not meant to be the racial play KO unfortunately took it) He was fired because he did not achieve the expectations of UConn BB. The Universities charges of rule breaking - in contrast to the sport's environment we are in - are not earth-shattering.
Perhaps, perhaps not, but since "being earth-shattering" isn't a requirement for termination for just cause, the point is moot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pepe’s Pizza>>Jim Calhoun ;)

>>Mr. Basketball was recently spotted enjoying lunch at the famous Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven on Monday.

Ray Allen, the two-time NBA champion and ten-time NBA All-star, was having lunch with his two boys. According to Pepe's Facebook post, they enjoyed a pizza with mozzarella, sausage, mushrooms and garlic while his sons had a pepperoni pizza.<<
Well there you go. He was at Pepe's. I mean it was not like just at Modern, or something.

Reaction Score
Pepe’s Pizza>>Jim Calhoun ;)

>>Mr. Basketball was recently spotted enjoying lunch at the famous Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven on Monday.

Ray Allen, the two-time NBA champion and ten-time NBA All-star, was having lunch with his two boys. According to Pepe's Facebook post, they enjoyed a pizza with mozzarella, sausage, mushrooms and garlic while his sons had a pepperoni pizza.<<
Ray needs to grow up. Calhoun is 77 years of age and we don't know how many years he has left, Ray should have been there.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think JC is savvy enough to know what he is saying publicly and the effect it will have on the narrative. A fire-spitter for sure, but he is a master manipulator on and off the court.

Those words and the timing weren't by accident or a slip of the tongue.

I don't know. You think he was trying to make a statement via Dave Borges Twitter feed?

Reaction Score
The players that played with and know KO are going to take his side because the “violations” seem minor to them. They probably saw worse things happen that went unnoticed and unpunished under Calhoun. So while KO may indeed be culpable, they feel he is owed the money. They are all taking this thing against one of their brothers personally. UCONN can win against KO for the money but is it worth the bad publicity and continuing bad will of many former players? Not smart.

Reaction Score
and Ray made close to 200 million in part becuase of the coaching by the hall of fame man hosting the event.
...and JC was successful in part because players like Ray chose JC and UConn. Ray is a grown man with many years spent as a top performer in the NCAA and at the top of his profession in the NBA. He knows a heckuva lot more about the intricacies of this situation than any keyboard warrior on the BY.

#finepeopleonbothsides

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The players that played with and know KO are going to take his side because the “violations” seem minor to them. They probably saw worse things happen that went unnoticed and unpunished under Calhoun. So while KO may indeed be culpable, they feel he is owed the money. They are all taking this thing against one of their brothers personally. UCONN can win against KO for the money but is it worth the bad publicity and continuing bad will of many former players? Not smart.

KO dragged the family down. He dragged the brand down. He let the kids in the program down. Loyalty or no loyalty, KO left the program in a much weaker position than he inherited it. He needs to own that.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

Spot on. End of the day, with as much respect I have for KO, it all came down to wins and losses. I believe KO will bounce back (not to say he has not). Would not surprise me if he moved back into the league. KD is right down the street.

Reaction Score
Easily the all time best thing about the Boneyard is when the BY turned on Ray Friggin Allen.

Random posters lecturing Ray Friggin Allen about how he should feel can’t be topped.
I think everyone likes/loves Ray but of course boneyarders are gonna call him out when he acts like a ding-dong.

Reaction Score
Ray loves golf and misses nothing that has to do with it. You would think especially since the coach he adored and helped become the man he is today is running a fundraiser I'm guessing he hardly ever missed before. Love Ray but this is not a good look he wasn't golfing in Jims charity event period!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The “eventually” in that quote stood out to me. That seems like there really is some bad blood. Sad situation.

I thought that at first. But then I considered that Ray and KO are involved in this lawsuit and Calhoun is still involved with UConn. It may be that Ray and JC realize a public meeting and comments could be problematic. So the eventually probably means "until the KO thing is resolved".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom