Some Interesting JC thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some Interesting JC thoughts

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think JC is savvy enough to know what he is saying publicly and the effect it will have on the narrative. A fire-spitter for sure, but he is a master manipulator on and off the court.

Those words and the timing weren't by accident or a slip of the tongue.
So you are in essence saying Calhoun is calling out Ray and "those guys" (Olle? Rip? Donny?) but leaving the door open for reconciliation. Interesting.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I thought that at first. But then I considered that Ray and KO are involved in this lawsuit and Calhoun is still involved with UConn. It may be that Ray and JC realize a public meeting and comments could be problematic. So the eventually probably means "until the KO thing is resolved".
Doubt it. Everyone just stays away from the topic in any material way.

Reaction Score
Pretty easy to understand why some ex-players aren't really rocking with JC right now, not sure why folks are skirting around the obvious but I get that you dudes lose all sense of reality when it comes to the KO/JC/UConn stuff.

Reaction Score
Pretty easy to understand why some ex-players aren't really rocking with JC right now, not sure why folks are skirting around the obvious but I get that you dudes lose all sense of reality when it comes to the KO/JC/UConn stuff.
What's the obvious folks are skirting around?

Reaction Score
Just heard a radio promo for KO’s charity tournament. Wonder if more former players will attend that one?

Reaction Score
What's the obvious folks are skirting around?
I work with a relative of a former player who played under JC but not with KO(they don't know what a boneyard is so I'm good), JC hiring Miller as his right hand man is a major issue given Miller turned himself into a weapon(or was turned into...) for the school against KO. Ya'll can rehash your same old arguments over and over that have been beat to death on this board for years now, I don't know where some of you dudes are from where that type of stuff is cool if we are "family".

Reaction Score
Some of you are beyond belief. I am not sure if some of these posts are sarcastic or real. I feel bad if some of you ever have an issue with family or close friends. You write people off in a New York Minute. Damn!

Reaction Score
I work with a relative of a former player who played under JC but not with KO(they don't know what a boneyard is so I'm good), JC hiring Miller as his right hand man is a major issue given Miller turned himself into a weapon(or was turned into...) for the school against KO. Ya'll can rehash your same old arguments over and over that have been beat to death on this board for years now, I don't know where some of you dudes are from where that type of stuff is cool if we are "family".
It's much cooler to turn your back on the person who gave you everything and let him know he's no longer welcome. When you destroy the program, breach your contract and don't get what you want it's cool to sell out the person who gave you everything and accuse your family of being racists. That's what family is all about.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I will stay out of this thread. I will stay out of this thread. I will stay out of this thread.
How's married life? Hope everything works out well for you. Celebrating 42 tomorrow and been together for four years before marriage.

If anything this thread demonstrates the trail of destruction that could happen when marriages fail.

Reaction Score
Ray still narrated that ESPN piece on JC though, didn't he? I don't know the timing on all that stuff, but just saying... A lot of GM in those episodes.

Reaction Score
We should make a banner of the famous Ray Allen tweet for the practice facility
“Non earth shattering” violations have crippled this program before. Who gives a damn if they’re not earth shattering. He put the program at risk while also being terrible at his job. He’s owed nothing. Both things are true. When it comes to UConn the rules he broke were significant l. The NCAA would love to screw us

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The good will of the ex-UConn players is worth a lot, and at some point this feud crosses a point of no return with them. UConn should offer Ollie enough money that it seems like a fair settlement to the Ray Allen's of the world. If Ollie turns that down, it's on him.

Reaction Score
It's much cooler to turn your back on the person who gave you everything and let him know he's no longer welcome. When you destroy the program, breach your contract and don't get what you want it's cool to sell out the person who gave you everything and accuse your family of being racists. That's what family is all about.

I think you should set up a conference call with the former UConn players and set them straight.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Whether Ollie deserves the money or not, this is the kind of crap that UConn had to know was going to happen when they decided to fire Ollie for cause. They're going to keep that $10 million most likely, but it's going to come at a cost.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How do you know they haven't already?

How do you know they have?

When a school loses the goodwill of a Hall of Fame alumnus, it is probably doing something wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom