Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 185 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, most people in academia consider Syracuse to be equal or below UConn in terms of quality.

UConn and Syracuse graduates earn roughly the same amount post graduation and Cuse is obviously much more expensive.

I think what you're experiencing is a (slowly dying) Northeastern phenomenon that believes that private schools are inherently better than public schools which is very obviously not the case.
You have to look at the long arc of a career. There are still buckets more Syracuse high achievers in the nyc area over age 50. Over age 40 too. It’s not even close. It needs another 20 years to really play out, that is, for the recently rising Uconn alumni base to start edging out the long established others. Uconn is doing great, but my point remains Syracuse is far from dead and remains very plenty popular with people with means.

I can’t speak to the west of NYC comment, maybe people are looking at Rutty and deciding they need better alternatives.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Text from my wife at 6:25 pm today: "Did you hear Hurley is coming to UConn"

Good to know she still has no idea what I'm up to most of the time.

Imagine an honest reply?

"Yes, I've wasted more than ten hours posting more than 100 times in an epic Boneyard thread about it while waiting for his decision over the past two days, when you thought I was working or listening to you."

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for everyone that went to bed not knowing it was a done deal. I wouldn't have been able to sleep
I am well aware since 1115 last night. I just don’t know any other way to keep this thread alive and pure. I feel we must keep feeding it with the same anxiety, anticipation, spirit and general good humor or ...... it will die.

Reaction Score
I am well aware since 1115 last night. I just don’t know any other way to keep this thread alive and pure. I feel we must keep feeding it with the same anxiety, anticipation, spirit and general good humor or . it will die.
all good things must come to an end

Reaction Score
Text from my wife at 6:25 pm today: "Did you hear Hurley is coming to UConn"

Good to know she still has no idea what I'm up to most of the time.

Imagine an honest reply?

"Yes, I've wasted more than ten hours posting more than 100 times in an epic Boneyard thread about it while waiting for his decision over the past two days, when you thought I was working or listening to you."
A+

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I feel so bad for everyone that went to bed not knowing it was a done deal. I wouldn't have been able to sleep

I blame you for why I missed it. I checked out after you literally made a post consisting of only the words "go to sleep."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom