Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 184 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Which also caused UConn to become much more strict with parties by hiring more police to shut them down which sucks when you are trying to have a good time.

I guess I can understand now that I graduated lol.
I pity you guys. When I was school the drinking age was 18, so dorm parties had kegs and usually a punch made from bug juice and grain alcohol. If your RA walked in while you were drinking a six or two with your roommate watching a game, no problem just toss him one.

Spring weekend had kegs everywhere. Heck there was chugging contests at my freshman orientation weekend. I squared off against one of orientation guides. Frankly, I'm astounded that any of us still have our own livers.

Reaction Score
We've got it by a thousand posts, but still far behind it in views.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 7.16.56 PM.png

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
And for as much crap as we may give Herbst for things on the athletic side, she made that happen.

FWIW Herbst came to my place of employment and had a Q&A with all UConn alumni. She was well spoken, very knowledgeable on state and federal policy, and surprisingly charming. She did a fantastic job representing the school that day which made me pull a full 180 on my opinion of her that I developed (sort of unfairly) as an undergrad. A lot of people give her crap but I don't mind her at the helm, even with the few bad optic headlines she's had regarding spending.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
A great example of this phenomena are the Quinnipiac students that were chanting "safety school" at the UConn hockey team when they played.

That is...wrong.

With some schools that may have been the case a while back.

For Quinnipiac that was the case...never.

Yale kids chanted it at us in the preseason NIT at Gampel in 2003. It made sense. So we chanted Harvard rejects at them.

Reaction Score
I've been on this site since 2011 and 10% of my posts are on this thread. :)
Again, if we had a HoF of threads, this wins.

The MakersMuppet initial post is the best post of all-time, and there are some other good ones out there. But this one wins.

And not just because I've posted in it more than anyone else. Though that helps, I think.

Reaction Score
Also, they very clearly didn't understand the role that history plays in college sports to think they were even two or three shouting distances from us.

This was the take from nearly every college basketball fan in the state of RI the last ten days or so. It was quite amusing. Providence fans and URI fans, all steadfastly stating two down years and a lesser conference mean we're on par with A-10 teams. I could somewhat understand (but certainly not agree) the PC fans who think their job is equal to UConn's. The nutjobs who said UConn was a lateral move from URI--yikes--I don't know how so many clueless fans could be tucked into such a small state.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Since everyone has their goggles on this thread.. still some solid seats available for the 2K Classic ... see y’all there?

Reaction Score
I pity you guys. When I was school the drinking age was 18, so dorm parties had kegs and usually a punch made from bug juice and grain alcohol. If your RA walked in while you were drinking a six or two with your roommate watching a game, no problem just toss him one.

Spring weekend had kegs everywhere. Heck there was chugging contests at my freshman orientation weekend. I squared off against one of orientation guides. Frankly, I'm astounded that any of us still have our own livers.
Lol we had to have wrist bands for spring weekend you couldnt get into certain apartment complexes unless you lived there. Oh me and my roomates also got a $250+ ticket for throwing a party so that was fun

Reaction Score

Cliff Notes for those who can't watch.
  • UConn's brand/history was the biggest selling point. He has had huge respect for UConn since his playing days. "UConn represents something I couldn't pass up".
  • He had only a few schools he could see himself leaving URI for and UConn was one of them (remember, we're just a stepping stone though).
  • He was surprised by URI's offer but it was an easy decision once he got over the emotion if it. So we did, in fact, have him all along. Those 'insiders' who said the AD was confident since the offer went out on Monday were correct.
  • Pitt had no chance.

Reaction Score
Pretty clear he *loved* being at URI and this was a truly difficult decision for him. Appreciate his honesty and loyalty - hopefully it doesn't kick in in that drive from Kingston to Storrs tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom