Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 187 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
This place is going to be a morgue for the next couple of months. How are we going to be able to withstand what undoubtedly will be a lack of moaning, bitching, and sniping at each other? The football team has a coach not named Diablo that is bringing in the types of players that we'll need to compete again. Most understand that 2018 is a push for a bowl invite, but will be happy to see continued progress. Most figure that next year is really the turn around. Not even any controversy until at least the spring game.

Nothing to complain about on the basketball front right now either. KO is gone. We got our guy...one of the hot commodities in the country...and beat out other P5 schools for him. Again, we know we've got to cut him some slack in order to get his own players in, but especially if we get one more in...re-sign Akinjo or bring in a good new big...the smiles will return. The future looks bright there too.

How are we going to make it with all that positivity? I guess we have to resign ourselves to a few months of kumbaya. How boring is that going to be?

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This place is going to be a morgue for the next couple of months. How are we going to be able to withstand what undoubtedly will be a lack of moaning, bitching, and sniping at each other? The football team has a coach not named Diablo that is bringing in the types of players that we'll need to compete again. Most understand that 2018 is a push for a bowl invite, but will be happy to see continued progress. Most figure that next year is really the turn around. not even any controversy until at least the spring game.

Nothing to complain about on the basketball front right now either. KO is gone. We got our guy...one of the hot commodities in the country...and beat out other P5 schools for him. Again, we know we've got to cut him some slack in order to get his own players in, but especially if we get one more in...re-sign Akinjo or bring in a good new big...the smiles will return. The future looks bright there too.

How are we going to make it with all that positivity? I guess we have to resign ourselves to a few months of kumbaya. How boring is that going to be?
Were you here in 1999? Or 2004?

Winning brings fun times.

Reaction Score
This place is going to be a morgue for the next couple of months. How are we going to be able to withstand what undoubtedly will be a lack of moaning, bitching, and sniping at each other? The football team has a coach not named Diablo that is bringing in the types of players that we'll need to compete again. Most understand that 2018 is a push for a bowl invite, but will be happy to see continued progress. Most figure that next year is really the turn around. not even any controversy until at least the spring game.

Don't worry, after our second loss this fall the bus will be all warmed up and in reverse.

Reaction Score
My fiancé was talking about writing wedding vows...

Little did she know I was working on my BY vows.

-I vow to always be a husky fan
-I vow to check in on UConn updates via BY
-I vow to scream, yell, stand up, and fully support UConn mbb whether that is on the couch, in the stands, or on the toilet (yes I will stand and poo).
-I vow to support Coach Hurley until death do us part... or worse.

Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
(yes I will stand and poo).
1) This needs to be under your avatar.
2) Don't tell your fiancee about the standing and pooing thing. If she's already got cold feet this could push her over the edge.

Reaction Score
Thank you. I was sitting on that for over a year trying to find the right time to share it. It's been that long since something good happened.

I'm not crying.

You're crying!

It's-great to-be a-Connecticut-Husk-y

I said It's-great to-be a-Connecticut-Husky-y

Reaction Score
The football team has a coach not named Diablo that is bringing in the types of players that we'll need to compete again. Most understand that 2018 is a push for a bowl invite, but will be happy to see continued progress. Most figure that next year is really the turn around. not even any controversy until at least the spring game.
Wrong board, but, whoa Nellie, many close football followers appear to sense 2018 may be a bigger uphill battle than last season. In particular, due to losses on D, continued questions on the lines, unclear progress potential at QB, minimal RB depth, etc. Sure hope you're correct and they're wrong, but 6 wins may be a stretch to make a bowl. Showing up even more ready, playing organized, not quitting, and fighting from start to finish alone will symbolize gridiron improvement and positivity. 4, maybe 5 Ws may be more reasonable expectations; any more all the better!

Without knowing which hoop players return, how the guys returning react to new coaching, management, discipline, etc., sure hope positivity is symbolized in 20 Ws and a March Madness ticket. Similarly, actually showing up to play, looking organized, not quitting, and fighting from start to finish alone will symbolize improvement and positivity if not more Ws.

Time will tell with both programs, but at long last KO's almost in the rear view mirror with Disastro. Forward progress ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom