So what happened to all the Big XII talk? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So what happened to all the Big XII talk?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don’t have a membership but these two comments seemed pertinent:

Pokes4158
He literally said he has sources and they were told the big 12 is not done this summer. Not really click bait at that point. I think all the things you said we social media driven narratives he specifically said they don't use. Everything you said was kind of pointless there.

Robert Allen
Staff
No Gonzaga. No Memphis because those aren't happening. Arizona State not willing to go. Utah also staying put. Arizona on the fence but our sources insist Colorado and UConn are most likely.
This is what I said before. Utah has an incentive to stay. Utah State is likely near the top of the list of adds to the PAC if anyone leaves. As a state school, they’d get a rival and get more $ between the two schools. Arizona a maybe and Colorado a probably. It’s an easier move for them, their best history came in the Big 8/12.

Reaction Score
This is what I said before. Utah has an incentive to stay. Utah State is likely near the top of the list of adds to the PAC if anyone leaves. As a state school, they’d get a rival and get more $ between the two schools. Arizona a maybe and Colorado a probably. It’s an easier move for them, their best history came in the Big 8/12.
We should be ahead of Utah, no matter what incentives they have for themselves.

Great Salt Lake is a few years away from reaching its final state as a bone-dry shallow saucer full of 100 years of previously-dissolved toxic chemicals. When the winds blow those across the region, they are facing a massive ecological and public-health disaster.

Who in their right mind will want them in a conference ahead of us?

Reaction Score

Great Salt Lake is a few years away from reaching its final state as a bone-dry shallow saucer full of 100 years of previously-dissolved toxic chemicals. When the winds blow those across the region, they are facing a massive ecological and public-health disaster.

Utah is great for prospecting area … for minerals.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Great, wer're betting our success on Utah's dystopian future

Reaction Score
all I'm hearing about now is SDSU, Colorado and whatever is going with the Pac XII.

There was no way in hell the B12 was adding UConn while the PAC was on the verge of dissolving; the UConn talk this spring was silly. (MWC teams to the B12 was even dumber.)

Maybe if the PAC restabilizes, the B12 will look elsewhere, though even then I’m skeptical.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I know medic posted it in key tweets already but I think up for discussion here. Is it me or is Dodd making it sound like we’re essentially a lock with whatever PAC 12 schools come along!?! Obviously I don’t think it happens without at least one of them.

Though SDSU once believed the Pac-12 and Big 12 were interested in adding it to their respective conferences, the Big 12 has little interest in bringing SDSU aboard, sources indicated to CBS Sports this week. This despite Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark's stated intent to expand his league to the West Coast.

Rather, the Big 12's current expansion focus continues to be on UConn and any Pac-12 schools that may be shaken loose once it has a media rights deal to pitch to its membership.

Reaction Score
But they are shiny new and southern cal. Okay with them going to the PAC but should not be rewarded with BIG 12 based on their over confident behavior.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
SDSU are newbies to this realignment game we play and thus are unfamiliar with Rule 1. I am sure that it is something of a shock as it is slowly sinking in.
They did join the Big East for a day or two a decade or so ago.

Reaction Score
I know medic posted it in key tweets already but I think up for discussion here. Is it me or is Dodd making it sound like we’re essentially a lock with whatever PAC 12 schools come along!?! Obviously I don’t think it happens without at least one of them.

Though SDSU once believed the Pac-12 and Big 12 were interested in adding it to their respective conferences, the Big 12 has little interest in bringing SDSU aboard, sources indicated to CBS Sports this week. This despite Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark's stated intent to expand his league to the West Coast.

Rather, the Big 12's current expansion focus continues to be on UConn and any Pac-12 schools that may be shaken loose once it has a media rights deal to pitch to its membership.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SDSU are newbies to this realignment game we play and thus are unfamiliar with Rule 1. I am sure that it is something of a shock as it is slowly sinking in.
I think you're actually referring to conference realignment rule #2: Do not submit your resignation from a conference until you actually have a place to go.

Reaction Score
I think you're actually referring to conference realignment rule #2: Do not submit your resignation from a conference until you actually have a place to go.
LOL. Would have thought that was rule 1 through 7. Unlike our rule #1, this one should have been obvious to everyone before getting kicked in the nuts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL. Would have thought that was rule 1 through 7. Unlike our rule #1, this one should have been obvious to everyone before getting kicked in the nuts.
You would think so, right? I understand what they were trying to do with that letter, but the way it structured was... unfortunate. The language should have been structured to reconfirm membership, probably at the start and finish of the letter, and then ask for flexibility regarding the exit fee timeline. Hindsight is 20/20, but it definitely could've been more strategically written.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom