So is the roster for 2017-2018 complete? | The Boneyard

So is the roster for 2017-2018 complete?

Reaction Score
I understand Sid Wilson was a main target, but I dont follow recruiting that closely anymore. What are the chances we add another player or two for this season? Im not trying to turn this into another Tremont Waters debate either.

Reaction Score
It's unlikely we add anyone else and if we do it will not be a high caliber player.

Outside shot we get the two from UMASS but they are not eligible for next year

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I understand Sid Wilson was a main target, but I dont follow recruiting that closely anymore. What are the chances we add another player or two for this season? Im not trying to turn this into another Tremont Waters debate either.
Nobody really knows, and anyone who claims they do is lying.

I will wager, though, that we try to land one more wing, and that our doors are open to another postgrad big man. Syracuse didn't add their last piece for the 2016/17 season til the middle of the summer, and we could be in the same boat this year.

Reaction Score
We need to be recruiting 365 days a year to be competitive so the deadline for the 2017 class should be the last day of enrollment for the fall semester.

I would certainly feel better about a 11-12 man roster if we can land a player who is able to contribute, we don't need any projects or massive reaches though.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Didn't we land Deandre and Andre in August? We probably wont get kids of that caliber but we still have almost three months to get decent kids. Is it too desperate to scout good , current Div. 2 kids or NAIA kids? SMH

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Didn't we land Deandre and Andre in August? We probably wont get kids of that caliber but we still have almost three months to get decent kids. Is it too desperate to scout good , current Div. 2 kids or NAIA kids? SMH

Andre was days before the semester, IIRC. Daniels was also a bit later into the year, I want to say July. You're right, I don't see those big names coming this offseason, but it's early to say we are done.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Only 5 players of the top 150 are still available. We're still linked to Waters possibly, and there is a thread on Figueroa. Bowen looks to be the only forward of the ones available, and we would be extremely late to that party. Trace Young is an option at around #250. From a transfer standpoint, we'd be looking at the two from UMass, Devon Daniels from Utah (?), and perhaps one or two more.

Grabbing Waters would be great, and perhaps there is a grad transfer out there or another 2018 re-classification to be had...

Reaction Score
I may be misunderestimating our roster but it doesn't seem like we have enough forwards and centers to play the season, especially if anyone sustains an injury. Am I wrong about this?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I may be misunderestimating our roster but it doesn't seem like we have enough forwards and centers to play the season, especially if anyone sustains an injury. Am I wrong about this?

There are enough, but they are young, and mostly undersized. Larrier, Cobb, Diarra, Polley, Carlton, Whaley. 6 guys for three spots, although Vital will also play SF at times.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
No way. We will get one or two more players in the summer.

Reaction Score
There are enough, but they are young, and mostly undersized. Larrier, Cobb, Diarra, Polley, Carlton, Whaley. 6 guys for three spots, although Vital will also play SF at times.
As my old football coach use to say "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog"
I don't know if you noticed we played last year with two string beans at the 4 and 5
I suspect we gain some strength at those positions. Even if we give up an Inch or 2 . I'm more concerned with their speed than height

Reaction Score
George, is that you?
I been cuttin' brush and rousting out some varmits but need the roster complete because I'm gonna paint the team picture.

Reaction Score
I been cuttin' brush and rousting out some varmits but need the roster complete because I'm gonna paint the team picture.

Well, I for one just want to say I'm sorry for all the mean things I said about you and you're welcome to come back any time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As my old football coach use to say "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog"
I don't know if you noticed we played last year with two string beans at the 4 and 5
I suspect we gain some strength at those positions. Even if we give up an Inch or 2 . I'm more concerned with their speed than height

Those guys were seniors. Facey gained like 20 pounds. Basically we need to get lucky. Cobb is big enough and I hope Diarra is after a year in the program. Whaley is 220. So there's size, but all of them are untested. We need to get lucky, and we might.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whaley only weighs 200 pounds and probably overmatched for a while. If he ever contributes, it'll be sometime well down the road.

I've heard that Diarra is about 220 right now and Cobb is anywhere between 280 and 295, so that's some size there.

No real idea how big Carlton is - some places have him at 200 while Don Amore wrote that he was 235 pounds. (Amore may just make up weights...he's the one who has Cobb at 295 pounds.)

Reaction Score
Donte Clark of UMass is still out there. The deadline to withdraw is May 25th, so assuming he does, he'll either be announcing his plans to stay at UMass or he'll be transferring at which point I assume he'll begin the process of taking visits, etc.

Things have been quiet on Rooks. I know Akoy Agau visited SMU and Illinois a couple weeks ago but I'm not sure if he's planning on visiting anywhere else.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Donte Clark of UMass is still out there. The deadline to withdraw is May 25th, so assuming he does, he'll either be announcing his plans to stay at UMass or he'll be transferring at which point I assume he'll begin the process of taking visits, etc.

Things have been quiet on Rooks. I know Akoy Agau visited SMU and Illinois a couple weeks ago but I'm not sure if he's planning on visiting anywhere else.

Clark committed to Coastal Carolina several days ago, if I'm not mistaken.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whaley only weighs 200 pounds and probably overmatched for a while. If he ever contributes, it'll be sometime well down the road.

What an odd comment.

He may not contribute right away, I'm not sure. But it won't be because he is 200 pounds. 2 of the top 15 recruits in the country (Knox, Vanderbilt) are the same height and weight. In fact, Knox is 10 pounds lighter. Both are expected to contribute right away...

Reaction Score
What an odd comment.

He may not contribute right away, I'm not sure. But it won't be because he is 200 pounds. 2 of the top 15 recruits in the country (Knox, Vanderbilt) are the same height and weight. In fact, Knox is 10 pounds lighter. Both are expected to contribute right away...
But those guys have a different skill set. They are much better players at this point than whaley

Reaction Score
What an odd comment.

Yeah I think it has more to do with those guys being really good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom