So is the roster for 2017-2018 complete? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

So is the roster for 2017-2018 complete?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how hard it is to put on 25-30 lbs. of pure muscle in 6 months, let alone a year? Especially when these guys do the amount of cardio and running that they do. It's difficult.
It's not hard, it's impossible without steroids.

Reaction Score
Probably just fabricated stories for the press just to up their weight on the roster.

Unless they didn't lift in high school, you can maybe put on 1-2 lbs. a month over the course of a year if you do nothing but weight train and eat correctly and take a bunch of supplements. If you've been lifting for a while (i.e most high school athletes) its very hard to do that. The best you'll get is maybe 5 lbs. of muscle a year with dedicated training.

But basketball players who are 6'8" putting on 25 lbs. in 6 months? Impossible unless they're doing steroids and continuing to do nothing but train and eat.
Now seeing you already said the same thing I just posted.

Reaction Score
Choosing WKU tells us all we need to know about this recruitment. NEXT with an additional who cares!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
If Tremont picks WKU then we know his whole "caring about education" things was a sham.

Reaction Score

I remember hearing this about Stansbury from many people on the recruiting trail and at AAU events back in 2004 when he was at Mississippi State. I guess things haven't changed.

There was a recruit UConn was pursuing and the rumor was his camp was asking for at least $100,000. UConn backed off (at least that is what someone on the staff told me) and the kid ended up at Mississippi State. Nobody was surprised.

Reaction Score
I remember hearing this about Stansbury from many people on the recruiting trail and at AAU events back in 2004 when he was at Mississippi State. I guess things haven't changed.

There was a recruit UConn was pursuing and the rumor was his camp was asking for at least $100,000. UConn backed off (at least that is what someone on the staff told me) and the kid ended up at Mississippi State. Nobody was surprised.
I have no idea if this story is true or not. However, I can confirm that an asking price of a 100k for a top recruit is well within reason. It happens far more than people want to admit.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if this story is true or not. However, I can confirm that an asking price of a 100k for a top recruit is well within reason. It happens far more than people want to admit.
Yes it does. My brother in law used to coach high school basketball in new York. Money flies from a number of coaches. Was told never from calhoun.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Is that how he landed bender, Mario Austin and Travis outlaw?

It's funny that for all that talk, he got hit harder than anyone (initially) by the prep to pros fad. He was the first coach to lose 2 recruits straight to the NBA

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I heard a big rumor about heron like that. But no source or confirmation.

Reaction Score
I heard a big rumor about heron like that. But no source or confirmation.

Not speculating here, but basic logic tells you there is a somewhat high probability this happened. Especially with Bruce Pearl newly at the helm there looking to make a splash, a man whose character has been proven to be dishonest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom