So Carolina vs Miss State | Page 7 | The Boneyard

So Carolina vs Miss State

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
If Miss St and South Carolina are the two other #1 seeds & all happen to make it to the FF(which is unlikely).... I think both UConn and Baylor win their games handily and we have a UConn vs Baylor final.

Reaction Score
I have to admit that I underestimated Mississippi State in this game and now see why they were undefeated. Respect to Hail State and a tough hard fought victory for Dawn and her crew.

I've watched two or three of their games and have felt all along they were the real deal. They actually underperformed tonight in my opinion. If I could bear it, I would watch it again to see the extent to which Vivians troubles were of her own making, or more due to a seller defensive effort. But I can't. So I won't.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
But watching Maryland struggle since then suggests to me that they're not the same team they were early in the season. They pulled out a win against lowly Rutgers by less than ten points. Just something about ND and Maryland suggests that they're not progressing.

Baylor and Texas, however, seem to be getting stronger.
Maryland's defense has been pretty crappy as of late. That will be their Achilles heel in in the Tourney.

Reaction Score
Dawn, I'd hoped for better. Two teams that run unimaginative, static, predictable, primitive, bruteball offenses. Dawn, where's the focus and execution on the high low? Poor floor balance for both teams. The guards on both team deliver the ball late and ineffectively into the block. It's just on and on. To steal a phrase from Jim Jabir, Geno succeeds not because he teaches offensive plays, but he teaches young women how to play. In order to teach offense a coach must first learn offense. Each spot on the floor has a myriad of options which a coach needs to learn before they can teach it. This takes years of study and/or mentorship. Last year Schaefer said "That's the team we're chasing". Well, you'll chase forever if you continue to play this kind of ball.
great post! (But I still think on a given night and with certain referee calls the "twin towers" could give UConn a lot of trouble.)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
great post! (But I still think on a given night and with certain referee calls the "twin towers" could give UConn a lot of trouble.)
The refs concern me as well, because one of the things you have to do with Coates & Wilson is step in front of them and take charges, because once they lower their heads, they can't stop, and the refs have to decide whether to call a charge or a block.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think that the UConn players all moved up at least one place with the poor performance in a big game by Viviens. 4-16? Not First Team AA performance.

Could we get three First Team AA's? Napheesa, KLS, and Gabby? Plus A'ja Wilson and Plum?

Works for me.

One rough game does not make or break.

Reaction Score
Maryland matches up really well with UConn, it just does. If Maryland has a favorable draw in the tourney, UConn fans could be sweating out another matchup but for me, I'm counting on a team that Maryland doesn't match up well with to knock them off.

You do realize it was at Maryland, key UConn players were sick and UConn has improved from when we played them. The only hard match up on their team is their big Jones. I think we will defend their point Slocum better too if there is a rematch. I honestly think Florida St. would be a better game. Baylor is the only team that would really worry me though.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kaela Davis will be using this piece of equipment in all games from now on, since apparently the refs allow it:

steam-roller.jpg

Reaction Score
LOL tell me how you'll really feel? With a freshman pg running the show I think we played pretty well in the 2nd half. I do think we are a FF team and I think these ladies will prove the doubters wrong. That was probably the best defensive team we'll play the rest of the year so the low scoring, physical play didn't bother me. MSU is very good and will give a lot of teams problems this year.
OAN: Blair Schaefer was moving when she tried to set that last screen on Davis so that was a great no call.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
LOL tell me how you'll really feel? With a freshman pg running the show I think we played pretty well in the 2nd half. I do think we are a FF team and I think these ladies will prove the doubters wrong. That was probably the best defensive team we'll play the rest of the year so the low scoring, physical play didn't bother me. MSU is very good and will give a lot of teams problems this year.
OAN: Blair Schaefer was moving when she tried to set that last screen on Davis so that was a great no call.
Considering South Carolina plays UConn in February I am gonna say probably not. Also, ya never know what you're gonna get in Tourney.

Plebe

Reaction Score

No, that would be what's known as a moving screen, which is also a foul.

Reaction Score

Ah hahahahahaha. #AlternativeFacts

UConn's defense will make Miss St's look like child's play.

Reaction Score

UConn will be the best defensive team you face. You will not be lobbying those passes with Gabby and Pheese. Plus your pointguard will give us the ball 5-6 times. UConn will win by 15+ unless refs are whistle happy.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, there is one team that SC will play, that plays better team defense than what you witnessed tonight....trust me...:cool:

Noticed I said "probably".

Reaction Score
UConn will be the best defensive team you face. You will not be lobbying those passes with Gabby and Pheese. Plus your pointguard will give us the ball 5-6 times. UConn will win by 15+ unless refs are whistle happy.

If you say so only time will tell.

Reaction Score
No, that would be what's known as a moving screen, which is also a foul.
Take it from someone who was COURT SIDE! She was moving so Davis actually got screwed over for that foul.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Mississippi State is much improved and we didn't shoot well or rebound like we need to. I'll take a win and continue our SEC winning streak. Obviously, Geno is the best coach in the business so few teams will look as crisp as you guys.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State is much improved and we didn't shoot well or rebound like we need to. I'll take a win and continue our SEC winning streak. Obviously, Geno is the best coach in the business so few teams will look as crisp as you guys.
Good game. Good win for you guys. I wish we could have competitive conference games. We may as well just go to sleep and set the alarm for Feb 13 (or spend all day posting on message boards 'cuz there's nuthin' else to do...)

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
So how does MissState take 24 more shots than USC (probably because they snatched 19! offensive boards), and make 6 more baskets than USC, including 3 more treys), and win the turnover battle by 5-- and still lose? By being out-scored at the foul line by 18!
Given that UConn scores better and fouls less than MissState, we should feel some confidence going into that Feb 13 matchup. If we play our A game . . . .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I missed the 2 and 3 quarters. I see two very good teams that could give UConn plenty of trouble. The best game and crowd I've seen this year in a non UCone game.
Surely you are not serious. Teams that have trouble scoring 70 points should not give Uconn trouble. If Uconn can't beat either of these teams they don't deserve a NC. MS did not have an outside game going tonight. That is a strong point for Uconn. Also, they will be at home and I don't think the officiating will be as one sided in favor of SC as it was tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom