So am I still welcome here? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So am I still welcome here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Perry Ellis and Selden. I'm a fan of both.

Congrats Beakum, I think you guys can take this.

Self needs to tell them to calm down a bit with the 3s. I mean, you guys were hitting them today but, with such a huge advantage with Ellis, Lucas and also Selden inside, why even bother with 3s? If you go cold, it can hurt.

Thanks. I really like Perry and he will be sorely missed after this season. Perry and Selden have both been absolutely great kids and have represented the program well.

Lucas is not an effective scoring presence in the post. We typically struggle when Perry goes out, especially when the front court pairing is Traylor and Lucas which we saw in full force tonight.

If Selden plays like he did tonight then he is awesome. He had a great game against Kentucky for example. But then he will have games where he drifts and doesn't do much to impact the game. Hopefully since he is likely leaving after this year he stays aggressive because he doesn't want to go out poorly. This is really the first tournament game where he has played well.

Reaction Score
Korea Wayne showed up. When Korea Wayne shows up this offense is really tough to slow down. I think I mentioned in my scouting report that Anita Bryant needed to show up big for UCONN to have a chance. He didn't. When KU shows up to play they can be dominant on the boards, and tonight the bigs decided to show up and rebound.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched much, but I could swear I heard Nantz mention that Selden isn't a good 3 pt shooter. Selden also took some contested off balance 3s -- and made them.

I agree with you based on those numbers. I wonder if Nantz was even right about that.

If Nantz said that (I had the tv muted) then he was just making crap up.

Selden and Mason are 40% guys and Graham is 44%, those three have shot most of our threes. Of the other kids that took at least 50 threes Perry is 43%, Svi is 40% and Greene is 49% but injured right now. This is a really good shooting team for the most part and I think it's absolutely correct for them to shoot 15+ threes a game.

Reaction Score
won't be long before the ncaa follows the money and roy williams to unc and ku

Reaction Score
I didn't expect a 20 point halftime lead, but I knew you guys would fight back. I also did not expect to have the rebound advantage we had, which in my opinion was the reason it really wasn't close. Good effort Huskies and best of luck in the future.

Of course you are welcome. You are a funny man,.. and sometimes I think funny thoughts.......................

Reaction Score
It went as bad as we feared 1st half. Hard to recover from that.

Congrats beakum. KU's got a heckuva team this year. Now go win the whole thing.

I would prefer a non "Blue Blood" take it. UVA, Nova, etc. Basically anybody but Duke, UNC and Kansas. Don't want any programs perceived to be better than us to get more momentum. That's just me...

Reaction Score
If Nantz said that (I had the tv muted) then he was just making crap up.

Now that was smart. I should have done that, especially considering the entire broadcast team was barely involved in the game int the second half.

Reaction Score
Man I'm so with you! !

Too soon!! I can't believe everyone is all chummy!!
I guess I'm a brake the TV and kill the other teams mascot kinda crazy fan!

Whatever just too soon to be liking the team that just kicked my assssssssssssss

Beakumhawks has been on the Boneyard longer than 99% of the current posters.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
upload_2016-3-20_9-53-34.png

You tell me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I volunteered for hanging. We ended up with turkey sandwiches with ketchup. The mojo suffered. However, as a good faith gesture, perhaps you could volunteer for hanging next year. It could be a double hanging, as I am planning to volunteer again next year.
Sorry zy, but if I get a voice in next year's hanging I'll recommend the troll that was babbling about churchy people and washing windows. The sheer wimpiness of that guy's posts wilted any mojo that might have been borne of AugustWest's hanging.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

His original post was spot on and not something many of us wanted to hear. He was right, to compete with them we needed a lot of things to fall the right way and that did not happen. We did need Amida to be a positive factor in the game and that did not happen at all. What may have sounded arrogant was just true. We have posters who are quick to be nasty to visitors.

Reaction Score
I would prefer a non "Blue Blood" take it. UVA, Nova, etc. Basically anybody but Duke, UNC and Kansas. Don't want any programs perceived to be better than us to get more momentum. That's just me...

I get that. Me too. Just wishing beakum well since he's been a cool poster here for a long time. But would prefer an underdog to take the crown.

Reaction Score
Man I'm so with you! !

Too soon!! I can't believe everyone is all chummy!!
I guess I'm a brake the TV and kill the other teams mascot kinda crazy fan!

Whatever just too soon to be liking the team that just kicked my assssssssssssss

If we're gonna complain about other fan bases being @sshats, then we outta look in the mirror sometimes and not be hypersensitive to ANY opposing fan that pops in on our little island here. It's not always meant to be smack talk.

Reaction Score
I didn't expect a 20 point halftime lead, but I knew you guys would fight back. I also did not expect to have the rebound advantage we had, which in my opinion was the reason it really wasn't close. Good effort Huskies and best of luck in the future.

Your team is a joy to watch. Really good players who play very well together. I hope they win it all.

Reaction Score
if KU cuts down the nets, which I give them virtually no chance of, can you have Self take off the rug and Ellis dunk it in celebration.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
His original post was spot on and not something many of us wanted to hear. He was right, to compete with them we needed a lot of things to fall the right way and that did not happen. We did need Amida to be a positive factor in the game and that did not happen at all. What may have sounded arrogant was just true. We have posters who are quick to be nasty to visitors.
Bah, his original post was trolling as were his follow ups.

1. Quasi-reasonable opening post, but with sarcasm and condescension.
2. Faux hurt outrage when his post gets the predictable response.
3. Runs back to home board to report trolling and trash us behind our backs.
4. Comes back for a victory lap after the win.

Beakum's a good guy but he was a bit of a jerk this go round.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Conspiracy Kitty says:
View attachment 12704
I would have been fine if he just never came back this time. He's like that dog you own that always pisses in the house, one day he runs away, and you don't really care if he comes back. Cleaning up piss gets annoying after the 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom