SMU game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team is just not good. I actually wonder how they've won 20 games because I have never been this embarrassed watching a team play basketball. Those double screens aren't working on offense, and blocking out apparently has never been taught. How in the hell do you turn it over 10 times in one half of basketball, oh so many questions and just one answer: Dumb basketball players

Reaction Score
If you're not watching this game and wondering if a team could be any dumber then I'm not sure what you're seeing. During this run at one time Brimah and Facey put on a clinic as to where no to be. Gibbs dribbled into traffic 2-3 times, Omar Calhoun comes in the game immediately has a wide open 3 and ball fakes :eek: I could go on and on but the truth is this team is not smart enough to participate in March Madness and their balls are raisins. Like a cheap tent - NO one is near an offensive rebound, heck I'm not sure anyone is near a defensive rebound?

Wow, pitiful half, disheartening yet again.

Reaction Score
We have like six shot clock violations in one half!

The last one there's two seconds on the shot clock. We inbounds it near half court. Literally nobody moves. No play called. Nobody moves. So we throw it in to our power forward who shoots a turnaround fadeaway three. Not saying that's a great situation or phil Jackson would magically draw up a play that results in a layup. But we don't set a pick. Run a play. Literally Nothing.

How can that not be a coaching issue? I just don't get how people don't see it.

^^ THIS ^^

Reaction Score
This team is so done unless something changes in a hurry. They either need a big time comeback tonight or to make the championship game in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you all want KO to do with the back court playing the way it is. Gibbs is playing like he doesn't belong in D1. Purvis isn't playing much better. Adams is playing hurt and scared in his first true hostile environment. Omar is not a reliable ball handler and has been dribbling himself into trouble. And then there's Sam Cassell.

Reaction Score
Simply awful. No heart, No pulse, No basketball IQ and I will also say it's my feeling that Kevin O got lucky in winning the NC. Yes I like him alot but he had Calhouns players and what has this team accomplished since then ----- Nothing and its going to be the NIT again.

What next !!!!!!
I'm gonna stop you right there. Ollie hasn't been at his best but he is NOT the problem!! Not alot of coaches could make this team great. We are in constant foul trouble, no one can consistently hit shots or drive the lane effectively, and our inside game is often non-existent. And never again say KO got lucky, that team had heart like no other, and that was because KO coached the hell out of those kids. When you have kids like Shabazz, Boat and Giffey, you are gonna look like a better coach than with this roster. Stop it.

Reaction Score
Reminds me too much of watching UConn football the last 5 years. :mad:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
so hard to watch, I wish I could stop

maybe we can start having support meetings during UConn games

Hi everyone, my name is Willie, and I can't stop watching UConn basketball no matter how bad they suck

Reaction Score
temery must love these games, more traffic (and new people) than any other time

Reaction Score
I am a Giants fan. So I had that season. I am a Husky fan and I had high hopes. It's bad.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Are we allergic to the paint? Can't seem to find it on either offense or defense tonight...

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
so hard to watch, I wish I could stop

maybe we can start having support meetings during UConn games

Hi everyone, my name is Willie, and I can't stop watching UConn basketball no matter how bad they suck
Collective "Hi Willie"

Reaction Score
Hi willie, my name is Kevin and I also have trouble turning off the Huskies despite the ulcers they have created in my body.

Reaction Score
Why Miller doesn't touch the ball more in the post against man to man defenses is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom