SMU game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got back from refereeing a U9 game between one team that is good and one team that is horrible. Had to be creative with the whistle to try and keep things closer (both coached agreed) that nature would allow. Final score was 26 to 8 (the team I coach beat the same team earlier int eh week 33 to 6). Those games are tough; but, at least the kids on the horrible team tried, which is more than I am seeing from UConn right now. I need a drink.

Reaction Score
I'm confused..jack up three after three..forget totally about the interior offense until 19 mins in ..absolutely clueless on defense..what happened to one of the best defenses in the nation? They look like a completely different team.
The other team has a coach...

Reaction Score
Nice job though bringing in Sam. KO, love the guy, but he's done some :confused: stuff lately in games. While asking for his head is whacked, he needs to get better in many areas.

Reaction Score
May as well give Enoch and others who will(might) be here next year some playing time and get Purvis and Gibbs who haven't contributed jack shiet off the floor. A seven foot shot blocker that can't get into position to receive a pass inside where he might be able to do some damage, ughhh. Miller has better post up moves than Brimah. That's embarrassing not only for Brimah but for the coaching staff that failed to teach this guy anything almost all the way through his junior year. Ugly, ugly basketball. Jim Calhoun must be rolling over in his....... easy chair.

Reaction Score
Would love to see the advanced stats on our PnR game...we get absolutely nothing out of it, ever.
Largely because we NEVER give the ball to the big after he picks and rolls. What's the point of running it if you don't once feed the big after he rolls!!??

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
As of the 19 minute mark in the second half we are averaging 0.95 points per minute.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you all want KO to do with the back court playing the way it is. Gibbs is playing like he doesn't belong in D1. Purvis isn't playing much better. Adams is playing hurt and scared in his first true hostile environment. Omar is not a reliable ball handler and has been dribbling himself into trouble. And then there's Sam Cassell.
I want him to coach... Do something other than just sit there.

Reaction Score
Did he sit Adams again? Why does he punish the most inexperienced players? Your fifth year senior and your most talented player need to be held accountable. This isn't the NBA.

Reaction Score
Largely because we NEVER give the ball to the big after he picks and rolls. What's the point of running it if you don't once feed the big after he rolls!!??

Yep. Our guards never come off it with any zip or sense of attacking. It's the most passive PnR ever, hell it looks like a token action to set up something else. Both the bigs and ball handler look like they're going through the motions. Opposing teams can throw a hard hedge at it and completely negate it. Adams, every once in a while, will make a nice play or split the D.

In addition, I don't think our guards of capable of making that pass and not sure our bigs outside of Miller is capable of catching a roll pass. It's so ugly.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Beautiful!!!!! The commentators, our play, SC jr actually getting playing time.
Beautiful!!!!!

Reaction Score
Miller needs to touch the ball inside every single friggin possession. Go to it until SMU stops it.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I would love to know the real story of what's going on with these guys...there have to be some serious chemistry issues that we don't know about. This is more than a lack of talent or effort.
It'll come out during the off season. Someone will talk. It's just a bad mix of perimeter players that can't drive.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
I want to write them off but then they draw me back. How the heck is that??

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get frickin thrown out of this game. That T on Miller...give me a break.

Granted we're down 19 points yet the only 2 guys who can create a shot in Hamilton and Adams are on the bench...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom