SMU game thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zero flow....cassel should have never been on the floor...in bounce and half court execution is .....not playing at out pace....no rythe....effort is there on defense but lazy offense it killing us........fuuudddggggeeeeee

Reaction Score
Thank God for "Vikings" in one minute!

Ragnar's battle planning and leadership are far more effective than What we've been getting lately.

Could also use someone with Floki's passion.

It all makes sense now. We just need some Vikings on the team.

Reaction Score
So what's the score? We winning yet? I switched to the debate which is also awful

Reaction Score
It's like watching a mix tape of horrible plays from this season:
Ref calls a charge on an obvious block.
Flip up three's five seconds onto the shot clock.u
Gibbs loses his dribble.
Hamilton spins into a double team.
Purvis misses his lay-ups.
Brimah leaves his man on defense.
Stall for 20 seconds then not get a shot off.
Ollie gets disgusted rather than angry.
Brimah can't handle a lob.
Is there any mistake we didn't make?

Reaction Score
If I see the Elmore Index one more time I think I'm going to light my house on fire.

I agree re the Elmore index. However I do agree with his comment that UCONN has too much east- west ball movement and not enough north -south movement. How many times can we play with the ball aimlessly until the 5 second play clock and then give it away . We've done that most of the year.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand this team. So much talent no cohesion reminds me of the year after Kemba left...no true leader/identity

Reaction Score
Game turned off. What a disaster. Ollie is a mess...just like his team. He should take some notes from the WBB team before moving on to his next coaching job...

Reaction Score
I'm gonna stop you right there. Ollie hasn't been at his best but he is NOT the problem!! Not alot of coaches could make this team great. We are in constant foul trouble, no one can consistently hit shots or drive the lane effectively, and our inside game is often non-existent. And never again say KO got lucky, that team had heart like no other, and that was because KO coached the hell out of those kids. When you have kids like Shabazz, Boat and Giffey, you are gonna look like a better coach than with this roster. Stop it.

I agree about 2014. Ollie was great in March/ April. But this is not even close to the same guy.

How can you say he isn't the problem (at least a big part oF it)?

I honestly challenge you to name one thing that he's done well this year. I can list about ten things that can be directly attributed to poor coaching.

But can you name one single area/ aspect that reflects him doing a good job this year? Besides defense. That's been great. So that's the first. Name a second one. It's an honest challenge. I can't think of one.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to get frickin thrown out of this game. That T on Miller...give me a break.

Granted we're down 19 points yet the only 2 guys who can create a shot in Hamilton and Adams are on the bench...
Adams has been a big liability tonight.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand this team. So much talent no cohesion reminds me of the year after Kemba left...no true leader/identity

where exactly do you see this talent? because we have bigs who can't rebound can't post up, guards who can't create forwards who are lazy and soft and no bench

Reaction Score
Watching Ollie coach this game seriously looks like he could care less about going to the tourney. SITTING emotionless on the sideline, not calling timeouts when things get out of hand, letting players make mistake after mistake and leaving them in the game. I've finally gotten to the point this season where I can confidently say that Ollie has done a horrendous job this year. Dunno if its things going on in his personal life or if he's actually not as good a coach as we all thought he was.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Only a few times has a UConn team absolutely quit on a season and it looks like we will be adding this one to the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom