Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the TE issues in for the football team he should just come in now and play!!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
When does he plan playing didn't he commit last year?

pj

Reaction Score
Cooscoos, assuming Jordan arrives in January will he join the bball team immediately, or wait until next year?

This could be a special year but bball and spring football are a lot for a freshman.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cooscoos, assuming Jordan arrives in January will he join the bball team immediately, or wait until next year?

This could be a special year but bball and spring football are a lot for a freshman.
Possible Fuchs could arrive at UConn immediately. Lagow left the program opening up a schollie.

Reaction Score
My point is that no matter who else is on the roster, Daniel Hamilton will start. That is not a slight to Omar or Purvis. Hamilton would start at any school in the country, he is simply that good.

BTW, I love Purvis and I am thrilled that we landed him the second time around.

You're over-hyping Hamilton. The kid is a fantastic scorer, but he's not Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, or even Jeremy Lamb as of yet. As of now, there is nothing to indicate he'll be better than a kid who averaged double figures as a freshman entering his junior year, and a former McDonald's all-American with a full year of practice under his belt. Again, Hamilton is a great prospect - he's not a can't-miss, Andrew Wiggins type whose physical gifts will render the necessity to adjust to the college game irrelevant.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You're over-hyping Hamilton. The kid is a fantastic scorer, but he's not Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, or even Jeremy Lamb as of yet. As of now, there is nothing to indicate he'll be better than a kid who averaged double figures as a freshman entering his junior year, and a former McDonald's all-American with a full year of practice under his belt. Again, Hamilton is a great prospect - he's not a can't-miss, Andrew Wiggins type whose physical gifts will render the necessity to adjust to the college game irrelevant.

top ten recruits don't commit to be the 6th man. he could start almost anywhere in the country, including here.

Reaction Score
Deandre was ranked essentially the same and couldn't get off the bench his freshman year. Hamilton will likely be a star here, but you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Deandre was ranked essentially the same and couldn't get off the bench his freshman year. Hamilton will likely be a star here, but you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment
Perhaps but DD had his sister's health issue as a distraction. It had to weigh on his development. I believe she came to Ct. and he was supporting her during her treatments.

Reaction Score
I'm leaning toward Larrier over Robinson. I like his build and athleticism better for the 3. I'll say we land AMA, Snider, and Larrier for now. I'll leave Chukwu off for now, but I think he is the 2nd most important recruit next to AMA. And I think we are in a much better position with Chukwu if AMA comes to UConn. With Joseph going to Cuse and AMA in Storrs, he may just follow AMA.

PG: Snider, Purvis, Samuel
SG: Calhoun, Purvis, DHAM
SF: DHAM, Larrier, Tolksdorf
PF: AMA, Facey, Larrier
C: Nolan, Brimah, Facey

I think we'd be OK with this lineup ;)

Reaction Score
I hate to knock Dham but where is he a top ten recruit? His brother Jordan was top five in the country and came off the bench.

If Purvis can play point problem solved. If not one has to be sixth man and will get PLENTY of minutes. Maybe Omar would be the one mature enough to accept that. But some of you are are throwing Purvis/Omar on the bench way too easily, and I love DHam.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hate to knock Dham but where is he a top ten recruit? His brother Jordan was top five in the country and came off the bench.

If Purvis can play point problem solved. If not one has to be sixth man and will get PLENTY of minutes. Maybe Omar would be the one mature enough to accept that. But some of you are are throwing Purvis/Omar on the bench way too easily, and I love DHam.

he was on 247 for a long time, the last update but him at 11. after he committed jerry meyer put him as 5 and said he was the best wing in the class. i tend to think by the team he gets here he'll be a top 10 recruit again. but even if he stayed at 11 thats the closest to top ten you're going to get.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think we'd be better off with Hamilton coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this for awhile This kid's attitude and style of play just screams UConn.

Give us Abu and Larrier to go with Hamilton and Purvis, and we're more than fine.

Reaction Score

That never happens on the BY in regards to incoming recruits...

Reaction Score
Any chance we get a commitment from Larrier tomorrow? I just don't know where we stand with him. I heard VCU was in good shape with him.

Reaction Score
Everyone thought Daniel Hamilton was following his brother to UTEP and he visited UConn and committed that weekend, you just never know with recruits. I have to think he will like what he sees at UConn tomorrow.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think we'd be better off with Hamilton coming off the bench.

How can you say that without knowing what he can or will do when he gets to Storrs.

Not sure how anyone can put down any UCONN recruit "not saying you are" just think we all have to wait till they get here next summer.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

Totally agree. We've had so many second comings of the next great one who struggled at first, and some never got it, that you'd think people would learn to just wait and see. Maybe he'll be the next great one or maybe someone here already will be too good to give up a starting job. Starting isnt what matters anyway. It's minute and quality of minutes. The rest just plays out. Rày Allen didn't start as a freshman. He seems to have found a niche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom