Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Small forward Terry Larrier (6-7) from the Bronx is expected on campus next Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone is wrong.

1 - Snider (hopefully) or Samuel
2 - Purvis
3 - OC
4 - AMA/Robinson (hopefully) or Facey
5 - Nolan

Hamilton will be the 6th man. I think Purvis is improving his PG skills in order to be the second main ballhandler (like Boat or BG or Dyson) not to be the primary ballhandler.

If we have those players this is the most likely scenario. Only thing that might change is if Purvis plays the 1 (which I doubt) or if Brimah or Facey surprise and start at the 5 (which I also doubt)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Boat leaves, he's going mid second round at best. He needs to have a GIGANTIC season for him to get picked in the first round.

But for 2014-2015, I think Boat leaves.

PG - Samuel
SG - Purvis
SF - Calhoun/Hamilton
PF - Facey/Abu
F/C - Nolan/Chukwu

Assuming we get Abu and Chukwu of course. I think we would benefit having either Calhoun or Hamilton come off the bench though. We need a pass-heavy guard in there to run the offense and Purvis is not that guy (he does have another year to develop, but at NCST I saw nothing but a scorer's mentality. I know he wants to play PG, but I think he'll split time with there.)

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm thinking 50/50 shot of getting Robinson or Abu. Chances with snider or larrier even less then that.Think larrier was ares to have at one point.and snider is up in the air at the moment.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking 50/50 shot of getting Robinson or Abu. Chances with snider or larrier even less then that.Think larrier was ares to have at one point.and snider is up in the air at the moment.

Why do you think this?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

really? i like our chance with snider more than ama or anyone but Devin Robinson

Reaction Score
I have seen Larrier play and there was two head coaches there watching him, Ollie and Smart. He reminded me a lot of Rudy Gay in the fact that he is such a superior athlete but finds himself just standing around the three point line to extremely less competition.

Reaction Score
Larrier looks like the type of kid that will dominate college basketball as a junior. He's a live athlete who doesn't really know how to play yet, but he's got a hell of a lot of potential, and when his basketball abilities catch up with his physical gifts, he's going to be a monster.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
AMA 50/50 us or PC,robinson I think we're good,but been so quite who knows.larrier still have a shot but it looks like he's VCU bound unless KO goes hard on him during his visit.snider between UCONN IU Ucla and others gonna be a battle.I'm not sold on anyone yet.

Reaction Score
Everyone is wrong.

1 - Snider (hopefully) or Samuel
2 - Purvis
3 - OC
4 - AMA/Robinson (hopefully) or Facey
5 - Nolan

Hamilton will be the 6th man. I think Purvis is improving his PG skills in order to be the second main ballhandler (like Boat or BG or Dyson) not to be the primary ballhandler.
No, you're wrong. Daniel Hamilton and the bench won't be sending each other Christmas cards, they'll barely know each other. He's a top 5 guy in his class who's coming here to start and play big minutes.

D

Deleted member 3149

Actually, you're all wrong. Boat will stay his senior year to win back to back titles, and Kentan will be our rebounding machine at the 4.

1. Ryan Boatright
2. Rodney Purvis
3. Omar Calhoun
4. Kentan Facey
5. Phil Nolan

Bench:
Daniel Hamilton, Abdul Malik Abu, Devin Robinson, Terrence Samuel, Amida Brimah, Leon

Keep in mind- when there's a talented team, that usually means there's talent on the bench. Kemba nor DeAndre started as freshmen.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
AMA 50/50 us or PC,robinson I think we're good,but been so quite who knows.larrier still have a shot but it looks like he's VCU bound unless KO goes hard on him during his visit.snider between UCONN IU Ucla and others gonna be a battle.I'm not sold on anyone yet.

Throwing crap against the wall I see. You know nothing as do the rest of us fans.

I hate bad mojo and your post reeks of it

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton is a starter from day 1. Good God some people just don't get it. Hamilton will average double figures as a freshman. He isn't coming here to be a sixth man. He will be a go to guy right away.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Throwing crap against the wall I see. You know nothing as do the rest of us fans.

I hate bad mojo and your post reeks of it

I'm just realistic happens every year,we recruit a ton of guys and most go eles where.i know will get one or two but you know as well as I do AMA Robinson chuckwu and snider aren't all suiting up along side purvis and hamelton in 2014.

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton is a starter from day 1. Good God some people just don't get it. Hamilton will average double figures as a freshman. He isn't coming here to be a sixth man. He will be a go to guy right away.

You are assuming he is going to come in and either start over a 5 star guard that is 2 years older than him or a Junior that also averaged double figures as a freshman. Unless Purvis plays the 1 there is very little chance of Daniel Hamilton starting from day 1.

Reaction Score

I think it's simple. If Rodney Purvis is the best point guard on the roster, then it will be Purvis/Calhoun/Hamilton starting in the backcourt. If we land another PG who's ready to steer the ship from day 1 (or if Boatright comes back of course), then somebody gets pushed out. It's not going to be Calhoun. And if I were a betting man, I'd say it's probably not going to be the former McDonald's All-American who's effectively in his junior season.

But unless Boatright comes back, this is probably a moot point. Even if we get Snider, there's no guarantee he gets the keys to the car from day 1 (his father even admitted this). Most importantly, whoever comes off the bench could still play 30 minutes a game anyway.

Reaction Score
I think it's simple. If Rodney Purvis is the best point guard on the roster, then it will be Purvis/Calhoun/Hamilton starting in the backcourt. If we land another PG who's ready to steer the ship from day 1 (or if Boatright comes back of course), then somebody gets pushed out. It's not going to be Calhoun. And if I were a betting man, I'd say it's probably not going to be the former McDonald's All-American who's effectively in his junior season.

But unless Boatright comes back, this is probably a moot point. Even if we get Snider, there's no guarantee he gets the keys to the car from day 1 (his father even admitted this). Most importantly, whoever comes off the bench could still play 30 minutes a game anyway.

It would be so nice to have these potential problems.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I think we would be a better team with either Hamilton or Calhoun coming off the bench.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

You make some good points. That trio does sound tantalizing! But I feel like Terrence Samuel will morph into a Taliek Brown mold, with a true pass-first PG running the show with Purvis. Think Brown and Ben Gordon, I feel like that is what Samuel and Purvis will become. Plus having a lethal knockdown marksmen off the bench is a huge plus, whether it be Calhoun or Hamilton. It adds depth to our bench and makes sure nobody between the 2 and 3 spots gets overly tired.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score

You might be right. Junior/Senior years Samuel will probably be ready to start.

Reaction Score
Samuel is a ca like player for the 1st three years. Could start on the 4th

caw

Reaction Score
Well Ray Allen came off the bench as a freshman behind Ollie and Sheffer. Different times but...

Even though all three were NBA quality players it was pretty apparent after game/practice one that Ray Allen had a shot at being special even in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom