Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sidney Wilson's first visit: St. John's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dream team was before they were born.

I haven't been paying much attention - I had no idea this kid was in play for the fall.

It was before my age group was born too but I'd be shocked if my friends who care about ball don't know him.

Granted I've got a few years on the kids in question but Mullin was on tv a fair amount before he took the St. John's job. Stuff like the NBA tv doc from a couple years ago probably helps.

Reaction Score
Braziller makes Adam Zagoria look like a UConn homer by comparison (you'd think St. John's has won 4 NCs in the last 20 years from reading his TL), but FWIW

As someone who has gotten in far too many arguments with him/Ehalt about UConn, I wouldn't put much stock into what he says regarding UConn. You're spot on with the SJU homerism, and I'm fairly certain anything he says about UConn is just to egg Ehalt on

Reaction Score
Why do so many media members hate UConn?

I know it's homerstic to a degree to think there's this target on our back, but is it just as simple as Jim Calhoun being a curmudgeon to Jeff Goodman, Seth Davis, etc etc when they were just starting out in the biz?

Reaction Score
Why do so many media members hate UConn?

I know it's homerstic to a degree to think there's this target on our back, but is it just as simple as Jim Calhoun being a curmudgeon to Jeff Goodman, Seth Davis, etc etc when they were just starting out in the biz?

Because many at ESPN work in Bristol and so they hear about the Huskies all the time.

And if they're from NY or Boston, it's because UConn supplanted BC and St. John's.

And if they graduated from Syracuse, 4 > 1.

Reaction Score
Looks like it's either UCONN vs St Johns. The fact that the family accompany him on the UCONN visit is a huge plus. Very few NYC athletes who prep in New England ever want to go back to the cities that they escape for better opportunities in education n athletics. This is very good news

pj

Reaction Score
Let's hope those dog paws aren't the closest he could come to red storm clouds.

Reaction Score
Remember it's Mother's Day and Sid Wilson's mother passed away in 2015....he seems like a great kid and I hope he comes to UConn and flourishes.....if he doesn't then try and look at things through his eyes and not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom