Sid Wilson | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Reaction Score
Not sure it's gonna happen but hearing the staff is contacting the NCAA as a Hypothetical If a kid could play this year if he hasn't taken classes at another school
I feel like taking summer classes, just in theory, at another school shouldn't make it that you must sit out a year if you do decide to transfer.

Reaction Score
Not sure it's gonna happen but hearing the staff is contacting the NCAA as a Hypothetical If a kid could play this year if he hasn't taken classes at another school
They have shown they'll accommodate for family tragedies in the past; certainly can't hurt to inquire.

Reaction Score
I feel like taking summer classes, just in theory, at another school shouldn't make it that you must sit out a year if you do decide to transfer.
True, but taking classes at a school right after signing a NLI is a little different than simply enrolling for credit. My guess is that this is not a precedent the NCAA will want to make.

Reaction Score
LOL not on Emmert's watch.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
JuCo.
So, UMass.

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Sucks he won't be able to play this year, but basically redshirting for a year getting stronger and better, and coming in a class with hopefully Carey and/or Akinjo and Carrigan?? Thatd be dope

Reaction Score
Do a lot of kids don't take 12 credits over the summer? Think he was with SJU? Because if not, he may not have been considered a full-time student

Reaction Score
Possible he could be eligible in 2nd semester? Very interesting situation no doubt. Poor kid should be already practicing and getting ready but was swayed. Never too late to make the right decision though even if it is to just go to class, practice and get stronger. Good for him wherever he may land.

Reaction Score
From Borges:
The New Haven Register Blogs: UConn Men's Basketball Blog: Sid Wilson leaves St. John's; UConn should be back in picture

Wilson’s primary option at this point would seem to be to sign with another school and sit out a year as a transfer, since he already took summer courses at St. John’s. It’s not unprecedented for players to take summer classes at a college and then return to prep school. In fact, Jakarr Sampson and Ron Patterson did so at Brewster, though there were extenuating circumstances – Sampson didn’t get through the NCAA Eligibility Center, and Indiana had oversigned for Patterson’s recruiting class.

As a full-qualifier who has already taken college courses, it seems unlikely Wilson would be able to return to Brewster or any other prep school.

Reaction Score
Possible he could be eligible in 2nd semester? Very interesting situation no doubt. Poor kid should be already practicing and getting ready but was swayed. Never too late to make the right decision though even if it is to just go to class, practice and get stronger. Good for him wherever he may land.
If he's going to another D1 school he would have to sit the year unless he gets a waiver that would grant him immediate eligibility

Reaction Score

Hmm, wonder if the school would put this type of effort in for a recruit that is "not coming" to UConn.
I hope this is goods news.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

If he enrolls for second semester at uconn then he wouldn't be eligible til second semester next year to play I believe

Reaction Score
Hmm, wonder if the school would put this type of effort in for a recruit that is "not coming" to UConn.
I hope this is goods news.

If nothing else, it shows we have a fully competent athletic department willing to dot it's i's and cross it's t's

Reaction Score
If he enrolls for second semester at uconn then he wouldn't be eligible til second semester next year to play I believe

That isn't correct. If he enrolled at St. Johns, he has to sit out one year before playing somewhere else. I don't know of a requirement that he needs to be at UConn (or anywhere else) for that one year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom