Sid Wilson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse is close to landing Jordan Tucker, so hopefully he pulls the trigger before Sid Wilson does.
I swear on everything UConn basketball. KO better be headed to see this kid like 2hrs ago

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
We don't know if Sidney said this to Zagsweeks ago or just now. Hopefully some of the connected forum members can see what is happening so we have a better idea. It's a pretty obvious fit.

Reaction Score
If we aren't trying as hard for him is it because were currently focusing on waters..?

Reaction Score
Aren't O'Shae Brisset & Matthew Moyer similar enough to Sid Wilson in skill set/size? Can't see Cuse being a factor here especially since they are targeting wings/shooters, which Sid Wilson is not.... but one never knows in recruiting. Stay tuned....

Reaction Score
Half of Ant's posts on this board has been from this thread.
no, half of them were removed when fartman starting giffing the heck out of the cam reddish thread and I joined him. it was almost 7 pages of me giving him a hard time. sorry tom

Reaction Score
no, half of them were removed when fartman starting giffing the heck out of the cam reddish thread and I joined him. it was almost 7 pages of me giving him a hard time. sorry tom
Im sorry i dont recall this thread you speak of :D

Reaction Score
He'd get a ton of burn here, but I can't imagine MAL decommitting helps us here as they are close.

Let's hope Tucker's crystal ball trend to Cuse is correct.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's hope Tucker's crystal ball trend to Cuse is correct.

Georgia Tech seems to have cooled on him, they've also picked up two recent forward commits. Not much but it's something.

Reaction Score
So UConn not in Zags tweet, but is in his article with a pretty major excerpt Brewster Academy Wing Sid Wilson Planning to Go in 2017 | Zagsblog

From looking at that list and reviewing Verbal Commits, here's the what I can tell:

Texas - 2 scholarships left for 2017. Desperately needs someone at the SF; they have nothing at the moment and have little chance with Brian Bowen.

Florida - 0 scholarships left for 2017; they would have to force someone out of the program. Egor Koulechov just transferred there from Rice and they have Keith Stone who will be a rising sophomore at 6'8". They are probably looking at him as a replacement to Devin Robinson who is going into the NBA Draft but again as I mentioned someone would have to leave the program to make room for Wilson.

Maryland - 2 scholarships left for 2017; currently have Jared Nickens & Justin Jackson at SF. Jackson, who was recruited by UConn out of high school, had a great freshman year campaign averaging 10.5 PPG. Maryland has the room for Wilson but with Jackson/Nickens already there, Wilson wouldn't get serious playing time until his sophomore year.

Syracuse - 5 scholarships left (when did this happen?); they signed Oshae Brissett at 6'9" already and as others have mentioned are trending well with Jordan Tucker at 6'7". If Tucker were to sign with Cuse, Wilson would be battling with Brissett/Tucker for his entire tenure at Canada Lite for minutes. Something else to keep an eye out here is Elijah Hughes from East Carolina is transferring and will be visiting Syracuse. Another 6'6 wing player, but would be sitting out 2017 if he did join Syracuse.

UConn - 4 scholarships left; Terry Larrier. End of list of UConn SFs. In other words the playing time is here, although fingers crossed it would be interesting if Tremont did come to UConn how much time exactly is available but let's not get ahead ourselves.

Basically Ollie/Chill/Kill/Moore need to push this hard, especially if Larrier does leave after this year and Wilson becomes the guy at the 3/4. The only other school that potentially could be in need of an SF as bad as UConn is Texas; otherwise everyone else could be out of scholarships and/or playing time for 2017.

This is an eternity old but Wilson's top five back in January: UConn, Maryland, Texas, Indiana, Miami.

Furthermore, Exhibit A of how fluid recruiting is: this tweet from two months ago
"Sidney Wilson says #UConn, UCLA and Florida among schools coming hardest at him, probably won't reclassify to 2017"

And for good measure from one month ago:
“The schools that have been working the hardest are Texas, UConn and Florida,” said Wilson."

Reaction Score
This kid fits right into the lineup, I have a good feeling about this one.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Shaka was the last to visit in April according to 247.

Reaction Score
Given our current situation, Wilson is a nice piece to the puzzle because he could be best utilized on the wing in an up tempo 3 guard type of lineup that we seem destined for. He plays much stronger than his very very very skinny frame. Very skinny frame so you get the picture. In general though, I would temper expectations. I only saw Brewster in person 3-4x this year, Wilson was a very active player in all aspects of the games I saw and at the end of the game has piled up stats, but, he is more effective than he is efficient. Sort of like a Diallo, or Daniel Hamilton lite. The shot comes and goes, the handle is there and then loose, his peak play is very encouraging, he's fleet, but...don't pencil him in as an automatic impact player. Maybe he is an impact player, maybe he will be an impact player, but he is not an automatic. I will say that the team needs a 6'5 to 6'7 player like him that can play fast and match up with those types of quick players. My impression from Polley and Larrier is that they are good matchups to play taller wings but might find it tougher to match up vs real quickness at the times that they might be playing the 3 vs the 4. Similarly, our 6' guards will have their hands full with a 6'5 wing. Wilson for 2017 and/or Daniels as a transfer would really help the team.

Reaction Score
If Wilson and Waters both came here for next year, that'd be the biggest turnaround I'd ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom