Sid Wilson next year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson next year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He sat out a year and learned a system. He didn’t have any game reps for a whole year Then a new coach came in, changed the culture, and gave him a new system. I’m not judging him after this past year. At the end of the 2020 season we can start judging him

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sid should have stuck around campus and worked with the bigs with Sal given how much he needs to add weight and how important he is. This is where team leaders like AG need to step up and have a discussion with him. Calhoun may have kicked him off the team already. Calhoun HATED kids with ho-hum nonchalant attitudes.

Reaction Score
i think all criticism of sid is just. a four star recruit who sat out a year with high major practices and resources should be have expectations to perform at a much higher level then what we saw last year. some players make big leaps year to year. the jury is not out yet, we shall see

Reaction Score
Sid should have stuck around campus and worked with the bigs with Sal given how much he needs to add weight and how important he is. This is where team leaders like AG need to step up and have a discussion with him. Calhoun may have kicked him off the team already. Calhoun HATED kids with ho-hum nonchalant attitudes.

Jelly!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
i think all criticism of sid is just. a four star recruit who sat out a year with high major practices and resources should be have expectations to perform at a much higher level then what we saw last year. some players make big leaps year to year. the jury is not out yet, we shall see

That’s fair. Half this board thought he might be our best player, or second to Jalen. I thought that was nuts. Then he got suspended for six games and missed the early season tune ups when things come together. That was definitely a set back. Still I expected his shot to be much better than it was. It seems he didn’t put in the work during his year off. KO fatigue? Hurley is letting him know what he needs to do. If he does it he will be one of our best players. If not they will move on. He’s a very big IF. But nobody could mean more IF he finds his game.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Sid deserves another year to show what he’s got. He came in very raw and in a poor situation with poor coaching and leadership. Give him a chance in a new environment. He has the chance to be a very good player.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Calhoun may have kicked him off the team already

tenor.gif

This is now the second time this spring I've seen someone fantasize about Sid being kicked off the team due to his work ethic/attitude. I hope you folks are less nuts in your offline lives.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You quote a post in which I expressed skepticism of his game -- and so far I've been exactly right! Odd way to challenge my point.

You called him the type of guy who "almost always falls short of expectations" without having seen him play a minute of collegiate basketball. Even if you think this past season reflected that, are you really going to sit there with your scientist hat and tell me that's solid research methodology?

Again, you wrote him off seven months ago. The fact that you think one season validates your point says a lot.

Reaction Score
He shot 22.9% from 3. 34.9% overall and 56.1% from the line. His shooting needs a lot of work. Those are like Taliek Brown freshman year shooting numbers.
His FT shooting is not good at all, will agree there, but a while back saw him in the gym make 8 in a row from beyond the arc. He is not afraid to take the three, but that being said, still might have some freshman jitters during a game in a clutch situation.

Reaction Score
He sat out a year and learned a system. He didn’t have any game reps for a whole year Then a new coach came in, changed the culture, and gave him a new system. I’m not judging him after this past year. At the end of the 2020 season we can start judging him
He shot himself in the foot by being suspended for the most important games for a newbie to grow in.Also big number padding games.
Jumping into conference play, with no game experience can be daunting.
He missed the first six games plus missed the Tulane game for some reason.
Played fewer minutes than Whaley in the 7th . He did play more than KW though.
Broke into more significant minutes (15) against FSU, and Nova
Then had some Good games against , ECU, SMU, and Memphis where he scored 16
That’s was 20 games into the season .
This kid really missed a lot of time then rode the bench for bunch more.
Being critical of this kid’s game play is a tad premature.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bruh in case nobody ever told you, you're terrible at scouting players and have no eye for the game

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and continue to stay classy

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
mr wilson has taken a grand total of 35 3s in his career thus far, along with 91 2s. for example, the ncaa 1 game record for attempts is 245. there simply is not enuf evidence as to whether he can or cannot shoot. im optimistic that mr wilson will score the ball effectively.
For a freshman who got some minutes but never started, I'd say 35 attempts and scoring 24 points just from three's is ok.

Reaction Score
For a freshman who got some minutes but never started, I'd say 35 attempts and scoring 24 points just from three's is ok.

8/35 is terrible. And 35 is plenty of attempts.

He needs to drastically improve his shooting. Reps and form all summer long. If anyone on this board thinks otherwise, thank calhoun they're not coaching.

Reaction Score
8/35 is terrible. And 35 is plenty of attempts.

He needs to drastically improve his shooting. Reps and form all summer long. If anyone on this board thinks otherwise, thank calhoun they're not coaching.
Hurley thought otherwise, he told Sid to keep shooting, "don't be afraid to miss". Hopefully Sid won't read your post.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did he tweak his form a little?

Aren’t you paying attention to this thread? Several have spoken and he lacks the ability to improve. Pay no mind to that handle of those jumpers. It’s just the Wizard of Oz.

Reaction Score
Aren’t you paying attention to this thread? Several have spoken and he lacks the ability to improve. Pay no mind to that handle of those jumpers. It’s just the Wizard of Oz.
I don’t remember anyone saying he couldn’t improve but I don’t see anything spectacular in the video either. I’m rooting for Sid but he’s got a long way to go

Reaction Score
I don’t remember anyone saying he couldn’t improve but I don’t see anything spectacular in the video either. I’m rooting for Sid but he’s got a long way to go

Yeah agree people are a bit skeptical maybe because it seems he lacks that natural instincts of the game as well as some important skills which help you improve. But I think we all agree with an extremely hard working and attentive summer he can come back and some people up. I’m in!

Reaction Score
Because of our talent level we seem to be always trying to turn round steak into filet mignon. We need to get back to landing the Richard Hamilton’s, Donyell’s, Rudy’s, and Ray’s to get back to competitiveness then greatness. I realize it’s difficult to near impossible now but that’s the way forward and right now we can’t even get a backup center.

Reaction Score
Because of our talent level we seem to be always trying to turn round steak into filet mignon. We need to get back to landing the Richard Hamilton’s, Donyell’s, Rudy’s, and Ray’s to get back to competitiveness then greatness. I realize it’s difficult to near impossible now but that’s the way forward and right now we can’t even get a backup center.

Problem Jibs is it’s almost impossible in this day of ages recruiting to grab a top 10 from the ones who play the game required so well. Now Ray was a mid 100 recruit so yes we do need to play more in that area. Sid was Top 40? It shows what the knowledge is of those who rate these kids, they don’t look at the details which will be required next level for these high schoolers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom