Sid Wilson next year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson next year

Reaction Score
Sid will go as far and be as good as Sid's heart and desire take him
Just like Brimah went in one direction and Bazz went in another

Gtcam I honestly hope Sid has Amida’s passion and heart to be good. I don’t think he was any different from Bazz in desire but he wasn’t blessed with the natural abilities to improve all that much.

Reaction Score
He’s going to get better.

Last season he was mostly lost and played afraid.

Hurley didn’t give him any confidence with refusing to play him at first. This probably hurt Sid’s confidence and play for last season but will help it this season. I want to see him take guys off the dribble. He was able to do that in prep school but obviously this is a different level.
I have to believe he’s working hard because he knows that he won’t play if he doesn’t.

He’s athletic, long, shoots with good form and has high twitch muscles which will be easier to help him develop strength

Reaction Score

This man was the most athletic human being to ever don a UCONN jersey.

His put-back dunks were legendary.

Reaction Score
He’s going to get better.

Last season he was mostly lost and played afraid.

Hurley didn’t give him any confidence with refusing to play him at first. This probably hurt Sid’s confidence and play for last season but will help it this season. I want to see him take guys off the dribble. He was able to do that in prep school but obviously this is a different level.
I have to believe he’s working hard because he knows that he won’t play if he doesn’t.

He’s athletic, long, shoots with good form and has high twitch muscles which will be easier to help him develop strength

Wilson was suspended for a game because he wasn’t putting in the work and then later for stuff that went down the season before. You don’t reward lack of effort with minutes, and he literally couldn’t play him at first. Sid did himself no favors early on. New coach, chance to prove yourself, and he just didn’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wilson was suspended for a game because he wasn’t putting in the work. You don’t reward that with minutes. Sid did himself no favors early on. New coach, chance to prove yourself, and he just didn’t.
what do you hear now?

Reaction Score
Judging by last year he is more athlete than basketball player. At times, he looked very lost. But you can see the potential.

Nothing is preventing him from making a big jump. A year in the system should have helped. And almost every area of his game can be improved. However, if his shooting improves, we can live with the rest of it.

False

Reaction Score
Wilson was suspended for a game because he wasn’t putting in the work and then later for stuff that went down the season before. You don’t reward lack of effort with minutes, and he literally couldn’t play him at first. Sid did himself no favors early on. New coach, chance to prove yourself, and he just didn’t.

I should also add that Dan loves coaching guys like this- it’s worth it if it all comes together. He also has a short memory, anything that wasn’t done last season is forgotten. No one wants Sid to succeed more than his coach.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
OMG. Sticks as a true freshman was eight light years ahead of where Wilson was last year as a basketball player.

Cool. So he doesn’t remind you of Sticks. I didn’t say he should. I said he reminds ME of him. That’s not debatable.

Reaction Score
His defensive potential is through the roof. And he’s already had flashes
You read my mind vision
Well, he occasionally hit the three, but I'd take the under if your betting line is 35%.
How does a guy like Stanley with so much talent , not only go undrafted but really never hooks up with a decent paying overseas job.
There is a disconnect somewhere in the boards assessment.
I mean we loved him but as the old adage goes “ Love is Blind”
But let’s talk about Wilson.
Very raw offensively but underneath the mistakes I could visualize his athleticism and length integrated into Hurley’s pressure style. Something we have been lacking.
His defensive upside is huge with his offense coming off mostly our D. Running the floor ,follow up put backs etc.
Is it me or is anyone salivating at the potential huge jump in athleticism with Wilson, and the Freshman added to Gilbert , Vital, Carlton ,and Polley.
That’s going to be the quickest team we’ve had in awhile.

Reaction Score
Sticks IQ wasn't that bad at all throughout his career. His concentration level as well as his play may have been inconsistent but I always felt he had a nice idea on both ends. I would be happy if Sid comes close.
We all wish sticks was coming through the door.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't call him a wing since he has no perimeter skills: he can't dribble, pass, or shoot. He needs to be an undersized hustle/garbage 4-man.

He was so bad last year that he wouldn't have been in the rotation on a decent team.
- He shot .349 from the floor (including .396 inside the arc)
- He shot .229 from three
- In 489 minutes of playing time he had: 7 assists, 8 steals, 20 blocks, 69 rebounds

Seven assists in 489 minutes! Per 40, that was tied for last on the team with Yakwe.

Not encouraging given the lower talent level of our conference. Hurley has his work cut out for him. Hopefully Sid can be a solid contributor his junior or senior year.

What? He’s a pure wing. He should never play another minute at the 4 spot. Way undersized. Totally the wrong skill set. Whaley is an undersized hustle/garbage 4. Sid is smaller than that.

Sid can dribble a bit, but is a horrible shooter. He needs to work on that. A lot. But he’s potentially a very effective slasher taking feeds off of penetration or passes to the middle and posterizing people. He can very disruptive in pressure D, and is a weapon in transition.

Reaction Score
You read my mind vision

How does a guy like Stanley with so much talent , not only go undrafted but really never hooks up with a decent paying overseas job.
There is a disconnect somewhere in the boards assessment.
I mean we loved him but as the old adage goes “ Love is Blind”
But let’s talk about Wilson.
Very raw offensively but underneath the mistakes I could visualize his athleticism and length integrated into Hurley’s pressure style. Something we have been lacking.
His defensive upside is huge with his offense coming off mostly our D. Running the floor ,follow up put backs etc.
Is it me or is anyone salivating at the potential huge jump in athleticism with Wilson, and the Freshman added to Gilbert , Vital, Carlton ,and Polley.
That’s going to be the quickest team we’ve had in awhile.
I wouldn't characterize Carlton or Polley as quick. If they are both starters we are far from the quickest team we've had in a while.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't characterize Carlton or Polley as quick. If they are both starters we are far from the quickest team we've had in a while.
Yeah because we have had so many quick centers.

Reaction Score
Sticks might have been the most athletic player EVER on the Huskies. He could jump out of the gym. He could fly. Yes, I know that Scotty Burrell was an amazing athlete and a much better basketball player. But Sticks was a fast twitch fiber disguised as a human.

This is a good off season topic. You could make the case for a bunch of players I think.

Reaction Score
He can hit the three, and might be the best finisher we have. Where he is a liability is on defense.
Don't remember many games where I was thinking "Sid should be shooting more threes." He a plus athlete. Right now his best fit on offense is the screener in the pick and role. He should always play within 10 feet of the hoop and look to score off offensive rebounds. We're in trouble if many offensive plays are designed around Sid unfortunately.

Reaction Score
For all the schools without a K in their name, freshmen largely show their talent level and sparks of production. Sid starts with a pretty good bag. Given commitment and good coaching his future is quite bright.

Reaction Score
This is a guy who couldn’t beat out a very mediocre Tyler Polley. Has lots of athleticism but little basketball skill. If he is a key to next year it will be another disappointing one

Reaction Score
This is a guy who couldn’t beat out a very mediocre Tyler Polley. Has lots of athleticism but little basketball skill. If he is a key to next year it will be another disappointing one

You don’t think a guy who can’t dribble, pass, shoot, rebound, or defend will make major strides this summer and contribute to the team?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He wasn’t competing for time with Polley. He couldn’t beat out Vital. Polley was decent, shot over 38% from three. He needs to be more assertive.

Sid will be much better or will be off the team in some fashion in 2020-21. I think he will figure it out and has a chance to be most improved in the conference.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond is the best size adjusted athlete to play at UConn, and one of the best in the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom