Sid suspended | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He would be sitting his senior (red shirt junior) year which makes it complicated bc of transferring credits to different colleges and stuff this late in the game. So it’s not your average transfer seeing as he already has before. But I just don’t see how he comes back.

He may not be a grad transfer option, he’s need to stay the 5th year to get enough credits to graduate.
he’d have a summer plus 4 semesters. That should be enough.

Reaction Score
Jans is very similar to Hurley. If you aren’t hustling and playing defense then you don’t see the floor. Shawn Williams the transfer from ECU who torched UConn for 20 points in a game last year barely sees the floor because of his lack of defense
Good points. I know last night he got mop up minutes. All this and NMSU lost 2 starters for the year. It is Second Chance U though. A damn good 1 at that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Heard Hurley was at the Fieldhouse scouting intramural ball.
Or knocking on Geno's door asking about Anna Makurat and Aubrey Griffin.

Reaction Score
Could this be a Hurley / Ollie thing? Hurley gets called to court..... maybe Sid said something he shouldn't have

Were Sid and Ollie close?

Reaction Score
When Al missed that game, almost everyone on here said he was gone and he wasn’t. For me, this feels different though. I like Sid and always wanted him to play more. His teammates really like him too. I know he is extremely close with CV and it sucks it doesn’t look like he will be there at CV’s senior night. I don’t know if anyone else notices, but Sid looks like a kid that’s in some pain. Hopefully he can take some time for himself. Since he lost his mom its been all about basketball, away at prep school, away at college and constantly on the move and maybe never really took the time to deal with things more slowly. In his short career here he has had some amazing plays that are really memorable. The Witchita State game this year..wow! If the refs didn’t screw us, that would be a huge victory that Sid deserves the credit for.

Reaction Score
By adding a walk on and not giving a jersey to a coach

Coach? I don’t consider a student assistant coach an actual coach. It is basically an internship and he is still on scholarship. If Mamadou is an option, he’s the best option. I still want to get to the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Coach? I don’t consider a student assistant coach an actual coach. It is basically an internship and he is still on scholarship. If Mamadou is an option, he’s the best option. I still want to get to the NCAA tournament.
He's not an option

Reaction Score
Good points. I know last night he got mop up minutes. All this and NMSU lost 2 starters for the year. It is Second Chance U though. A damn good 1 at that.
We might be getting Harris back before the WAC tournament. Wish they were at full strength all season long though. They dismantled GCU and Thunder Dan last night. It’s the best they have looked since knocking off Miss State.

Reaction Score

He is still in scholarship but is our 14th scholarship. In return for taking #14 he has agreed not to play. Temi is the only option in a pinch if Garry is hurt. Wouldn't be surprised if we brought up a practice player.. but idk if Hurley keeps any

Reaction Score
I remember when Daryl “Tiger” Woods transitioned from playing football to playing intramural basketball with Cash Money to walking on the basketball team. Huge guy and good dude.
When I see Daryl I will let him know he’s getting some love on the boneyard! I’m sure he will get a kick out of this

Reaction Score
Found 4 guys on the football team 6'4"+ with basketball experience in their bio (i'm sure Edsell wouldn't mind)

RAYONTE BROWN 6’5” 255 OL

BRANDON NIEMENSKI 6’5” 215 TE

NICK HARRIS 6’5” 211 DL

ERIC WATTS 6’5” 244 DL
Considering the way we got guys going down with injuries do you think Edsall would let them?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Randy would never authorize that - but really- do you think with 1 week left in the season anyone who hasn't been a part of your team the whole year is coming in? Hurley is preserving culture and Sid is gone because he didn't buy in to that culture, dropping the team down to 7 scholarship players. DH ain't bringing in someone else. It is Temi and that is it now that Garry is hurt. 8 men period.

Reaction Score
Sid had some bum luck. He was contributing nicely right before his knee injury. These are kids and it’s a pretty familiar story for injured or benched athletes to lose focus and end up making mistakes. Many are immature and dont handle adversity very well. Some you just can’t save, but I suspect more are left to struggle and self select out than should. I’ll miss Sid and his crazy hops.

Reaction Score
We might be getting Harris back before the WAC tournament. Wish they were at full strength all season long though. They dismantled GCU and Thunder Dan last night. It’s the best they have looked since knocking off Miss State.
Seriously? Now that is good inside info. National media sleeping of course. It was cringe worthy watching Buchanon run the point for 99.99% of the time instead of Gilyard at the end of the UVU game when Rice hit the game winner. It was clear if that team had a healthy Harris they could be a second weekend team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom