Sid suspended | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

Reaction Score
All in or get out. Like Hurley said, if AG or Sid can't find minutes on an 8-man team, it ain't happening. Sid couldn't figure it out or didn't have his own system in place to show that he wanted to make an effort, or so it seems.

Kills our chances at making an AAC tournament run, so for a fan this is just another season down the tubes even before it ends.
This season has been such a success in so many ways. AAC tournament aside. this wasn’t a season down the tubes.

Reaction Score
All in or get out. Like Hurley said, if AG or Sid can't find minutes on an 8-man team, it ain't happening. Sid couldn't figure it out or didn't have his own system in place to show that he wanted to make an effort, or so it seems.

Kills our chances at making an AAC tournament run, so for a fan this is just another season down the tubes even before it ends.

Disciplining Sid is the opposite of throwing the season down the tubes. It's Hurley laying down the law and setting an example for the younger players.

Reaction Score

Not at all down the tubes, this season has been great. We'll see it all coming together starting next season.

Reaction Score
this has been the best season since 2013-14
Exactly. Kinda glad the season is ending soon. Ride the positive mojo into next season. Let the injuries heal. Get back 3-4 more players. This was a huge success of a season. Now if we do get an NIT bid but Sid Wilson isn’t back, does Hurley opt out of the invite? Matt Garry is out for the season we are down to 7 Schollys and one walk on

Reaction Score
Well for postseason play. Obviously we're now on a fantastic long-term trajectory

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Exactly. Kinda glad the season is ending soon. Ride the positive mojo into next season. Let the injuries heal. Get back 3-4 more players. This was a huge success of a season. Now if we do get an NIT bid but Sid Wilson isn’t back, does Hurley opt out of the invite? Matt Garry is out for the season we are down to 7 Schollys and one walk on
I was thinking about this (what to do with an NIT bid) a week or so ago. It would probably lead to a heartfelt conversation with the team. If CV and possibly AG really wanted to play postseason, would Hurley shut them down?

Reaction Score
Please help the new forum guy...JellyFarm?
Jelly fam was a "movement" started by some NYC kids to put NYC basketball back on the map. They were big on social media. Their signature move was making layups much more difficult than they should be. None of the kids panned out on the high major level unfortunately.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this (what to do with an NIT bid) a week or so ago. It would probably lead to a heartfelt conversation with the team. If CV and possibly AG really wanted to play postseason, would Hurley shut them down?
we're winning the aac tourney with 7 guys. thats all you need. cant turn down an auto bid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From his IG earlier today
Kinda cryptic - young man has had a tough few years - losing his mom, going to St. John's to be close to home, hating it, transfering to UConn where he wanted to go to begin with, having to sit out, the coach he came to play for getting fired and then just never seemed to fit in. I hope he finds some happiness and peace with himself.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Heart breaking really. Loses his mother, gets screwed by the NCAA and has to stop playing basketball. I would imagine having to sit out and watch a team from the sidelines isn’t the best place to grieve.

I don’t know what he did to get suspended or what he’s been doing all year, but folks with a “good riddance” attitude don’t have their priorities in line.

Hope Sid is able to figure it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His 2nd suspension, I believe?

Hurley’s references to Sid have been less than glowing recently, so I wonder if this has been building for a while or due to a recent occurrence. Disappointing that he just has never figured out a way to build on his insane athleticism. I would imagine his future here is very much in doubt
Remember Hurley's post game press conference a few games ago where Hurley was going through the box score and praising most of the players about how they've improved and are good building blocks for next year? Didn't mention Sid or Alterique even after scanning the box score again and saying something like, "Yeah, that's everyone." (something like that). You could tell from that there was something going on.

It's disappointing. For Sid and for the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom