Sid suspended | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.
If they get an invite to postseason play, how can Hurley look CV in the eyes and say “sorry, we only have 7 so we can’t play anymore.” That ain’t happening. CV deserves postseason play if they get a chance, he’s a warrior, he’ll play 36-40 min a game if needed. 7 bodies and the walk on, they can manage.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if Mamadou can suit up and give 5 minutes a game.
Can we do some kind of Vulcan mind meld and give Sid Mamadou's work ethic. If so we could win a Natty real quick.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Nope. Any coach will be delighted to have the extra coaching time afforded a postseason invite. If DH turned it down the players would revolt.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Please Stop it! NO Mamadu, No Walk Ons. YES to NIT. Practice will be fine. Grab a few intramural bodies. If I were one of the seven, I would be thrilled at the chance to come together. Seven in the NITY will build unity faster than anything I can think of. I would love it. I would kill myself in practice. We seven would go to war together. And besides that, losing Sid is not losing a positive contributor. So, lace'em up tight and get after it.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Now that is good inside info. National media sleeping of course. It was cringe worthy watching Buchanon run the point for 99.99% of the time instead of Gilyard at the end of the UVU game when Rice hit the game winner. It was clear if that team had a healthy Harris they could be a second weekend team.
Agree about Buchanon. He’s a guy that should get plenty of run because of his defense but when we need a bucket at the end it should be Gilyard running the show.

The Harris info comes from a couple of boosters from NMSU. He’s still in a walking boot but I’m hopeful we have him back to make a run in the NCAA’s if we get there.

Reaction Score
9, 7, 6, 10

Those are the minutes Sid played in the last 4 games.

Spoiler alert, Chicken Littles:

We’ve basically been playing a 7-man rotation and seem to be doing pretty OK lately.

I think the boys can find a way to make it work for another 7+ games

Reaction Score
We haven’t been to a postseason tournament since 2016 and people seriously want to turn down a bid? Because someone MAY get injured? Jesus.

What fantasy world are you living in.? Programs turn down the NIT ever year. It happens all the time. Nobody cares about that stinking tournament anymore. BTW if i'm an agent and some player hires me to "test the waters" the first thing I would tell said player is to not play in that stinking tournament. Exhibet A: AKOK AKOK

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What fantasy world are you living in.? Programs turn down the NIT ever year. It happens all the time. Nobody cares about that stinking tournament anymore.
Sorry but as a long time fan ANY chance to the Huskies play is a good thing. Post season tournaments no matter which one is good for fans and players. A few more games in a one and done enviornment can only help these young players going forward.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
What fantasy world are you living in.? Programs turn down the NIT ever year. It happens all the time. Nobody cares about that stinking tournament anymore. BTW if i'm an agent and some player hires me to "test the waters" the first thing I would tell said player is to not play in that stinking tournament. Exhibet A: AKOK AKOK

Well, first of all you don’t hire an agent to test the waters.... so there’s that. I am sure the rest of your post was more accurate but I stopped reading it.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

I have never disagreed with a post more then this one.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

NIT gives a developing program looking to regain its place a chance to be in higher stake games. Where would we be If we did it win the NIT back in 1988. That gave us exposure to land our first mega class in 1991.

Reaction Score
NIT gives a developing program looking to regain its place a chance to be in higher stake games. Where would we be If we did it win the NIT back in 1988. That gave us exposure to land our first mega class in 1991.

The NIT is lower stake than the regular season and the AAC tournament. Much lower stake.

Reaction Score
If some y'all that scared about more injuries in the NIT, we might as well forfeit the rest of the regular season and not even bother going to Fort Worth.
Wrong, right now we are still playing for seeding in the AAC tournament and the chance to win that tournament and make the real tournament. These games matter.

Did I wake up in 1947? The NIT is important again??

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If they get an invite to postseason play, how can Hurley look CV in the eyes and say “sorry, we only have 7 so we can’t play anymore.” That ain’t happening. CV deserves postseason play if they get a chance, he’s a warrior, he’ll play 36-40 min a game if needed. 7 bodies and the walk on, they can manage.
AG too, if he's leaning toward calling it a career here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom