SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 61 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Hopefully, they'll be buried under three feet of snow for his visit. Basketball aside, upstate New York is the last place I would ever want to go to school.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Visiting Cuse. Say it ain't so. We need this kid.

Reaction Score
Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes to high either. He's potentially a great player down the road and if he really wants to be a Husky he will be it would seem.

If not we can't worry because the staff is on target with a lot of nice players for the future some already signed and some they are still trying to lure. This one scares me for some reason so I'm not as confident as most of you therefore will not be surprised or depressed if it doesn't go our way.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hopefully, they'll be buried under three feet of snow for his visit. Basketball aside, upstate New York is the last place I would ever want to go to school.

Um, My son is a prof at a very good upstate school and was an undergrad at another very good upstate school. I don't want him buried under 3 feet of snow unless it melts as soon as Diallo leaves for home. But remember where Diallo goes to prep school. I can tell you we've had as much snow as the SU area some years recently.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
cohen, Last year Syracuse had 112 inches of snow. Hartford had 59

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
cohen, Last year Syracuse had 112 inches of snow. Hartford had 59

I like the discussion about them being pleased that Briana Stewart not getting a senior/home town game at the Dome because they don't want to give our WBB a "boost" by playing in front of a big crowd there.

Somehow, I think Geno will survive without that "boost"

Reaction Score
You might want to clarify that to say Syracuse is the last place you would want to go to school. Most of upstate NY is a LOT nicer than Syracuse and the southern half of the Buffalo area. Rochester has probably had way less snow the last few years than Hartford has and is a lot nicer of a city. Albany is no worse than New Haven, Waterbury or Bridgeport. And the finger lakes are as nice, with less snow, than the Berkshires. Ithaca is way nicer than Storrs and I am not sure why anyone wouldn't want to got to an Ivy and especially one that isn't surrounded by high crime rate areas. (Looking at you Yale)

Reaction Score
You might want to clarify that to say Syracuse is the last place you would want to go to school. Most of upstate NY is a LOT nicer than Syracuse and the southern half of the Buffalo area. Rochester has probably had way less snow the last few years than Hartford has and is a lot nicer of a city. Albany is no worse than New Haven, Waterbury or Bridgeport. And the finger lakes are as nice, with less snow, than the Berkshires. Ithaca is way nicer than Storrs and I am not sure why anyone wouldn't want to got to an Ivy and especially one that isn't surrounded by high crime rate areas. (Looking at you Yale)

Rochester is an absolute toilet, and they get hammered by snow every year. Great cheeseburgers, though.

Reaction Score
Rochester is an absolute toilet, and they get hammered by snow every year. Great cheeseburgers, though.
I said it was better than Hartford and it is, by a lot. It is no San Diego but you are wrong. I lived and worked in and around both cities. Hartford gets bigger snowfalls and most of the Rochester area doesn't even see any significant lake effect. Both cities have bad parts but Hartford's is much worse. Rochester has more culture and night life. Hartford dies after working hours. And Rochester has better colleges.

Reaction Score
Ollie really needs to land this kid. I know he has landed a few very good players recently but even the best have been borderline 4/5 star kids. Landing this kid would prove he can get the occasional consensus 5 star player. You know, like a Kemba or Khalid or Donyell. If he fails on this kid, he really needs to adjust his approach with these bluest of blue chip kids. I would tell these kids the truth. You can come to UConn and learn how to become truly great or you can go to, say, Kentucky to showcase what you can already do well.

Reaction Score
@Paesano : I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting your complaint but Ollie has been bringing in a ton of consensus 4-5* talent recently. Jalen Adams, Juwan Howard, Vance Jackson, Zach Brown. These guys are all 4-5*, nothing borderline about it. Alterique Gilbert is McD AA. If you're just looking to complain about something there are much better subjects than recruiting these days.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
@Paesano : I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting your complaint but Ollie has been bringing in a ton of consensus 4-5* talent recently. Jalen Adams, Juwan Howard, Vance Jackson, Zach Brown. These guys are all 4-5*, nothing borderline about it. Alterique Gilbert is McD AA. If you're just looking to complain about something there are much better subjects than recruiting these days.

That guy is always complaining about something; do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

Reaction Score
@Peacefrog

Paesano is incapable of going a full post without taking a dig at someone or something, so I wouldn't waste much mental effort on it.

Reaction Score
Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes to high either. He's potentially a great player down the road and if he really wants to be a Husky he will be it would seem.

If not we can't worry because the staff is on target with a lot of nice players for the future some already signed and some they are still trying to lure. This one scares me for some reason so I'm not as confident as most of you therefore will not be surprised or depressed if it doesn't go our way.

I have that same feeling. I really hope we get this kid, but i just get a feeling that he might not be that into Uconn. I hope i'm wrong. But like you said either way we have some good players and the world wont stop if he doesnt come here. And if he does come here thats awesome! Im with you though, not getting attached to this one emotionally.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
cohen, Last year Syracuse had 112 inches of snow. Hartford had 59[/QUOTE
Define Syracuse. Just north of the city gets much more lake effect snow than just south. My son lives south. Syracuse gets lake effect snow, we get Noreasters. Does Syracuse get more than us? Overall yes. Does the difference mean that much to a kid from the Northeast? Connecticut ain't Florida.

Reaction Score
Well, I chose upstater the name upstater for a reason. My lot in life is to somehow come up here in 1995 and never leave (except for a couple years in Providence, a couple in Ann Arbor). I've lived in Albany, Rochester and now Buffalo, so I think I have a good handle on it over the last 20+ years.

I would move to Connecticut and live in...... Old Saybrook maybe.

But yes, he is right about Rochester v. Hartford. And right about Buffalo. And right about Syracuse being the black hole of upstate NY.

I know it's not saying much that there is more culture and life up here than in Connecticut, but it is true. Not Syracuse. That's the state's bastard child.

Syracuse also gets a lot of snow. They don't escape the N'oreasters like Western New York does.

Reaction Score

I'm just not sure why we would offer a scholarship to Juwan "Howard" I mean for 1 he's really old now and 2 I think he's used his eligibility up ;)

Reaction Score
I said it was better than Hartford and it is, by a lot. It is no San Diego but you are wrong. I lived and worked in and around both cities. Hartford gets bigger snowfalls and most of the Rochester area doesn't even see any significant lake effect. Both cities have bad parts but Hartford's is much worse. Rochester has more culture and night life. Hartford dies after working hours. And Rochester has better colleges.

I don't know if you're a liar or just insane, but Rochester gets way more snow than Hartford. My dad's family is from there, and the amount of snow they get is legendary. And it is the lake effect. But, you don't have to take my word for it; look at these measurements from objective third parties!

https://www.currentresults.com/Weat...nowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php
https://www.currentresults.com/Weat...nowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

Rochester more than doubles Hartford's annual snowfall. More than doubles. Now take your negative ass out of here and go complain somewhere else.

caw

Reaction Score

We got Juwan Howard? Didn't know he was still playing. Jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog